2011 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
    DaQuan Bowers is the DE from Clemson, and he is mainly just living off the hype when he came out of highschool as a the #1 recruit in the nation.

Robert Quinn is vastly overrated, and I believe you'll see that in this upcoming year.

Bowers through the first 3 games has 6 TFL's and 3 Sacks.... Just sayin..

Josh Freeman by Kenbo Slice

Comment

Heres a mini bucs mock after 4 weeks:

TOP NEEDS:
      DE
      S
      G
      MLB
      RB

1st: Adrian Clayborn DE IOWA: Watched him against Penn State. He is an absolute beast. Stud against the run and he just owns LT's with his strength and high motor. Sacks haven't come really, but on a D-line of McCoy and Price, our d-line would a terror for opponents for years to come.

2nd: DeAndre McMichael SS Clemson: Found our stud SS. Can play next to Myron Lewis in our Secondary for years.

3rd: Kelvin Sheppard MLB LSU: He isn't gonna blow you away with his combine results, but he is a perfect fit in our system. He is very good against the run and can drop back in zone coverage. I've watched a few games of LSU this year and he's everywhere. He might go higher after his name gets out though.

3rd: (compensation for A. Bryant): Ros I Dowling CB Virginia - I've seen his stock slip a bit and I think we're going to need another CB with us moving Lewis to FS. He could be a nice complimentary to Talib.

4th: John Moffit G Wisconsin

5th: Orlando Franklin T Miami

6th: Delone Carter RB Syracuse

7th: Jerimiah Hunter OLB Iowa

Comment

Ryan Williams is having a down year, mostly because of his o-line. So he's definitely not the type of back we need running behind our o-line . We need a back that can make something outta nothing.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

We need Mark Ingram. He is number 3 on my BB right now for the Bucs.

1. PP
          2. Quinn
          3.Ingram

Comment

Forgive me, who is PP?

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

CB from LSU... Patrick Peterson... GOD!

Comment

Originally posted by bigbuc View Post
                CB from LSU... Patrick Peterson... GOD!
                He's an absolute stud. Can you imagine him and talib together? Too bad we need a pass rush in the worst way though.

Comment

Edit: Wrong Thread

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

Brandon Harris is a better fit in our defense than Peterson. Harris is a bigger, faster, more physical version of Ronde. He can slide in to cover the nickel on 3rd downs, he's a great blitzer, he supports the run hard, he competes well for the ball, etc.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                      Brandon Harris is a better fit in our defense than Peterson. Harris is a bigger, faster, more physical version of Ronde. He can slide in to cover the nickel on 3rd downs, he's a great blitzer, he supports the run hard, he competes well for the ball, etc.
                      I'm a fan of Brandoon Harris also. This guy is always making tackles, and rarely misses. He has to be one of the best run support corners in the nation. Plus he has the speed to keep up with any receiver in the league. I stell wanna give Myron Lewis a chance first.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

Peterson is awesome, but the Bucs already have a guy to cover the opponent's #1 WR. In a league with limited assets to acquire premier talent, it doesn't make sense to use a top pick on a second tier position like #2 CB.

Comment

Originally posted by StaticGator View Post
                          Peterson is awesome, but the Bucs already have a guy to cover the opponent's #1 WR. In a league with limited assets to acquire premier talent, it doesn't make sense to use a top pick on a second tier position like #2 CB.
                          Agreed, but it looks like alot more teams now have two good receivers. Cowboys, Vikes, Packers, etc... So two solid CBs wouldn't hurt. But i expect to be picking in the 15-19 range, PP will be long gone. Plus i don't see CB as a first round need.
                          Last edited by V.I.P; 10-09-2010, 09:05 PM.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

Why are you guys talking about CBs? Talib, Lewis, Biggers are the future.

DE, MLB, FS, OG are all wayyyyyy more important to us than another CB. People need to stop giving us a CB in the 1st (I have seen Amukamara way too much in peoples mocks).

I am omiting RB because of my Blount boner.
                            save Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
                              Why are you guys talking about CBs? Talib, Lewis, Biggers are the future.

DE, MLB, FS, OG are all wayyyyyy more important to us than another CB. People need to stop giving us a CB in the 1st (I have seen Amukamara way too much in peoples mocks).

I am omiting RB because of my Blount boner.
                              I'm still not a fan of Myron Lewis. I disliked the pick. I wanted Chris Cook, but Minnesota chose to over draft him. I don't think we should have our hopes high for Lewis. I mean, Mack is activated over him. Didn't Lewis go to Vandy, how is he not picking up the playbook quickly?

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

CBs take a long, long time to develop, plus Lewis had injuries all offseason. Talib did start the season as the #3 his rookie year but he only played a significant amount late in the season. You expect a high 3rd round pick to start, so we have to assume he'll be a starting CB by next year.

etk, I watched Nate Irving vs VT and was really impressed. Where is he projected to go?

Just for fun, here are the teams I think we will be drafting behind (in no order):
                                Oakland (New England), Kansas City, Cleveland, Buffalo, Jacksonville, St. Louis, Arizona, Detroit, Washington/NYG, Carolina.

So that puts us around the 11th pick. Clayborn is likely out of reach. Mark Ingram would be perfect here but what if Blount looks good? How bout Deandre McDaniel?

Oh and here is my top 5 overall so far:
                                1. CB Patrick Peterson LSU
                                2. DE/DT Marcell Dareus BAMA
                                3. DE Adrian Clayborn IOWA
                                4. DE Robert Quinn UNC
                                5. WR AJ Green GEORGIA

Im not wild about the 3 QBs like most people are.
                                save Freeman

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information