Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alan Branch???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Alan Branch???

    http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/10091269

    Check out Pat Kirwan's latest mock.

    I have to be honest if things happen as he suggest's in the top 5, I'll stick my face into a fan! (that's switched on at full power!)

    I hate it, even though their is alot of talk about teams trading up with Detroit, I doubt Cleveland would do it, especially with two potential franchise QB's available, on top of which, we all know it would cost the earth for a team outside the top 5 to do it. Cleveland could just sit their and wait for the runner-up in the QB battle.

    Arizona could move up with us, a LT is a "need" after letting Leonard Davis leave to Dallas, but to then have us picking Branch?????

    PS, when did Luke Petitgout, Jeff Garcia, Chris Simms Bruce Gradkowski and Jake Plummer leave us for Arizona...lols


    1. **Oakland: Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech -- The Raiders have lots of needs, but as long as quarterback is one of them, they have to respond by selecting the guy with the great deep ball, JaMarcus Russell. By passing on the opportunity to get Schaub in a trade, it looks like a QB -- BUT if the Raiders secure a QB like Josh McCown from the Lions, then here comes Calvin Johnson. Let's go with Johnson, the top-rated player on most draft boards!

    2. **Cleveland (after trade with Detroit): JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU -- The Lions here could take Russell, Gaines Adams or move down. It would not surprise me if it is a swap with Cleveland.

    3. **Detroit (after trade with Cleveland): Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson -- Now that they've traded down, the Lions could go in a lot of directions. I think they'll sit right here and take a quarterback later in the draft.

    4. **Arizona (after trade with Tampa Bay): Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin -- No reason to move up if Calvin Johnson is gone at the top spot, so now they let the draft come to them. Joe Thomas is a solid pick even though they have Luke Petitgout, but they will seriously talk about Brady Quinn even though they have Jeff Garcia, Chris Simms Bruce Gradkowski and maybe Jake Plummer. I say they move down one spot with the Cardinals and let them takes Thomas.

    5. **Tampa Bay (after trade with Arizona): Alan Branch, NT, Michigan -- Quinn is still out there, but I say the Bucs are thinking Branch. The massive Michigan nose tackle is a rare talent and the Tampa Bay defense needs an injection of youth.

  • #2
    boo-no....

    Comment


    • #3
      the Bucs would either take Landry or Okoye....dont worry


      -sig by jkpigskin

      Comment


      • #4
        Can't see them taking Branch, not at all.
        "If everyone liked the same thing everyone would be after your grandmother."

        My Grandfather

        Comment


        • #5
          After Branch's workouts, the earliest he should expect to go is 6 to the Redskins. And at this point in time that is a reach. In that particular situation I would expect the Bucs to take Joe Thomas.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
            After Branch's workouts, the earliest he should expect to go is 6 to the Redskins. And at this point in time that is a reach. In that particular situation I would expect the Bucs to take Joe Thomas.
            I agree, I can't see the Bucs passing on a franchise LT. I think Thomas is #2 on their board after CJ.
            "If everyone liked the same thing everyone would be after your grandmother."

            My Grandfather

            Comment


            • #7
              I know UT and S are a need and all. But who doesn't want their very own Walter Jones or Orlando Pace or *insert franchise left tackle here*.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                I know UT and S are a need and all. But who doesn't want their very own Walter Jones or Orlando Pace or *insert franchise left tackle here*.
                Who doesn't want their very own Kevin Williams, Warren Sapp, Tommie Harris, etc.

                The same could be said about any position, and once again, LT is not the most important position on our line.....

