1. LB David Thornton

SUSPENSION:
    1. LB Gerald McRath

IR:
    1. RB Stafon Johnson
    2. DL Marcus Howard
    3. CB Rod Hood

Thoughts.....
    1. I really don't like us only keeping 2 RBs on active roster. With the Titans running the ball as much as they do, there's a real chance of injury at the position. Also, based on previous injury histories, I think it's a bad idea to only keep 4 DTs and 4 CBs. Very risky. Could definitely come back to bite us in the a$$.
    2. Too many LBs on roster. I know the team is a bit short-handed because of Thornton's injury and McRath's suspension; but most of these LBs are really only special teams contributors. I would've rather had us cut David Thornton and trade for Thomas Howard (who we were rumored to be interested in acquiring). Then we could've saved one of those LB spots and used it for a more important depth position like RB or DT.
    3. I also don't like us keeping that many backup OL -- especially because none of them have stepped up and demonstrated that they're capable of starting for any significant amount of time. Again, I'd rather have kept 3 backups (instead of 4 backups) and used that extra spot for another position.
    4. I really like our practice squad additions. They're all guys with potential who have a chance to make the team next year, I think. I'm pretty sure that we'll be adding a RB to the squad sometime soon as well.

Comment

• You pretty much summed up my thoughts Mick. However, I don't see the point of keeping 6 safeties on the active roster and then using a practice squad spot on one as well.

I still don't understand us keeping David Thornton as well. Why keep him if he can't help you the first 4 weeks when we would need him the most due to McRath's suspension? Doesn't make sense.
      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
      RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
        You pretty much summed up my thoughts Mick. However, I don't see the point of keeping 6 safeties on the active roster and then using a practice squad spot on one as well.

I still don't understand us keeping David Thornton as well. Why keep him if he can't help you the first 4 weeks when we would need him the most due to McRath's suspension? Doesn't make sense.
        The safety situation is definitely a bit weird. Maybe they're planning to make Vincent Fuller a full-time CB. That would make some sense, I guess. Fuller plays nickel CB anyway and has done a pretty good job in that role (and that would also explain why we only kept 4 official CBs).

And yeah...the Thornton situation doesn't make any sense to me. At this point, is he anything more than a backup LB when he gets healthy? It seems that Witherspoon, Tulloch, & McRath are clearly the starters as of right now. So why keep Thornton around (and pay him starter's money) when that spot could be used for another position or a healthy LB???

Comment

• The Bucs scooped up RB LaGarrette Blount off of waivers.

Apparently, the Titans wanted to bring Blount back on the practice squad and tried to sneak him through waivers. Of course, it blew up in our face and we lost a decent player with potential at a position of need (RB depth).

I don't have any doubt that we'll add a RB to the practice squad sometime soon and/or add a RB to active roster sometime in the next few weeks. Maybe we bring Samkon Gado back? Or bring in someone like Joique Bell, Kolby Smith, etc.?

Comment

• I was bummed about losing Blount too. But we'll pick up a RB when we have to. No one's getting carries besides CJ and Ringer, so why carry a 3rd RB unless if he's just going to be inactive every Sunday? I wanted to hoarde LGB as much as the next guy, but the Bucs are rebuilding. There's a chance they cut him eventually to make room for someone else. We'll see though. Dropping him for a ST's LB (especially when you're dropping Keglar for a ST's LB as well) was insane to me. I do think we signed a RB to the PS, but his name escapes me.

Fuller is a CB/S, but if you had to define him, he'd be a CB. So we've got 5 CB's, which is still not a lot considering the injuries last year. Griff can play CB is worse comes to worst, and Rob Johnson can play FS. Can anyone explain to me how the hell Nick ******* Schommer survived? Figured Nickey and Johnson would've made him obsolete on ST's and field depth. Maybe he's the new Kevin Kaesviharn...ugh...

They're obviously worred about LB. With Thornton on PUP and McRath suspended, they're short on two starters. That kind've loss extends all the way down to ST's. Witherspoon also just lost his mother, who died unexpectedly, so he may be shaken up mentally. So Now Colin Allred has to see starters snaps and is gone from ST's. Curran is small and inexperienced, so he may not be an ace. Jamie Winborn sucks ass, but he may be next to step on the field due to his experience, unfortunately. So that's why we signed two ST's LB's, and Shaw and Bailey are supposed to be studs in that regard. When McRath and (if) Thornton come back, we'll probably see cuts from this group. I bet Shaw or Bailey could stay though, if they show enough on ST's.

I think we've seen the last of Keglar. He was way too stiff out there, not fluid enough for OLB in our scheme, and wasn't good enough on ST's to warrant holding onto him. Hopefully he lands on elsewhere.

I'm ecstatic about our PS as well, especially Hall Davis. The Titans were big on this guy during the draft and even brought him in for a private workout, and there's no doubt they would've drafted him had St. Louis not used their 5th RD pick on him. He probably didn't stick to their roster because he's pretty raw, and they need immediate help so they traded him to the Redskins (which is an issue of controversy), but he was cut by them. He chose to join the PS here instead of either of those teams. He's 6'4, probably somewhere between 240-270, and very athletic. One year on our PS and working with Wash, and he could make the roster next year. This makes up for losing Blount, in my opinion. Not to mention, I've always been a huge Edison fan. I like Trahan a lot and think he's a helluva special teamer. Matthews is the son of a Titans/Oilers legend, and Rolle could probably benefit the most from a year of PS training. Excellent job here.
            Last edited by TitanHope; 09-10-2010, 05:19 PM.
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Titans better win big tomorrow cause the Vols are really bumming me out.
              RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Must...suppress...urge to...murder...everything...
                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Gotta say, why the **** aren't we running out of a tradition I, when they are clearly stacking the box, bad bad play calling.

Comment

• Damn these cheerleaders can actually sing.
                    RIP themaninblack

Comment

• I over slept and am only catching the 4th QTR, but from the score and the stats in the box score, I can't complain!
                      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Nextttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Comment

• Well a win is a win, but gotta love seeing the D-line make as big an impact as they did, CJ doing his thing and VY being able to move the team with his arm and legs

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                          Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• One thing I didn't understand about today's game was Fisher insisting on continuing to give Chris Johnson carries in the 4th when the game was well out of hand. Seemed like the perfect time to bring in Ringer and not overuse Johnson or risk injury.
                            RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Yeah, Ringer needs the garbage time carries. Not that CJ minds it. He wants all the yards he can get.

So what are ya'lls thought on the game? I missed most of it, so I don't really know how everyone looked. Aside from Hope's epic INT (WHICH WAS TOTALLY A TD!!!!). Did Griffin look like he's better than last year? It looked like McCourty was rock solid. I saw Derrick Morgan had a sack, but other than that, how'd he look? Where was Kenny Britt?
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Chris Hope would've really boosted my SWDC Fantasy score if that had been a TD.

Kenny Britt, Justin Gage and Jared Cook were all nonexistent in the passing game which is my only real worry stemming from today's game.

I was impressed with the pass rush for the most part.

Our defense is only gonna get better as the season goes on and guys like McCourty and Derrick Morgan get their feet under them some more and we get McRath back.

Special teams looked rock solid.

Michael Griffin had a good game. Had a couple of nice pass breakups. One that may have saved a touchdown. Hopefully he's back to 08 form.
                                RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information