Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gameday Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • he has to be badass like AH was

    Comment


    • The Good:
      1. VY wasn't perfect. He threw a stupid interception (partly Britt's fault too), overthrew Hawkins on a key 4th down, and didn't give Britt a shot on that TD fade-route. Overall, however, VY had a solid game -- which is encouraging, considering that this was an "off-game" for him.

      2. The yards were tougher this week, but CJ still got his. No huge runs but consistent 4-7 yard runs. Nothing wrong with that.

      3. Cortland Finnegan was in beast-mode for most of the game and completely shut-down Reggie Wayne, except for that one reception towards the end.

      The Bad:
      1. Tony Brown. That was a really bone-headed play that allowed the Colts to get a FG right before the half. Brown plays with a lot of emotion, which is both a good thing and a bad thing. Today, it hurt us.

      2. Nick Harper. Ugh. He made Pierre Garcon look awesome. He simply cannot keep up with anyone with speed.

      3. D-Line. Our pass-rush wasn't very good today. Part of that is because Peyton makes decisions so quickly; however, you can't beat the Colts without putting pressure on him early and often.

      4. Special teams. Kaervishern (sp?) was TERRIBLE yet again and got creamed on one punt. Britt had one good return, but it's clear that he's not a natural returner -- too hesitant, I think, about finding a seam.

      5. Nate Washington. If I'm VY, I'm thinking twice about throwing it deep to Nate. He dropped that gorgeous pass against the Texans and did it again today. Needs to fix that problem sooner rather than later.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by MicktheGreat View Post
        The Bad:
        1. Tony Brown. That was a really bone-headed play that allowed the Colts to get a FG right before the half. Brown plays with a lot of emotion, which is both a good thing and a bad thing. Today, it hurt us.

        2. Nick Harper. Ugh. He made Pierre Garcon look awesome. He simply cannot keep up with anyone with speed.

        3. D-Line. Our pass-rush wasn't very good today. Part of that is because Peyton makes decisions so quickly; however, you can't beat the Colts without putting pressure on him early and often.

        4. Special teams. Kaervishern (sp?) was TERRIBLE yet again and got creamed on one punt. Britt had one good return, but it's clear that he's not a natural returner -- too hesitant, I think, about finding a seam.

        5. Nate Washington. If I'm VY, I'm thinking twice about throwing it deep to Nate. He dropped that gorgeous pass against the Texans and did it again today. Needs to fix that problem sooner rather than later.
        In response to your bad points:
        1. Very true, Tony has to realize that he can't do something like that and give up a free first down which wound up hurting us cause a comeback is much more legitimate if down a TD not 10 points after the onsides kick.
        2. Harper is done, not sure why Fisher wants to stick with his veteran as opposed to Hood who was just golden. Maybe there is some explanation but I don't understand it at the time.
        3. Thats just the Colts offensive line. They can do that even to the best defensive fronts in the game. Combine that with as quick a trigger as there is on a QB, and its almost impossible to put any pressure.
        4. Agreed, Carr should have been resigned but Karveshian got that fumble.
        5. The instant you start thinking twice about throwing to somebody is the moment you should remove that player from the equation. Granted, Washington isn't doing himself any favors with big drops 2 weeks in a row, but VY has to show Nate that he would still go to him when he needs to, cause you can't pass up a clear pass to Washington for a difficult pass to Britt or Cook. He keeps getting behind the secondary, he just needs to work on softening his hands.


        Originally posted by bearsfan_51
        Show me your Wang, if you will.

        Comment


        • I think there was a stat earlier in the season that said like 75% of CJ's yards came on something ridiculous like eleven carries. For him to get 27 carries and only have a long of 11, but still manage to get over 4 yards per carry is very encouraging. It's showing that if you play him to prevent the huge play he's capable of just taking the 4-5 yards.