                That would be a great trade, but we would never take Branch, I can say that in confidence. I don't buy all this workout crap either, his stock is not dropping, teams know what kind of player he is. You put a NT in a T & shorts and he's not going to impress you, put on the tape and you see impressive quickness for a big guy. We don't need him though, and Okoye is higher on our board I assume.

                sig by BoneKrusher

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                  I know UT and S are a need and all. But who doesn't want their very own Walter Jones or Orlando Pace or *insert franchise left tackle here*.
                  Notre Dame "homer alert!"......Or Tom Brady, Payton Manning *insert franchise QB ;-)

                  I think Okoye would be much better suited in our system, I've never been overly impressed when I've seen Branch.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I can't see how you can argue that an UT is more important than a Franchise LT. Anyone would tell you that LT is valued higher than UT on any team. It is the responsibility of the LT to block the highest quality pass rushers in the NFL. Whether he is protecting the QB's blind side or not is irrelevant, you need to keep your Freeney's away from the QB at all costs.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                      I can't see how you can argue that an UT is more important than a Franchise LT. Anyone would tell you that LT is valued higher than UT on any team. It is the responsibility of the LT to block the highest quality pass rushers in the NFL. Whether he is protecting the QB's blind side or not is irrelevant, you need to keep your Freeney's away from the QB at all costs.
                      When the difference in importance is very small, and one position is a bigger need than another, it justifies a pick. I rate Okoye higher than Thomas too, but I'm not sure how our coaches feel, but we all know Gruden loves Okoye. There is also the matter of us needing to add youth to our defense, and Okoye being the youngest prospect ever (I think).

                      It's funny how you don't just call it a LT, you call it a Franchise LT, as if that makes it sound more important. From now on I'm calling Okoye a Franchise UT! Do you ever hear someone call a RT a Franchise RT. No, and as long as Simms is our QB, LT is our less valuable OT position, and thus not worthy of the "franchise" coinage. Trueblood is our franchise T, are we that greedy that we need 2, when we don't even have a frickin pass rush!

                      Your other argument about how the best pass rusher is a RE is not true either. There are plenty of great LEs in the league, it's almost equal. We used to face Peppers, Kerney & Will Allen twice a year, and they are all LEs.

                      sig by BoneKrusher

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Most people will argue against what you are saying. Sure you have some valid points, but it is a known fact that teams generally line up their best pass rusher at RE.

                        And in regards to the "franchise" term. Seeing as though only LT and QB are mentioned with the word franchise as a preface, recgonises how important it can be to a team.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by etk View Post
                          When the difference in importance is very small, and one position is a bigger need than another, it justifies a pick. I rate Okoye higher than Thomas too, but I'm not sure how our coaches feel, but we all know Gruden loves Okoye. There is also the matter of us needing to add youth to our defense, and Okoye being the youngest prospect ever (I think).

                          It's funny how you don't just call it a LT, you call it a Franchise LT, as if that makes it sound more important. From now on I'm calling Okoye a Franchise UT! Do you ever hear someone call a RT a Franchise RT. No, and as long as Simms is our QB, LT is our less valuable OT position, and thus not worthy of the "franchise" coinage. Trueblood is our franchise T, are we that greedy that we need 2, when we don't even have a frickin pass rush!


                          Your other argument about how the best pass rusher is a RE is not true either. There are plenty of great LEs in the league, it's almost equal. We used to face Peppers, Kerney & Will Allen twice a year, and they are all LEs.
                          Maybe Simms is no longer "our QB"?

                          I would agree however, I see our D-line as an area of need, especially over our O-line at least, we may look to address the C position at some point, though it will depend on the talent available as to which day it will be?

                          As for the term Franchise, I would agree with 24C24's interpritation of it.
                          Last edited by Merlin; 03-28-2007, 06:41 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Merlin View Post
                            Maybe Simms is no longer "our QB"?

                            I would agree however, I see our D-line as an area of need, especially over our O-line at least, we may look to address the C position at some point, though it will depend on the talent available as to which day it will be?

                            As for the term Franchise, I would agree with 24C24's interpritation of it.
                            Games are won and lost in the trenches so it would not surprise me at all if we go O-Line/D-Line with our 1st 3 picks.

                            It can easily be argued that we need upgrades at LT, C, DE and DT and we could take any number of players at any number of picks.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I dont think we will take a branch or joe thomas but it will be eather adams or the 19 year-old kid or maybe even anderson "bust"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information