X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caddy
    started a topic **Official Forum Mock Draft Thread**

**Official Forum Mock Draft Thread**

I just thought it would be a good idea to make an entirely new thread where the GM's of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers can discuss ideas and get input from the guys who are not participating.

• Caddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Merlin View Post
    Can't complain I guess, Walker is a proven rec, and will do well as a 3rd down RB, though I just think Henry has so much more potential, anyway nice pick.

I can't believe Barnes is still available as well?
    Maybe someone will take him in the 7th...

Leave a comment:

• Merlin
    replied
    Can't complain I guess, Walker is a proven rec, and will do well as a 3rd down RB, though I just think Henry has so much more potential, anyway nice pick.

I can't believe Barnes is still available as well?

Leave a comment:

• Merlin
    replied
    I see Detroit have just picked up Kevin Boss (TE I mentioned) and Mike Walker has gone to the Panthers.
    Last edited by Merlin; 04-22-2007, 04:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• etk
    replied
    Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
    The guy you want is pretty similar to what we already have in Pittman. Maybe taking a flyer on a guy like ^ wouldn't be too bad.
    That's true, but Pittman is old and drops/fumbles too many passes for my liking.

Leave a comment:

• Merlin
    replied
    You would be quite familiar with him
    Hmm...I have two options ;- )

Leave a comment:

• Caddy
    replied
    Who are you targeting? PM me if you like.
    You would be quite familiar with him

Leave a comment:

• Merlin
    replied
    The guy you want is pretty similar to what we already have in Pittman. Maybe taking a flyer on a guy like ^ wouldn't be too bad.
    Who are you targeting? PM me if you like.

Leave a comment:

• Caddy
    replied
    Originally posted by etk View Post
    So are some other RBs, but shh :)

Leave a comment:

• etk
    replied

Hey, I've just noticed Chris Henry is still available???
    So are some other RBs, but shh :)

Leave a comment:

• etk
    replied
    I guess that will work for out ok for both of us then, but should anyone ask, you can tell them he's the guy that "knows more about football than me"....lols

Well I guess we can forget about Young as Dallas picked him two spots after you.

So what was your thinking about selecting Marvin White, Texas-Christian play a 4-2-5 and theirs not many of them in the NFL.
    Marvin White is good in run support and coverage, and he has prototypical size and athleticism for our defense. His main weakness is his football intelligence (that's why his stock is lower), but he will have simple deep-half duties in our coverage so he has greater value on our board.

We could have gone many ways, but I really liked how White fits in our defense, and we need someone to challenge Will Allen and provide depth. At this point we are picking for immediate depth and S is our weakest spot where depth is concerned. Wendling will play SS, I drafted him hoping I could get White later on. I don't think we've ever had an athlete like him at SS, and he will share minutes with Phillips as a rookie.

As far as Young goes, I trusted your judgement but I was shocked to see him picked so early. He would've been near the top of our board in the 5th for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Caddy
    replied
    I'm taking etk in this bet :)

Leave a comment:

• Merlin
    replied
    lol, I'm fine with a "Merlin knows more football than me", in my sig. I'll post the quote in front of it too. Most people will be like "who's Merlin"?
    I guess that will work for out ok for both of us then, but should anyone ask, you can tell them he's the guy that "knows more about football than me"....lols

Well I guess we can forget about Young as Dallas picked him two spots after you.

So what was your thinking about selecting Marvin White, Texas-Christian play a 4-2-5 and theirs not many of them in the NFL.

Hey, I've just noticed Chris Henry is still available???
    Last edited by Merlin; 04-21-2007, 05:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• etk
    replied
    Cool, should be fun ;- )....in a slightly nervous way...lols
    lol, I'm fine with a "Merlin knows more football than me", in my sig. I'll post the quote in front of it too. Most people will be like "who's Merlin"?

Leave a comment:

• Merlin
    replied
    Absolutely. I know for a fact that Higgins will go behind Jones, it's Walker I'm worried about. I didn't realize how productive and fast he was, so it should be exciting!
    Cool, should be fun ;- )....in a slightly nervous way...lols

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information