Move up to number #2?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move up to number #2?

With all the speculation around Detroit trading out of number #2, would you rather we trade up to take CJ on the day,(if available?) or stay put, and risk losing him?

We have the ammunition to do it, two second round picks (our own, and Indy's) we would need to switch picks with the Lions and send them our second round pick #35 (2B) and our fifth round pick #131 to complete the deal.

I'd be happy to do it, would you?
    Last edited by Merlin; 03-19-2007, 02:40 PM.

Originally posted by Merlin View Post
    With all the speculation around Detroit trading out of number #2, would you rather we trade up to take CJ (if available?) or stay put, and risk losing him?

We have the ammunition to do it, two second round picks (our own, and Indy's) we would need to switch picks with the Lions and send them our second round pick #35 (2B) and our fifth round pick #131 to complete the deal.

I'd do it.
    R.I.P. L.E.F.
    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

I wouldn't be too upset with any scenario that nets us CJ, but we would be missing on a lot of good talent if we trade our 2a pick. Kalil, Merriwether, Ugoh, Charles Johnson, etc. are all guys that could really help our team and could easily be available when we pick. That said, I'm becomming increasingly afraid that neither CJ or JT will be available at 4 . . . and what a bummer that will be.

Comment

If CJ is still there at #2, chances are he will still be there at #4. Its those damn Raiders we've go to worry about.

Comment

With all the speculation around Detroit trading out of number #2, would you rather we trade up to take CJ on the day,(if available?) or stay put, and risk losing him?

No chance. While CJ is a great prospect, I don't think that a WR is worth that much to this team. We have so many holes, one which can be well addressed with the #35 pick.

I would maybe consider trading our 2B (pick #64) to flip spots, but even then it would be tough. Especially given the financial implications of paying a #2 overall pick versus the #4 overall pick.

With all of the love that is getting thrown at the 2 QB's, I am starting to become more confident that one of JT or CJ will be available at #4.

Comment

I think Tampa fans would be very staisfied with that trade granted Oakland doesn't take Clavin; which I'm assuming they won't in the end.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
              If CJ is still there at #2, chances are he will still be there at #4. Its those damn Raiders we've go to worry about.
              Detroit IS going to end up trading down . . . I can assure you of that. Who do you think that team that moves up will be after?
              R.I.P. L.E.F.
              "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

I love CJ with all my heart, but we don't need a WR badly enough to give up additional draft picks. We all know that our staff are not going to trade up for him no matter how good he is. We have that extra 2nd to use on positions of need.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

we gave up draft picks for Keyshawn
                  we gave up draft picks for Gruden

THIS is the reason we are so old and needy on defense. we CANNOT aford to trade away any more picks. We need to rebuild this team for now and the future. Or else, in 2 years we will have the worse defense in the league and will be picking top 3 for the next 5 years. 2nd and 3rd round picks are the foundation and building blocks of most good teams and we need them. A potential Pro Bowl Center along with some defensive players that we could snag are alot more important than having CJ

I want CJ, and very badly, but we need to start thinking of alternative drafts because I doubt we will get him....and its not worth it to give away more potential youth for one player

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by -black View Post

THIS is the reason we are so old and needy on defense. we CANNOT aford to trade away any more picks. We need to rebuild this team for now and the future. Or else, in 2 years we will have the worse defense in the league and will be picking top 3 for the next 5 years. 2nd and 3rd round picks are the foundation and building blocks of most good teams and we need them. A potential Pro Bowl Center along with some defensive players that we could snag are alot more important than having CJ

I want CJ, and very badly, but we need to start thinking of alternative drafts because I doubt we will get him....and its not worth it to give away more potential youth for one player

Well Said.

I am as high as anyone on Calvin Johnson but I do not think it is worth throwing away all of our other picks for one great player. We need to rejuvenate on defense and with that extra 2nd rounder that is exactly what we will be able to do.

Comment

Originally posted by -black View Post

I changed my mind, -black for team leader!! :P

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

no

ten times no

bonekrusher on the sig magic
                        <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
                        <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Originally posted by BeansDooma View Post
                          no

ten times no
                          Someone likes Okoye a little too much......

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                            Someone likes Okoye a little too much......
                            Dude, what the hell? I WOULD LOVE TO SEE CJ ON THE BUCS MORE THAN ANY OTHER PLAYER. What I do NOT want to see is us throw away picks for him when he'll be there at #4 should Oakland not take him.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
                            <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
                            <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Originally posted by BeansDooma View Post
                              Dude, what the hell? I WOULD LOVE TO SEE CJ ON THE BUCS MORE THAN ANY OTHER PLAYER. What I do NOT want to see is us throw away picks for him when he'll be there at #4 should Oakland not take him.
                              Read my first post on this thread....

SARCASM: we had a little discussion on it in another thread,

When I said little I really meant little!

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information