Charles Grant /Saints agree on a seven-year contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles Grant /Saints agree on a seven-year contract

The New Orleans Saints reached agreement with free-agent defensive end Charles Grant on a seven-year contract worth up to $63 million, including $20 million of guaranteed money. Grant will make $24 million over the first three years of the deal and $35 million over the first five. Grant, the Saints' franchise player, had visited the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

So much for looking at him next year.

Calais Campbell FTW!

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

we wont have a chance at Campbell

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by -black View Post
        we wont have a chance at Campbell
        Moses was arguably the top DE going into 06/07 and look what happened to him.

Comment

Campbell is not Moses

if you want to be politically correct then fine. I also can say "Darren McFadden might be avialable in the 3rd round"

but from watching these layers play, its easy to know "who is ALMOST a lock at a spot" and who had a great season but still was questonable. Moses was one dimesional and relied on one stat......sacks. Campebell is not

IMHO, we will not have a chance at him
          Last edited by -black; 04-27-2007, 10:09 AM.

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Campbell is definitely a lock to go in the top 10, but it's not like we as a team are a lock to not finish in the bottom 10 again.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
              Campbell is definitely a lock to go in the top 10, but it's not like we as a team are a lock to not finish in the bottom 10 again.
              In a world of NFL parody It would not be crazy that the Buccaneers finish 8-8 or thereabouts. Afterall, the Saints went from the 2nd worst team in the NFL to one of the best, albeit from good FA pick-ups and Bush/Colston. However the possibility is still there.

Comment

I think Campbell will be a top 3 pick, and possibly (depending on whose picking) the number 1 overall pick

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                  In a world of NFL parody It would not be crazy that the Buccaneers finish 8-8 or thereabouts. Afterall, the Saints went from the 2nd worst team in the NFL to one of the best, albeit from good FA pick-ups and Bush/Colston. However the possibility is still there.
                  I never said anything otherwise. Our division (and conference) typically tends to flip-flop from worst to last every year. One year you struggle, but the next you win the division with an easier schedule. Then you struggle again with a tougher schedule the year after. I would be shocked if we didn't greatly improve next year record-wise, that's how tight our conference is talent-wise.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

i'm hoping Simms takes that next step and takes QB off the list of concerns for our team.

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Im happy that we didnt get grant if it would have cost us this much

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                        Im happy that we didnt get grant if it would have cost us this much
                        Chucky, I don't think you understand the new cap revolution quite yet. There is major inflation with contracts and signing bonuses, and all good players will be "overpaid", including draft picks. In time you will learn to adjust your judgement like the rest of us, but also keep in mind that players like Nate Clements and others won't see every cent from the massive contracts they sign.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Chucky, I don't think you understand the new cap revolution quite yet. There is major inflation with contracts and signing bonuses, and all good players will be "overpaid", including draft picks. In time you will learn to adjust your judgement like the rest of us, but also keep in mind that players like Nate Clements and others won't see every cent from the massive contracts they sign.
                          Sure the contracts are going to be inflated, but Grant still probably got more money than he deserved. It is simple economics in effect and the salary cap is going to grow steadily for years, with players salaries continuously increasing.

Comment

its better to overpay for a great starter than underpay for a nobody

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

I realize that and understand that he wont be getting all the money, but that does not meant that i do not believe that he is overpaid, this shows even more how important it is in the draft to get homegrown talent who can come on the cheap. Man I hope spencer drops to us in the second

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information