Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i hope cook gets an expanded roll ive always been high on him he just looks so damn fast when gets the ball for his size, really uses his hands well too to catch

Comment

• When Paul Williams dropped that one pass, I yelled out, "AND THAT'S WHY YOU WERE ON THE PRACTICE SQUARD ALL LAST SEASON!!!" My dad started laughing.

I got a feeling Tully will be a machine this year. His role will increase even more since he'll be wearing the green dot on his head now that Bulluck's gone, but I think he'll also be absorbing most of the tackles now that's he gone as well. Not to mention the occasional MLB blitz that he gets sent on. But with the drafting of Rennie Curran and the signing of Will Witherspoon, I'm worried we'll let him walk and just let McRath take over the MLB spot (With Spoon and Curran on the outsides). I see McRath's best use as more of a young Bulluck role though.

Speaking of which, I'm really bummed McRath is gonna miss the first 4 games. I think he should start over Thornton, but hopefully he'll be back before Thornton inevitably gets banged up.

But yeah, top to bottom, the team looked great against the Cards. It'd be nice to keep Raheem Brock around as the 6th DE. Patrick Trahan looks like a good Special Teamer. Loving the epic 5th S battle between Nick Schommer/Myron Rolle/Robert Johnson. The Dominique Edison/Marc Mariani 6th WR battle is great (that battle's srs). Hope Alvin Pearman and Jamie Winborn don't have their hopes up.
      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• I kinda get the feeling they'll keep Mariani on the roster and try and hide Edison on the practice squad.
        I really doubt they keep 6 DE's. At 280 though, maybe they'll keep Brock as a pass-rushing DT. I haven't heard one thing about the 7th round DT we drafted.
        Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
        RIP themaninblack

Comment

• First one at titans training camp today. Whoo hoo
          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• i think mariani has earned his spot on the roster over edison, he looks like a keeper for special teams alone. not to mention he's done ok as a receiver

Comment

• I dunno. I see Mariani and Damian Williams as the same receiver, only with Williams having more upside. I was under the assumption that Williams would be handling the return duties this season and would slowly be worked into the WR rotation. I'm pretty sure Fisher doesn't like using roster spots on guys who will only be used as returners, and will only bring them on unless he has to. So to keep a spot for Mariani when Williams can do the exact same things doesn't make sense for me. Unless he's just that much better of a WR than Edison is, which I don't think he is but I'm a big Edison fan. Not that I don't like Mariani, because I do. I guess this is a good problem to have.

This is even if we keep 6 WR's. With Cook's receiving ability, and with hints on how he'll be used from the coaching staff, they could very well start the season with Britt, Gage, Washington, Hawkins, and Williams at WR. Then use the extra roster spot on a DL, DB, or another spot.

Speaking of DL, I'd like to have 6 DE's with how our DE rotation rotates. Not to mention, I've never been too excited about a DE rotation of Babin/Hayes/Ford/Ball/Morgan. Not until our post-Albert DT rotation proves it can be consistant. Not to mention, Brock can also play DT.

As for the 7th RD rookie David Howard, I read one day that Kuharsky wrote that he had been cut. Turns out he got him mixed up with Marcus Howard, the pass-rusher out of Georgia that the Colts drafted a few drafts ago (slow clap). So he's still on the team, but I don't think he makes the 53. May be PS fodder.
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Things I noticed from the last open practice today.......

- Rusty Smith looked sharp in a two minute drill.
                - Vince Young struggled some with his timing/out routes. A lot of those passes were late and behind the receiver. Those types of passes could be pick 6's come game time.
                - Runningbacks didn't do much.
                - Scaife nor Cook really stood out.
                - Back-up o-lineman didn't look good.
                - At receiver Britt had a case of the dropsies today. Washington looked really good. Mariani looked better than D.Williams returning kicks and punts. Lavelle Hawkins had some nice catches.
                - Didn't see much from the defensive lineman at all.
                - McRath had a nice leadership/intensity vibe coming from him.
                - Verner made some plays at corner but also got burned on a deep fly from Washington.
                - Mike Griffin had a very nice INT on a tip.

At the end of the practice they did the whole relay race and dizzy bats things with the rookies. That was pretty hilarious.
                RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                  - McRath had a nice leadership/intensity vibe coming from him.
                  i don't think there's any doubt mcrath is ready to start and play at a high level immediately. more than likely is out there from day 1 if not for the suspension. seeing him and tulloch step their games up gives me alot of confidence that the linebackers are gonna be ok, and i think even better as a whole than last year.

i want to see verner force the coaches to start him over mccourty after these last 2 preseason games. he needs to go out and make the coaches feel like they're making a mistake by not putting him on the field come week 1.

i also just realized the implications of kbull going to ny in regards to my username. god damnit.

Comment

• Greatest game ever.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                    I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

• Anyone else a little concerned about the offensive line's play so far this preseason? Our rushing average is bad and they've allowed quite a few sacks. Michael Roos has looked very pedestrian as well. Is it just a case of the offense being vanilla so as not to expose too much on film or should we be worried about a drop off?
                      RIP themaninblack

Comment

• they looked pretty pedestrian last offseason, too. not worried personally

Comment

• I'm not too worried either. Roos and Stewart have proven their consistency, and I don't expect a Jason Peters-esque sudden drop off for them. Jake Scott is still there, and I think Amano at C and Harris at LG will work out well. If anything is missed, it's Mawae's leadership and experience with the line calls and such.

But we gotta remember that VY will always take sacks. I think that's just the nature of the scrambling quarterback beast.
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Will the Titans/Saints game be aired tonight? Cause if not, I'ma watching MTSU play!
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Please win the division this year. I hate you less than the other AFC South teams.

Comment

• troy kropog is terrible

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information