Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin Gatlin Getting a Tryout!

http://buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=5781

I think this could be something really exciting too look out for in rookie camp. If the guy can play who wouldn't want his literal world class speed on the team.

I think he would really suffer because of the jam.

Kojak Sports Blog (my blog)
    I like only two teams, the Steelers, and whoever beats the Patriots.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeSixPac View Post
      I think he would really suffer because of the jam.
      He wouldn't play a down of offense, Jeez! He would be a kick returner exclusively. You think he can catch a football let alone evade the jam.

Anthony Wollschlager......w00t!

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

He is definitely a long-shot but if he can get too training camp he could be a dark horse to make the roster.

Comment

It's good to see Gatlin at least get a shot from the Buccaneers. You don't lose anything and it could (could) end up paying dividends for you guys in the future.

The good thing about Gatlin, other than his speed, is that being an Olympic track stud; you are going to get someone who can be in tip-top shape and probably will excel in work ethic.

If by some stretch, he makes the roster, it'll be fun to watch him but can he make cuts on the field or change direction without losing a step; ala Devin Hester?

Also, if he does succeed, think of the windows that can be opened. Some track runners start to decline in their latter-20s and can make an NFL roster if Gatlin can do this.
          Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

excuse me while i try to stay awake

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

He had a tryout with the Texans last yr and couldn't make their squad, he's just broke after getting banned from T&F

Comment

He has a .1% chance of making this team. I think Gruden is doing this to motivate our young WRs particulary Clayton and get them to think he is desperate at the WR position even though he isn't. just my 2 cents

Comment

He hasn't even been given a contract yet so obviously the Buccaneers want to see what he can offer. If they like what they see we could be in for a show come TC.

Comment

Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
                    It's good to see Gatlin at least get a shot from the Buccaneers. You don't lose anything and it could (could) end up paying dividends for you guys in the future.

The good thing about Gatlin, other than his speed, is that being an Olympic track stud; you are going to get someone who can be in tip-top shape and probably will excel in work ethic.

If by some stretch, he makes the roster, it'll be fun to watch him but can he make cuts on the field or change direction without losing a step; ala Devin Hester?

Also, if he does succeed, think of the windows that can be opened. Some track runners start to decline in their latter-20s and can make an NFL roster if Gatlin can do this.
                    Please don't ever associate Gatlin with Hester again Phillez. :D

Gatlin has more straight line speed, but he doesn't touch Devin's vision or cutting ability. I liken him to more of a Teddy Ginn type player, incredile straight line speed but not a lot of lateral quickness.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                      Please don't ever associate Gatlin with Hester again Phillez. :D

Gatlin has more straight line speed, but he doesn't touch Devin's vision or cutting ability. I liken him to more of a Teddy Ginn type player, incredile straight line speed but not a lot of lateral quickness.
                      LOL, I knew someone would mention that! :)

I think Gatlin probably has more straight line speed than anyone in the NFL (if he were to hypothetically make it) but I have not seen him run a juke, or even a cut in my life so that is his biggest obstacle.

And that whole "haven't played football in ages" thing.
                      Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
                        LOL, I knew someone would mention that! :)

I think Gatlin probably has more straight line speed than anyone in the NFL (if he were to hypothetically make it) but I have not seen him run a juke, or even a cut in my life so that is his biggest obstacle.

And that whole "haven't played football in ages" thing.
                        It wouldn't have been a Buc fan. We would love to have the next Devin Hester on our team. :)

Comment

Wasn't he representing your country when he was found to be a drug cheat?

Dwayne "drug cheat" Chambers is playing in the Europa league!

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin View Post

He might be a drug cheat, but boy can he run.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin View Post

Just win baby!

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information