Quincy Black reminds me of Cato June

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quincy Black reminds me of Cato June

Everything I hear, Black reminds me of June more than anyone else. I'm not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing. Great athlete, lacks toughness, bad tackler

June played S in college, Black played a hybrid MLB type. June is like 218 lbs, Black is 240, etc.

I don't see any comparison at all. Black is not as good as June is in coverage and Black is better in run support.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
      June played S in college, Black played a hybrid MLB type. June is like 218 lbs, Black is 240, etc.

I don't see any comparison at all. Black is not as good as June is in coverage and Black is better in run support.
      That's what kind of worries me. Linebackers who can fill the hole are a dime a dozen. The ones that can cover are the ones that get paid and those are the guys who become stars in this system. I really hope this isn't another Marquis Cooper.

Comment

Quincy Black is not as bad a coverage guy as he has been made out to be. Seeing as June was a safety in college, coverage skills are obviously going to be there but realistically, Black is not much worse when it comes to coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
          Quincy Black is not as bad a coverage guy as he has been made out to be. Seeing as June was a safety in college, coverage skills are obviously going to be there but realistically, Black is not much worse when it comes to coverage.
          Cato June is one of the best coverage linebackers in the league, Black isn't nearly on his level yet.....

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Cato June is one of the best coverage linebackers in the league, Black isn't nearly on his level yet.....
            Which I explained. Making the transition from safety to linebacker obviously gives him a slight advantage in coverage.

Comment

...Where do you see the comparison? Black is bigger and faster than June.

Comment

Which I explained. Making the transition from safety to linebacker obviously gives him a slight advantage in coverage.
                You just don't seem to get it....safety or no safety, June is a lot better than Black in coverage. June naturally flips his hips and has a quicker backpedal and closing burst to the ball. He also has much better hands and playmaking ability. The advantage is much greater than just "slight"....

Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
                ...Where do you see the comparison? Black is bigger and faster than June.
                Quincy Black is not faster than Cato June. I don't care what his 40 time is, June is definitely faster (not by much though).

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I love that name Black.....:)

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

I think Black will play the left side of our defense...I don't really see Heyward making the 53...Our LB corps should look like this...

ROLB: Brooks (Nece)
                    MLB: Ruud (Winborn, Cash)
                    LOLB: June (Black)

Comment

Originally posted by simms2clayton View Post
                      I think Black will play the left side of our defense...I don't really see Heyward making the 53...Our LB corps should look like this...

ROLB: Brooks (Nece)
                      MLB: Ruud (Winborn, Cash)
                      LOLB: June (Black)
                      Do u think he would at least make the practice squad? If not i will make a you a sig bet he does

Comment

You just don't seem to get it....safety or no safety, June is a lot better than Black in coverage. June naturally flips his hips and has a quicker backpedal and closing burst to the ball. He also has much better hands and playmaking ability. The advantage is much greater than just "slight"....

I'm pretty sure that is what I have been saying etk. Obviously June is going to be better in coverage than Black due to his history at the safety position which I agreed with.

Comment

Quincy Black is not faster than Cato June. I don't care what his 40 time is, June is definitely faster (not by much though).
                          Cato June ran a 4.59 at the 2003 combine but tore his hamstring during the sprint. So take what you want from that.

Either way both guys are fast for linebackers. Whether Black's timed speed translates will be crucial to his development.

Comment

I will refer back to what Gruden said, when he was asked to name the similarities between Piscitelli and Lynch,......he said "well....their both white but that's about it!"

I can only say the same about Quincy and Cato....their both Black!

I've yet to see Black play an NFL down yet, and while I think he has the physical ability, he has a hell of a lot to learn mentally concerning our LB positions and the Tampa 2 in general, he's playing a new position, and we're still all speculating where his final position will be?

IMO, Black has the potential to be much better than June, but right now that means squat!

Comment

Black has huge upside but he needs at least a year to sit behind Derrick Brooks, which is an ideal situation in itself, before he is even ready to start. I hate how the posters on the Buc's message board are already declaring he deserves to be a starter. Bunch of morons if you ask me.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information