Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Around the NFC South

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Around the NFC South

    I was praying the Falcons would mortgage their whole draft on Calvin Johnson but instead they used all their picks and got almost all players that fit in great for them. Anderson will be starting in place of Kerney week one, Blalock may have been the best guard in the draft and helps Petrino beef up the line, Houston will be a great second banana to Hall and then they can move Jimmy Williams to free safety, I'm not counting on much from Laurent Robinson, but Stephen Nicholas and Martrez Milner are pretty solid picks too. This sucks. Was anyone else impressed with Carolina or New Orleans?

  • #2
    Carolina had one of the best drafts in the NFL. I think easily IMO had the best draft in the division

    Charles Johnson
    Jon Beason
    Dwayne Jarrett
    Ryan Kalil

    all of them are first round worthy. All of them will start at one point next season (except for maybe Jarrett, but he will play alot)

    I'd rather have THEIR draft than ours

    only picks I truly like with us is Adams, Tanard Jackson, and Peterson. Im having to grow to like the other picks. If I give us a C+, I give them a A-


    -sig by jkpigskin

    Comment


    • #3
      Yeah, I forgot who all Carolina drafted. I don't like Jarrett but the other 1st day picks are great. I was screaming for Charles Johnson all day and now we have to try to block him after we try to block Peppers.

      As for New Orleans, I thought the wide receiver pick in round one was bad as Colston, Henderson, and Copper look like a pretty good trio.

      Comment


      • #4
        New Orleans had a bad draft, got a great player in Meachem. But didnt adress their defense (which makes me happy). They needed impact at CB, DT, and LB and didnt get it IMO

        the Falcons had a good draft though....very good


        -sig by jkpigskin

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by -black View Post
          Carolina had one of the best drafts in the NFL. I think easily IMO had the best draft in the division

          Charles Johnson
          Jon Beason
          Dwayne Jarrett
          Ryan Kalil

          all of them are first round worthy. All of them will start at one point next season (except for maybe Jarrett, but he will play alot)

          I'd rather have THEIR draft than ours

          only picks I truly like with us is Adams, Tanard Jackson, and Peterson. Im having to grow to like the other picks. If I give us a C+, I give them a A-
          I think Carolina's draft was good....for them!

          We got our pass rusher, potentialy the best in the draft?

          Our coaching staff, are obviously more than happy with our depth and personnel at C. (Buenning, Lehr and Wade)

          Jarrett IMO wouldn't give us anything we haven't already got.
          Some might argue that we needed a WR, and I would agree....to a point!
          Ask yourself who you would sacrifice out of our current crop of picks, and then see who would have been available to us at the time, I wouldn't change Sears for either Rice or Smith, and IMO Black has more potential then any of the WR's picked in the #3rd.

          I love our draft.

          Comment


          • #6
            I think the NFC South as a whole had great drafts. I think we Buc fans are playing down how good our own draft was. USA Today and CBS Sportsline have all had us in their Top 4 drafts so from an outside perspective we are obviously doing something right.

            Comment


            • #7
              One of the things that really pissed me off about our draft was how we passed up on so many great players and our division rivals picked them all up. Carolina and Atlanta had tremendous drafts (minus L. Brown) and we can only blame ourselves in the future for passing up guys like Blalock, Kalil, Johnson, Jarrett & Houston.

              sig by BoneKrusher

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by etk View Post
                One of the things that really pissed me off about our draft was how we passed up on so many great players and our division rivals picked them all up. Carolina and Atlanta had tremendous drafts (minus L. Brown) and we can only blame ourselves in the future for passing up guys like Blalock, Kalil, Johnson, Jarrett & Houston.
                Regarding Blalock, i would personally rather have sears at LG. Kalil i agree we probably should have taken. And Houston just would not be a good fit for the cover 2 IMO

                Comment


                • #9
                  I still don't understand why you guys took Arron Sears over Justin Blalock. Evidently Atlanta tried desperately to trade up to #28 for him, and fortunately he fell to them.

                  That said; I like what Tampa Bay did. They grabbed a lot of nice 'scheme' fits. Some in the media call them "reaches," however those players grade higher on the Bucs' board. Besides, that defense needed a lot of work.

