X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alterraun Verner is a bad, bad man.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• gerald mcrath is good...good

Comment

• How'd we look tonight guys? I was at the MTSU game.
        Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
        RIP themaninblack

Comment

• well for one, kenny britt had an awful game. his offseason was worrisome, and got off to a slow start in training camp, and now has had a pretty poor preseason as well. it's a horrible start to the year for him, he just hasn't proven dependable this year. he had a few drops tonight that hit him directly in the hands and to top it off he got a false start penalty not long afterwards.

jason jones was a bull as usual. morgan only got a few snaps that i saw, didn't notice too much from him like last game. verner looked excellent again. i like our linebackers once we get mcrath and tully on the field at the same time.

javon ringer played very well also

Comment

• Cortland Finnegan played on the opposite side of the field too, which was different. I mean he played well, but I'm not sure why the switch was made. Maybe for McCourty's benefit?
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• it's a change they made prior to camp. get him used to playing both sides of the field so he can matchup with certain wideouts exclusively. left side (offense's right) generally gets more action with most QB's being right handed, so theoretically he'll be seeing more passes his way. you also want a good run support corner out there since he'll normally be lined up on the strong side of the field, over the flanker, and have more responsibilities in run fits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
                it's a change they made prior to camp. get him used to playing both sides of the field so he can matchup with certain wideouts exclusively. left side (offense's right) generally gets more action with most QB's being right handed, so theoretically he'll be seeing more passes his way. you also want a good run support corner out there since he'll normally be lined up on the strong side of the field, over the flanker, and have more responsibilities in run fits.
                Certainly explains why it was Nick Harper's side.

I like the switch, and it looked like Finny more than held his own. His battle with Meachem was pretty good (yay Meachem!), even if Ramsey was locking onto him every pass attempt. No matter, Finny needs to be locked onto the opposing team's #1 as often as possible this season.

I'm liking our secondary this season. Ya'll know I love Hope, and I think Griffin can rebound from a bad season. I certainly like the CB's more than last season, and even though the starters are relatively the same aside from losing Harper (which is a positive coverage-wise), the depth is much improved. And I know this is something we all talked about before the '08 season when we went 13-3 and had Finny, Harper, Fuller, Eric King, and Chris Carr, but even though the starting talent hasn't improved that much, having superior depth is major and vital to success. Having that gives me a lot more confidence this season.
                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Just a few thoughts-

> Jason Jones is probably my favorite Titan of All-time except maybe Frank Wycheck and Blaine Bishop. I really hope he is healthy this season because if he is, I think he is the best pass rushing DT in the NFL.

> Javon Ringer doesn't get enough love, he has literally had a great play in every game he has gotten reps in.

>Hopefully Jeff Fisher calling out Kenny Britt gets him back into line. I really don't want to see another Troupe.

> ATV is the sex.

> Rusty Smith is miles better than Chris Simms IMO.

> Blount should make the team over Gado on potential alone.

> Marc Mariani is just a manimal.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                  I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

• Here are the cuts (so far)...

QB Chris Simms
                    RB Samkon Gado
                    RB Alvin Pearman
                    FB Jed Collins
                    WR Dominique Edison
                    WR Paul Williams
                    TE Sean Ryan
                    TE Steve Pfahler
                    OT Michael Toudoze
                    OG Ryan Durand
                    OL Kevin Matthews
                    OL Nevin McCaskill
                    OL Nick Howell
                    DE Eric Bakhtiari
                    DE Raheem Brock
                    DE Chris Harrington
                    DT David Howard
                    DT Joe Joseph
                    LB Patrick Trahan
                    CB Tye Hill
                    S Myron Rolle

Some initial thoughts:
                    --Glad to see Simms cut. Collins was clearly better than him and I'd rather go with Rusty Smith's potential over Simms.

--The Gado cut isn't exactly a surprise, but he did play well this preseason. If he doesn't get signed somewhere else, I wouldn't be shocked to see him back at some point this season if one of our other RBs get injured.

--Dominique Edison cut = mild surprise.

--Paul Williams cut = FINALLY!

--I figured either Eric Bakhtiari or Raheem Brock would make the team.

--Surprised by Tye Hill's cut. He isn't anything more than a decent depth guy, but I thought we'd keep him around because we had soooo many injuries at CB last season. Hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the a$$.

--Bummed to see Myron Rolle cut because he's an admirable guy. But he didn't do enough to earn his spot. Hope Robert Johnson makes the team. Otherwise, we've got yet another year of Nickey.
                    Last edited by MicktheGreat; 09-04-2010, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• Tye Hill is the only one that somewhat surprises me of those cuts. I've entertained the thought of him being cut this past week just because he's pretty much done nothing this offseason.
                      RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Also...apparently there's a rumor circulating that the Titans are trying to acquire Raiders' LB Thomas Howard -- possibly via trade, though there's also the possibility that the Raiders could cut him.

Personally, I'd love to see Howard come to TN. Even though he's undersized, he's athletic, a sure tackler, and very good in pass coverage.

A starting LB trio of Howard/Tulloch/McRath (post-suspension) is VERY interesting, I think. Plus, that would give the Titans some flexibility on how to handle the David Thornton situation.

Comment

• I'd love to see that as well.
                          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• blount was released per wyatt's twitter and we will try to add him to the practice squad.

jwyattsports
                            #Titans have released running back LeGarrette Blount about 1 hour ago via web
                            jwyattsports
                            #Titans complete practice squad: Hall Davis, WR Dominique Edison, CB Pete Ittersagen, C Kevin Matthews, S Myron Rolle and LB Pat Trahan. about 1 hour ago via web
                            room for 2 more on the ps.

Comment

• So Johnson and Ringer are our only two runningbacks on the active roster?
                              RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                                So Johnson and Ringer are our only two runningbacks on the active roster?
                                Yup...waived him and Keglar to make room for two ST's LB's.
                                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information