If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Yeah, I believe there were two separate shots, but they were from practically the same angle; Behind the receiver, so you could not clearly see if he caught it cleanly or used to the ground. But! After Chambers is rolling over, you can clearly see the ball being in contact with the ground. To me, it looked like the typical trap catch, but the Ref stated that there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call. Had the play been overturned, we would have won.
There's a Titans fan on TitansCentral that has a conspiracy theory against Carrollo, so that will be a fun read. No way in hizzell I'm going over there now. Those guys go crazy after a loss.
There was definitely only 1 shot. The only other thing they gave was a zoomed in version of the same angle. There was just no way it could be overturned, because you literally could see nothing. If it would have been called incomplete on the field, it would have stood after review also. It sucks major ass, and should never happen like that with all the camera's the have at an NFL football game with the top early game crew, but them's the breaks sometimes.
I dont understand with 2:34 or whatever it was left on third and four we throw the ball and stop the clock for the chargers when if we ran the ball and didnt get the first down they wouldve either had to burn their last timeout or let it run down to the two minute warning. bad playcalling + VY + no receivers = frustrating season.
we wont get to the superbowl, maybe not the playoffs, but we HAVE to have a good FA and draft, IMO we are one of the WORST teams for picking players and picking them up
I dont know who a lot of the FA's this year will be but if we can get asante samuel and a DT in FA, that would be excellent so we could use our high picks on offensive players that hopefully have some speed.
If everyone wins out or we lost one more game, we miss the Playoffs. But...
Originally posted by Sect309fan
Titans have 4 ways to reach the playoffs. They have to win out and have one of the following happen...
1. Browns lose to Bengals.
2. Jags lose to Raiders AND @Texans
3. Steelers lose @Rams and @Ravens
4. Steelers lose @Ravens and Titans win SOV (very possible).
Right now, the Steeler's victims had 53 wins and the Titans victims had 48 wins. The Titans still play an 11 win Indy team (assuming they win today) and a 3 win Jets team. The Steelers only win in this scenario would be over a 3 win Rams team, which gives us a 6 game edge at this time.
1. The Browns should be favored over Cincy, but thats a rivalry game. It should be close no matter what, especially Cincy still has the offense to move on a poor Cleveland DEF.
2. I think this is least likely to happen, but you never know. The Raiders gave Indy trouble, but Jax will be at home. Then, they're @Houston which is very loseable and Jax has always struggled with Houston. The Raiders game is the definition of "Trap Game," being after the big win @Pitt and before the division game @Houston. It could happen.
3. The Steelers have been struggling. They should handle the Rams, but SJax is rolling and Fred Taylor just ran over Pitt. Then they play Baltimore, a division rival. Not to mention, Brian Billick may be coaching for his job and the Ravens were embarrassed by the Steelers on MNF a few weeks back. Two teams with horrible records, but they're not gimme wins.
4. As I said, they could lose to the Ravens. If they do, we'll hold the harder schedule with a 12+ win team in Indy still left to play.
Last year, it looked near impossible to make the Playoffs, yet everything happened that needed to. This year we have a better chance. We don't control our own destiny, but we're not out of it by any means. Here is the rest of the thread on TitansCentral.