Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well looks like I won't be able to see the game this weekend since I have to ******* work on Sunday because my boss is going to the UT-UGA game for the weekend. Our FOX channel at the store is showing the f'ing Rams.

Comment

Well, I'm not exactly expecting this game to be one for the ages. But still, if there's a game, I wanna see it.

TiVo?
      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I like the Titans in this game as well.

About blitzing Harrington: I wonder how accurate Harrington would be if the Titans just rushed their four active defensive lineman, which won't be an easy task for the Falcons offensive line, and dropped a linebacker or two in coverage.

Did the Titans keep their safeties deep against the Saints? I can't recall.
        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

not only am i going to the UT vs. UGA game tomorrow, i also get to go to the titans vs. falcons game. this weekend is going to be the ****. tough break about the rams game pitbull.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo
            Did the Titans keep their safeties deep against the Saints? I can't recall.
            I believe so. Chris Hope only had 3 Total Tackles and Calvin Lowry had 4 TOT's. Hope is the SS, and he usually plays closer to the LOS. Last year, when our defense was bad, Hope was in on many plays due to the opponent getting into the secondary. This year, not so much since the D-line has been near dominant. This is Lowry's first year starting, but he's a great tackler and is at least better than LaMont Thompson in coverage.

I'd be very comfortable with blitzing, but its not usually something we do. A rattled Joey Harrington is very nice.
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

VY has looked TERRIBLE today, WHY don't he RUn the ball and we are trying to run the clock out, instead he thrwos it straight to a falcons player.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
              XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
              Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
              http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

What a freakin pathetic performance by Vince, the offense, and special teams. VY looked like a damn high school QB out there today. Special teams were god awful too.

Vince needs to get his head out of his ass and quit worrying about being a pocket passer all the time, cause that's not what he is right now. He needs to use his legs more...there are several times in every game when he could pick up a big chunk of yards by running and he tries to force a pass instead.

I still mantain that we need a dynamic running back. Hopefully it's Chris Henry.

I love our defense this year. They were the only good thing to come out of this game.

I guess if you wanna look on the positive side of things you can say that every year there are a few ugly ugly games. This was one of them, and at least we won. A win is a win to me, but we need to clean it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
                  What a freakin pathetic performance by Vince, the offense, and special teams. VY looked like a damn high school QB out there today. Special teams were god awful too.

Vince needs to get his head out of his ass and quit worrying about being a pocket passer all the time, cause that's not what he is right now. He needs to use his legs more...there are several times in every game when he could pick up a big chunk of yards by running and he tries to force a pass instead.

I still mantain that we need a dynamic running back. Hopefully it's Chris Henry.

I love our defense this year. They were the only good thing to come out of this game.

I guess if you wanna look on the positive side of things you can say that every year there are a few ugly ugly games. This was one of them, and at least we won. A win is a win to me, but we need to clean it up.
                  I love the defense today, they played good football, but yeah VY needs to get over the fact that people call him a runner over a QB, why does he take it so personal and tries to prove he can pass every down in the pocket, as you stated why not run the ball when you can pick up a first down or a TD(Aka the Jags game). VY has to start running the ball more, it will also open up the passing game for him, and yeah i would like to see what Henry can do.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                  XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                  Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                  http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

You end up seeing it after all, Pit Bull?

Young being on the field actually hurt us more than it helped. Young can have games like these, but in the end, he comes through. He did not in this one, and it was quite the opposite. He did everything to give the game away. The Boley INT wasn't a big deal to me, and I credit it more for Boley being a great player and making a great play. The other INT was horrible decision making, and he tried to make a play instead of being wise. The last INT was just a horrible throw. Vince Young is not a pocket passer, and is just not there yet when it comes to passing. He does not have the accuracy, and most of his INT's are because of that.

The RB's were mediocre. White fumbled, and it was returned for a TD. Brown had a TD. I concur with Pit Bull in that we still do not have the future at RB, but I doubt that it's Chris Henry. As for the WR's, they did well considering what opportunities they had. Moulds made a great catch. Brandon Jones dropped a TD pass. There's nothing else rememberable. Also, we need an upgrade at tightend. Bo Scaife isn't as good as we think. There was a Troupe sighting in the 2-minute drill at the end of the second, but it's not like he adds much. The O-Line played well, as usual.

The defense played absolutely amazing. Odom had two unexcusable neutral zone infraction penalties, one of which cost us an INT. KVB and Fat Al are monstrous. Finnegan held Roddy White down, and Fuller returned an INT for a TD. Hope would have had an INT, but as I said, Odom screwed it up. Harper was hitting hard, and I'm convinced that he's not a zone corner trying to play man-coverage. Lowry defended a pass that would have been a big play. Outstanding job by them.

Special teams was bad. We gave up two big returns to Norwood. Chris Davis muffed a punt, but did have a nice return on one. Bironas made his kicks, and Hentrich played well. Craig made a great play on that punt block. Ken Amato allowed the guy to get through untouched, and instead of kicking it and allowing the Falcons to possibly recover it, Hentrich kept it and fell. He kept what was already a bad play from turning into a back breaking one.

I honestly have no idea how we won. 5 turnovers, and we gave Atlanta EVERY chance to come back. They had sooooo many chances, and somehow didn't capitolize. At one point, I was convinced we were going to lose because everything that could go wrong was going wrong. I am currently dumbfounded...
                    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

just got back from the game and all i have to say is thank goodness for our defense. it was like our offense and special teams were trying to find any way they could to give the game away.

Comment

Everyone is writing off Henry far far too early. There's no way you can say he's not the answer before he gets his fair shot. I still think he's gonna surprise.

Btw, Roos is a magician. He just made another DE disappear for 60 minutes.

Comment

Chris Brown got beat out by a stoned Travis Henry last year. Chris Henry is having chances to play, but he's being declared inactive for every game. He's not outperforming anyone in practice. If we have to release Chris Brown this offseason in order for Henry to be able to be active on gameday, then that is a bad sign.

I'm not completely writing him off, but besides looking like Hercules, he hasn't given me any reason not to besides possibilities and potential.
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                            Chris Brown got beat out by a stoned Travis Henry last year. Chris Henry is having chances to play, but he's being declared inactive for every game. He's not outperforming anyone in practice. If we have to release Chris Brown this offseason in order for Henry to be able to be active on gameday, then that is a bad sign.

I'm not completely writing him off, but besides looking like Hercules, he hasn't given me any reason not to besides possibilities and potential.
                            Yeah and LaMont Thompson was starting over Lowry and Fuller last year. Sirmon started over Tulloch. Hill started over Finnegan. Piller began the season as the starter and was only benched because of injury.

Come on now. This is the Fish we're talkin about here. I love him as a coach but this is what he does. You know he's not gonna play Henry this year when we have vets on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
                              Yeah and LaMont Thompson was starting over Lowry and Fuller last year. Sirmon started over Tulloch. Hill started over Finnegan. Piller began the season as the starter and was only benched because of injury.

Come on now. This is the Fish we're talkin about here. I love him as a coach but this is what he does. You know he's not gonna play Henry this year when we have vets on the team.
                              chris henry is mint on madden so that should translate into being good irl

lol

but yeh i reckon he will be good

Comment

i REALLY want jonathan stewart, he reminds me of ronnie brown, but with better vision and better overall speed

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information