Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your Bucs Mock for 2008 Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Post your Bucs Mock for 2008 Draft

    Here is mine and I think we will be pickign in the 17-20 range in round 1:

    1. Fred Davis TE Southern California
    I understand this would surprise a few of you to go TE but Alex Smith has never lived up to his potential. Davis could run in the 4.5s at the combine and I think with a weapon like him on offense we could really do some damage in the middle of the field.

    2. Chris Long DE Virginia
    He is a bigger DE that can rush the passer for us on the left side opposite Gaines. I think we need a much more talented LDE than we have had in past defenses.

    3. Dorien Bryant WR/KR Purdue
    Bryant would be a major addition to our offense and bring more athleticism to the return game.

    Thoughts? I wanted to a make a different mock that didn't have desean jackson or manningham as our round 1 pick.

  • #2
    Smith never(two seasons) lived up to his potential because we haven't had a decent passing game lately or a good line. So while Smith is in sometimes blocking, or getting subbed out for Becht to block, he hasn't been a real productive receiver. But who has? Galloway? Because he's a Pro Bowl type WR. I can't fault Smith for not putting up big numbers, and I can't say we should use such a high pick on a guy to replace him. He's got too much potential, and has played well with it sometimes. It'd be like taking a back in the 1st round, more harm than good. Avoiding patching our biggest holes to grab a talent who might not make us a better team.

    IMO, that pick has to be a need pick in round 1 or an unbelievable, shouldn't fall this far talent. Davis is neither. I understand you wanting to not go the usual route that everyone is going with QB/WR. But why not a DT or LT?

    I'd really like the Long pick though, in the unlikely scenario he makes it there.

    Haven't seen much of Bryant, but an athletic WR/returner fits what we should be looking for.

    Comment


    • #3
      I see making a mock now kind of pointless as we really don't know what is going to happen during the season.

      Comment


      • #4
        I see the Bucs having around the 14th pick.

        Round 1: I'd be looking hard at either quarterback or defensive tackle. Brohm would be ideal but he probably won't last thing long. I've yet to decide on Brennan. At DT Glenn Dorsey looks like a good option as does Frank Okam, DeMarrio Presley, and Sedrick Ellis.

        Round 2: I'd be looking at corner or strongside defensive end. (I doubt Chris Long would be available.)

        Round 3: I wouldn't be against drafting the best fullback in the class right here. Maybe another tight end but that would prevent Gruden from taking more in the sixth and seventh rounds as he's so fond of.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by StaticGator View Post
          I see the Bucs having around the 14th pick.

          Round 1: I'd be looking hard at either quarterback or defensive tackle. Brohm would be ideal but he probably won't last thing long. I've yet to decide on Brennan. At DT Glenn Dorsey looks like a good option as does Frank Okam, DeMarrio Presley, and Sedrick Ellis.

          Round 2: I'd be looking at corner or strongside defensive end. (I doubt Chris Long would be available.)

          Round 3: I wouldn't be against drafting the best fullback in the class right here. Maybe another tight end but that would prevent Gruden from taking more in the sixth and seventh rounds as he's so fond of.
          Eww, I really don't think touching a FB on Day 1 is the right thing to do for Tampa.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
            Eww, I really don't think touching a FB on Day 1 is the right thing to do for Tampa.
            Usually the top fullback comes off somehwere in the fourth. I'm just of the opinion 1.) the Bucs haven't had a real blocking fullback for as long as I've been watching and 2.) it's not the worst thing when you can use a third round pick on the best player at his position. But I suppose cornerback could be bumped down to round three and fullback moved to round four. I was mostly just trying to make a point how much the team needs a strong lead blocker.

            Comment


            • #7
              1. Brohm

              2 and 3..traded up to acquire Brohm

              4. Dorian Bryant (my God I would be thrilled if he fell to the 4th)

              5. Best Available DL

              6. Best avilable C

              7. BPA

              in the off-season sign a top DE or UT


              -sig by jkpigskin

              Comment


              • #8
                I'll make 2 separate mocks based on two different scenarios. One is more likely than the other...

                Garcia starts: Top 4 pick again

                1. Brian Brohm, QB
                2. Tyson Jackson, DE
                3. Keenan Burton, WR

                Simms starts: 12ish range

                1. Mario Urrutia or DeSean Jackson, WR. This pick hinges on the durability of Galloway/impact of Clayton.
                2. Kenny Iwebema, DE.
                3. Marcus Harrison, DT.

                sig by BoneKrusher

                Comment


                • #9
                  please dont say Urrutia....he's way overated. Is not a 1st rounder IMHO and not the type of WR we need anyone to replace Galloway. Wouldnt mind Desean though


                  -sig by jkpigskin

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by -black View Post
                    please dont say Urrutia....he's way overated. Is not a 1st rounder IMHO and not the type of WR we need anyone to replace Galloway. Wouldnt mind Desean though
                    Completely agree. A lot of 6' 5" receivers look good as underclassmen but once scouts figure out how slow and/or stiff they are, they drop. The Bucs definitely need a receiver on the quicker/shiftier side rather than yet another possession receiver.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by StaticGator View Post
                      Completely agree. A lot of 6' 5" receivers look good as underclassmen but once scouts figure out how slow and/or stiff they are, they drop. The Bucs definitely need a receiver on the quicker/shiftier side rather than yet another possession receiver.
                      Urrutia isn't my favourite but he's the kind of WR we like and I can see his stock increasing due to his size and combine numbers.

                      Originally posted by -black View Post
                      please dont say Urrutia....he's way overated. Is not a 1st rounder IMHO and not the type of WR we need anyone to replace Galloway. Wouldnt mind Desean though
                      I knew it would piss you off. Would you rather get Harry Douglas later on ;)?

                      sig by BoneKrusher

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        i'd have zero problem adding Harry Douglas to this team :)


                        -sig by jkpigskin

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Uggh, why does everyone want Brian Brohm?

                          Also, I think with a very productive running game with Caddy and a better OL that Bruce Gradkowski can be a perennial starter in Tampa.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by -black View Post
                            please dont say Urrutia....he's way overated. Is not a 1st rounder IMHO and not the type of WR we need anyone to replace Galloway. Wouldnt mind Desean though
                            Agreed Urrutia is not polished enough yet to be considered top 15.
                            "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by simms2clayton View Post
                              Uggh, why does everyone want Brian Brohm?
                              Its not that many of us want Brohm. Its the incoming coach that needs a franchise QB.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information