Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gameday Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    I know Fisher is overly loyal, but it didn't stop him from benching Brown last year in favor for Henry, who had served a suspension for marijuana, and White, a rookie. Plus, Brown was resigned last minute. It's not like this group of guys have been starters for the past 3 years. We have a 2nd year guy, a last minute option who was benched all last year, and a rookie. You'd think that out of that group, the guys who give us the best chance to win will be playing.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

    [@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

    Comment


    • #47
      Hey stephenson...you happen to have that Haynesworth sig that you made me last year saved? Just wondering

      Comment


      • #48
        Anyway, onto the Tampa Bay game. What are ya'lls thoughts?

        One thing is for certain, if Vince plays like he did against the Falcons, we lose. But I expect him to have learned from those mistakes, and I think he'll come back strong. Not to mention, his ole buddy Cato June will be trying to contain him, which will help a lot. I just think we're the better team all around.

        My Key Matchups:

        Kyle Vanden Bosch vs Anthony Davis: KVB has been great this year. Like Albert Haynesworth, he's on pace for over 100 tackles and 40 QB pressures. Luke Petitgout went down for the season earlier this year, so his backup will be playing for him. I'm anxious see see how the left side of the line does in handling Bosch Vader and Big Al. Because so far, no one can.

        Vince Young vs Bucs' LBs: I think Vince was exposed last week by Michael Boley. This week it doesn't get much easier. I'm not worried by June, but Barrett Ruud is quietly becoming a force at MLB and Derrick Brooks, the ageless wonder, is always tough. I know Vince will have time to throw, but when he gets out of the pocket, I hope he maintains his cool unlike last week. Chow should prepare him for them.

        Titans WR's vs Bucs Secondary: Don't look now, but Tampa Bay has a solid secondary. Lead by Pro Bowler Ronde Barber, they rank 9th against the pass (The Titans rank 10th, by the way). Two good cover corners and two safeties who can lay the wood. I'm not too worried since we've faced great secondaries this year, but with the way or WR's are playing, it's not a matchup we win on paper. But then again, we don't usually win any matchups on paper.

        Albert Haynesworth vs All: I'll say it here and now, through 5 games this season, Haynesworth has been the best DT in the NFL. Expect him to eat TB's young OL alive.


        This should be a low scoring matchup. Two great defenses and two mediocre offenses. Though, the Titans' defensive is better statisitcally in every area, aside Pass Def., than Tampa Bay's. I'm expecting many field goals. I don't expect turnovers from Jeff Garcia, and few big plays. TB's Top 2 RB's are hurt, and all they have is Earnest Graham and now Zach Crockett, who they just signed. Our Front 7 will make them one dimentional.

        I'm giving the edge to Tennessee, since we have the better defense and rushing attack. We win a close one. Titans 19, Bucs 13.
        Last edited by TitanHope; 10-10-2007, 03:30 AM.
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

        [@TDWinstead]
        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
          Anyway, onto the Tampa Bay game. What are ya'lls thoughts?

          One thing is for certain, if Vince plays like he did against the Falcons, we lose. But I expect him to have learned from those mistakes, and I think he'll come back strong. Not to mention, his ole buddy Cato June will be trying to contain him, which will help a lot. I just think we're the better team all around.

          My Key Matchups:

          Kyle Vanden Bosch vs Anthony Davis: KVB has been great this year. Like Albert Haynesworth, he's on pace for over 100 tackles and 40 QB pressures. Luke Petitgout went down for the season earlier this year, so his backup will be playing for him. I'm anxious see see how the left side of the line does in handling Bosch Vader and Big Al. Because so far, no one can.

          Vince Young vs Bucs' LBs: I think Vince was exposed last week by Michael Boley. This week it doesn't get much easier. I'm not worried by June, but Barrett Ruud is quietly becoming a force at MLB and Derrick Brooks, the ageless wonder, is always tough. I know Vince will have time to throw, but when he gets out of the pocket, I hope he maintains his cool unlike last week. Chow should prepare him for them.

          Titans WR's vs Bucs Secondary: Don't look now, but Tampa Bay has a solid secondary. Lead by Pro Bowler Ronde Barber, they rank 9th against the pass (The Titans rank 10th, by the way). Two good cover corners and two safeties who can lay the wood. I'm not too worried since we've faced great secondaries this year, but with the way or WR's are playing, it's not a matchup we win on paper. But then again, we don't usually win any matchups on paper.

          Albert Haynesworth vs All: I'll say it here and now, through 5 games this season, Haynesworth has been the best DT in the NFL. Expect him to eat TB's young OL alive.