          The more I see of Adrian Peterson, he seems to have fallen off. I wouldn't say Chris is better than him, but this season, he's better than him. I wanna see if the super explosive AD is back next season. If not, I'll put CJ #1. He's so ridiculous.

          And with VY, Mick is right on the money. For his worst start of the season, he didn't play bad at all. Not that you guys are gonna be in the running for a high pick anymore anyway, but he's showing he's matured a lot as a QB and he's your future and your present.

          Looking at your schedule, the only game I don't think you'll be favoured in is against SD. But you're at home, so hopefully you can beat them. If things fall in your favour you can still get into that second WC spot at 9-7.

          And I'm gonna change my mind on my "Broncos and Titans in the WC spots will make me happy" to "Chargers and Titans in the WC spots will make me VERY happy :D" So go out there and beat em!


          Originally posted by Scott Wright
          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
          Originally posted by njx9
          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

          Comment


          • Get well soon VY!!! :(

            KC played alright though. Good for him.
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

            [@TDWinstead]
            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

            Comment


            • Chris Johnson probably lost his shot at the rushing title with this "mediocre" rushing performance. lol
              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
              RIP themaninblack

              Comment


              • Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                Chris Johnson probably lost his shot at the rushing title with this "mediocre" rushing performance. lol

                Maybe not he will need 500 or a little more in 3 game...

                He could maybe

                Comment


                • I just want CJ to hit the 2,000-yards mark. Don't care if he doesn't break the record, but I want his name among the list of great RB's who've rushed for 2,000 yards. I also want him to finish the year with a 6+ YPC average, which decreased from this game.

                  If we somehow make the Playoffs by running the table and having all the chips fall in our favor, then CJ should be MVP. We'd be lost without him, and it's funny to watch him flow an entire defense toward him as he runs out into the flat. That's why we're so successful throwing over the middle. CJ makes the LB's and SS vacate it as he runs out of the backfield, and the TE or whoever can run in the middle for the catch. Plus, when VY's in there, they lose another man to spy on him.

                  As Kenny Britt evolves into a full blown #1 WR, which I now have zero doubt that he will, our offense will be sick. Plus, add in Jared Cook who's a total mismatch against anybody. There's just too many weapons. VY can burn ya. CJ will burn ya at some point. Britt and Cook are two huge, speedy guys. The sky's the limit.

                  Also, Britt can fly. Holy cow. His football speed doesn't match his 40-time. He's the only play on offense who can keep up with CJ, and it just so happens Britt is a great blocker. On one of his catches today, he caught the ball on a hook route, was strong enough to spin the CB off of him, and then just took off for a big gain. My jaw dropped.
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                  [@TDWinstead]
                  Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                  Comment


                  • COME ON JOHNSON YOU CAN GET 2000

                    I think he will make it, i mean come on he needs like 130 a game and im sure he can break an 80 yarder there somewhere...no1 remembers a 1900 yard rusher :(

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
                      COME ON JOHNSON YOU CAN GET 2000

                      I think he will make it, i mean come on he needs like 130 a game and im sure he can break an 80 yarder there somewhere...no1 remembers a 1900 yard rusher :(
                      Yeah but they do remember the all purpose yard leader. Which should be easy for him to get now.



                      Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                      I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

                      Comment


                      • I'm pretty happy, the Rams kept Chris Johnson in check for the most part. He didn't get his average.
                        | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
                          I'm pretty happy, the Rams kept Chris Johnson in check for the most part. He didn't get his average.
                          He had close to 200 yards from scrimmage, which is really good. You kept him 8 yards below his average. I don't think doing that is exactly a proud shining moment for the Rams, but I guess u take ur victories wherever you can get them.


                          Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                          Show me your Wang, if you will.

                          Comment


                          • VY is pwning so far!
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                            [@TDWinstead]
                            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                            Comment


                            • Vince "Steve" Young?


                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                              Originally posted by njx9
                              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

                              Comment


                              • sorry but play calling has been appauling second half our runs are so predictable

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information