                  Overall I think both Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Carolina won this weekend. I think Atlanta and Tampa Bay were smart by not getting suckered into trading up for Calvin Johnson, at Detroit's asking price. (two 2nd round picks in '07, 2nd round pick in '08). And because of that, they both improved the youth, talent, and depth of their respective teams.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                    I still don't understand why you guys took Arron Sears over Justin Blalock. Evidently Atlanta tried desperately to trade up to #28 for him, and fortunately he fell to them.

                    That said; I like what Tampa Bay did. They grabbed a lot of nice 'scheme' fits. Some in the media call them "reaches," however those players grade higher on the Bucs' board. Besides, that defense needed a lot of work.

                    Overall I think both Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Carolina won this weekend. I think Atlanta and Tampa Bay were smart by not getting suckered into trading up for Calvin Johnson, at Detroit's asking price. (two 2nd round picks in '07, 2nd round pick in '08). And because of that, they both improved the youth, talent, and depth of their respective teams.
                    well they took Davin over Winston last year and "reached" for Trueblood in the second and he did good last season. I myself felt like the guard position rankings were 1) Grubbs, 2) Sears, 3) Blalock. I thought Blalock was getting hyped up alot. That being said I have faith in Sears because of how Tampa did last year drafting OL. So I'm happy with the pick.

                    Angels Record: 6-8

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Merlin View Post
                      I think Carolina's draft was good....for them!

                      We got our pass rusher, potentialy the best in the draft?

                      Our coaching staff, are obviously more than happy with our depth and personnel at C. (Buenning, Lehr and Wade)

                      Jarrett IMO wouldn't give us anything we haven't already got.
                      Some might argue that we needed a WR, and I would agree....to a point!
                      Ask yourself who you would sacrifice out of our current crop of picks, and then see who would have been available to us at the time, I wouldn't change Sears for either Rice or Smith, and IMO Black has more potential then any of the WR's picked in the #3rd.

                      I love our draft.
                      Carolina's draft would look good in Pewter

                      after brooks retired

                      ILB-Beason
                      WLB-June
                      SLB-Rudd

                      Gaines isnt going to start anyway so

                      LDE-Spires, C. Johnson

                      I dont think Jarrett would be a GREAT pick, but he would be a Keyshawn Johnson like prescence.

                      and finally Kalil would bolster our interrior on the OL.

                      Im optimistic about our draft picks, but the Panthers draft seems like at least half of those guys should be ours


                      -sig by jkpigskin

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Justin Blalock has everything you look for in a football player. His only real weakness was his quickness and ability to pull but he worked very hard in the offseason to to improve in that department and it showed at the combine. Sears, on the other hand, is loaded with question marks and weaknesses.

                        Just to recapl: Set a school record by starting 51 straight games. 4 year starter at RT and RG where he was a finalist for the Outland and Lombardi awards. Team captain and unanimous All-American. Punishing blocker with tenacity and nastiness on impact, especially on pulls. Technically sound with good knee bend as well as a thick frame. Terrific run blocker who comes out of his stance at a good level and maintains leverage well. Good balance, quickness and agility for his size. Uses his hands well in all facets of blocking. As far as testing goes, he's in a class of his own. He was a monster on the bench press, had a surprisingly good 40 time, and he aced the Wonderlic (best in class).

                        Blalock in a nutshell: Hard worker, leader, great character, strong, quick, smart and nasty.

                        Sorry guys, Arron Sears can't even hold his jock. Not even close.

                        He will be an absolute stud for years under Bobby Petrino in Atlanta, not only on the field but in the locker room as well.

                        sig by BoneKrusher

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                          And Houston just would not be a good fit for the cover 2 IMO
                          I agree that the Cover 2 is not the best fit for him, but he's a heck of a player regardless and would fit in any scheme. I was pointing him out because of his value in the early 2nd, but I would be concerned about his playmaking abilities in a Cover 2.

                          sig by BoneKrusher

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            No use crying over spilled milk now.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              im just mad they got beason cuz he's from the U it's gonna hurt me when caddy makes him look dumb

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information