Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good so far. Chris Henry has touched the ball 4 times behind the line of scrimmage and has gotten 20 yards out of it. I love what I'm seeing from him. His acceleration adds another aspect to this offense that Brown and White can't.

Griffin also has 3 tackles solely from playing on special teams. :)
    Last edited by TitanHope; 10-21-2007, 01:30 PM.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Some half-time thoughts from the Titans-Texans game:

OFFENSE:
      Collins has looked sharp so far today. Aside from the fumble (which wasn't really his fault), he hasn't shown the poor decision-making that he showed in limited time against the Bucs. A lot of Collins' success so far is because our OL is playing really, really well with keeping the Texans' young, talented DL at bay. Lendale White continues to be master of the 3-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust running style (but Fisher & Co. seem content with that). Chris Henry finally got some playing time and looked good catching the ball out of the backfield (which is what Titans' staff have been saying for some time) -- he had one great reception where he sped up, kinda spun, and fell backwards for the first-down. Justin Gage has already shown more consistency in the past couple of games than he showed in all his time with the Bears (he's looking like a real solid FA acquisition at this point). Roydell Williams continues to show the potential to be a big-play WR and a good #2 WR in the NFL (now all he needs is a STUD WR opposite him to take some of the pressure). Bo Scaife re-appeared this week and Collins is definitely looking to get him the ball -- his fumble was a classic example of trying to do too much on a play.

DEFENSE:
      Our defense OWNS Sage Rosenfels -- in just a few plays, we picked off one of his passes and caused a fumble. Of course, Rosenfels is only in the game because the defense is putting Schaub under a TON of pressure. Cortland Finnegan continues to be a good blitzer off of the corner; and Nick Harper has played really well. Our LBs & Safeties have completely shut-out Texans' TE Owen Daniels (whom I thought was our biggest threat in this game). Just like all season, KVB & Haynesworth have been causing a lot of problems for the Texans' OL -- but Haynesworth has somehow got to learn to play with some (marginal) manner of control because if he keeps racking up personal fouls, he's going to get suspended (and we need him in the games to win the games). As great as our defense has been this year, I think this is the most dominant performance by them that I've seen so far...very impressive.

SPECIAL TEAMS:
      Michael Griffin has looked PHENOMENAL so far (receiving and in-coverage). It seems like he's in on every single special teams play. I only wish that he got more PT in the secondary. As far as punt returns go, Chris Davis isn't quite on Pacman Jones level, but he's pretty darn good. Rob Bironas has earned his paycheck this week.
      Last edited by MicktheGreat; 10-21-2007, 01:49 PM.

Comment

TD Chris Henry. Hells yes

Comment

We're up by 25, and in true Jim Shwartz fashion, we give them a window back in. Awesome...
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Why are there LINEBACKERS trying to receive an onside kick?!?!
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Holy Crap!!!
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Great day for the rookies:

Griffin:

5 solo tackles on special teams. He was a ST monster today.

Henry:

11 runs for 57 yards, 5.2 YPCarry, Long of 24, and a TD.
                2 rec for 12 yards, 6 YPCatch, Long of 12
                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                  Great day for the rookies:

Griffin:

5 solo tackles on special teams. He was a ST monster today.

Henry:

11 runs for 57 yards, 5.2 YPCarry, Long of 24, and a TD.
                  2 rec for 12 yards, 6 YPCatch, Long of 12
                  I guess we have to give credit where credit is due. You guys destroyed us for 3 quarters even without VY in under center.

Comment

Henry back down. Brown back up. Unfortunately.

Son of a *****, Fisher is bullheaded

Comment

Damn...well, at least we had a glimpse of what he can do. And against a solid front 7 too. It's just a matter of time until Brown breaks his pinky and is out for 5 weeks.
                      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

In my opinion this is the worst week to deactivate Henry. Raiders are allowing like 5.2 YPC. I'm sure LenDale will do his damndest to ensure they allow about 3.5 this week.

Maybe Brown can be the one to break off some long runs but he's so goddamn streaky and inconsistent it makes me wanna kick somebody. All he has to do is chip a toenail and he automatically goes into "running in quicksand" mode.

But yeah, I guess Chris Henry is a rookie and can't be trusted and still has to earn his time. Whatever the **** that means. I think it's pretty clear that our offense needs someone that can be a threat to take it to the house at any time. But all we wanna do is take the air out of the ball, stall at the 15 and let Bironas set records. Screw the endzone.

Comment

Is he going to be inactive?
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I'd think so because we always go with 2 active RB's and a FB. I think they are keeping Ganther active for FB/ emergency RB.

Comment

Read the Tennessean, looks like Griffin is gonna get some playing time on defense this Sunday. Fish won't say where he's putting him though. My bet is at FS.

Comment

Ganther plays FB? I thought he was a scat-back type when we drafted him. Besides, we have Hartsock and Cramer. I thought at least one of them could play FB.

Griffin getting any playing time at any position is great news to hear.
                                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information