          This should be a low scoring matchup. Two great defenses and two mediocre offenses. Though, the Titans' defensive is better statisitcally in every area, aside Pass Def., than Tampa Bay's. I'm expecting many field goals. I don't expect turnovers from Jeff Garcia, and few big plays. TB's Top 2 RB's are hurt, and all they have is Earnest Graham and now Zach Crockett, who they just signed. Our Front 7 will make them one dimentional.

          I'm giving the edge to Tennessee, since we have the better defense and rushing attack. We win a close one. Titans 19, Bucs 13.
          Just thought I'd point out that Donald Penn, not Anthony Davis will be starting at LT this week barring any unusual circumstances.

          I also agree that Haynesworth has been a monster this year but I don't think he will eat our young O-Line alive. He may however push John Wade around. Our guards are quietly becoming a force but John Wade can at times be a liability.

          Comment


          • #50
            If Haynesworth keeps playing like he has been playing, then the Bucs are going to have a constant problem on their hands. However, their excellent signing of Jeff Garcia this offseason may help alleviate that, if Garcia can move out of the pocket and accurately deliver the ball for positive gains.
            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by 24cadillac24
              Just thought I'd point out that Donald Penn, not Anthony Davis will be starting at LT this week barring any unusual circumstances.

              I also agree that Haynesworth has been a monster this year but I don't think he will eat our young O-Line alive. He may however push John Wade around. Our guards are quietly becoming a force but John Wade can at times be a liability.
              My bad. Davis was listed on Yahoo as the starter at LT for ya'll. That's what I get for looking to Yahoo for my NFL info. ;)

              Why do you have young italicized? You have Trueblood and Joseph, who are in their second years, and Sears, who is a rookie. Penn is the same age as Trueblood and Joseph, so I'll assume he's in his second year too. Wade is the oldest by far, but apparently is the weaklink. Not that it's a big deal.

              I like the Tampa Bay offensive line, but Penn, a backup, Sears, a rookie, and Wade, a liability, will have to contain Kyle Vanden Bosch and Albert Haynesworth. You think they will be able to?
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

              [@TDWinstead]
              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                My bad. Davis was listed on Yahoo as the starter at LT for ya'll. That's what I get for looking to Yahoo for my NFL info. ;)

                Why do you have young italicized? You have Trueblood and Joseph, who are in their second years, and Sears, who is a rookie. Penn is the same age as Trueblood and Joseph, so I'll assume he's in his second year too. Wade is the oldest by far, but apparently is the weaklink. Not that it's a big deal.

                I like the Tampa Bay offensive line, but Penn, a backup, Sears, a rookie, and Wade, a liability, will have to contain Kyle Vanden Bosch and Albert Haynesworth. You think they will be able to?
                I italicized the young because although they are young, they do not play that way. I think Sears can more than hold his own in the NFL and yes I think he will be able to help contain KVB. The main problem will be Wade containing Haynesworth. Tampa has had very little trouble containing outside rushers this year eg Peppers, Smith, Grant, Kerney, Little, Mathis, Freeney etc although a lot of that has to do with Garcia eluding lineman in the backfield. As long as Garcia keeps his feet moving, the Titans won't get more than 2 sacks on the game.

                Comment


                • #53
                  The Titans only had 2 sacks against the Falcons, 0 against the Saints, 2 against the Colts, and 2 against the Jags. Haynesworth only has one sack the entire season. It's not necessarily that they sack the QB, its the numerous times they pressure him and hit him. Garcia will be moving...a lot.

                  And for the record, I hope Haynesworth doesn't eat Arron Sears.
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                  [@TDWinstead]
                  Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                    The Titans only had 2 sacks against the Falcons, 0 against the Saints, 2 against the Colts, and 2 against the Jags. Haynesworth only has one sack the entire season. It's not necessarily that they sack the QB, its the numerous times they pressure him and hit him. Garcia will be moving...a lot.

                    And for the record, I hope Haynesworth doesn't eat Arron Sears.
                    Garcia moves a lot in every game so I don't expect that to be a major issue. He has been pressured numerous times and has still only been rarely sacked. Garcia is one of the toughest QB's on the league and one of the few who doesn't slide when he runs the ball. He is one tough of the toughest players going around.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
                      Hey stephenson...you happen to have that Haynesworth sig that you made me last year saved? Just wondering
                      i will look for u

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        i dont but do u want me to make u one?

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Sure if you want to. No rush

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            will have it later...itll be like my J stew

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              It's Saturday, and so far only me and the Bucs Team Leader have discussed the game... :P Cha'mon guys!
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                              [@TDWinstead]
                              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                ok here goes nothing
                                heres my basic view
                                tennessees defence will ***** the bucs offence because of the lack of a run game we will be able to focus on the pass more, therefore bucs wont score much
                                tennessees offence will be able to work long drives and pick up points
                                tennessee win and big al becomes even more of a god

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information