Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i love mike griffin, i love chris henry, been 100% behind these picks since they were made, gutted the fish is a dick

Comment

Reinfeldt said on the radio that Griffin has basically forced them to play him with how much he has excelled on special teams and in practice.

Now the question is gonna be where does he get his work at?

Comment

Originally posted by stephenson86
        ...i love chris henry, been 100% behind these picks since they were made...
        Says the man with a Jonathan Stewart signature... ;)

It's great to hear about Griffin doing well. He'll probably be put in for nickelback, which is fine. Special teams and practice are one thing and real game speed is another. I'd prefer for him to get worked in slowly by playing nickelback.

Also, there are rumors about the Titans looking into Grady Jackson after Cory Simon's retirement. He seems to be the top DT available, and we only have 3 DT's currently.
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Not sure who else is available at DT, but I bet if Grady doesn't sign with us that we'll bring back Mahelona. Which isn't necessarily a good thing since he never did much.

Comment

Yeah. I like Jesse since's he's a Vol Alumni, but he couldn't even make it on the worst team in the NFL's practice squad. Jackson is my preferred option, but we need someone else. Do we have any DT's on the practice squad? Sucks that Antonio Johnson is out...
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I'll post my 2nd Half thoughts later. I didn't see the 1st Half, so can somebody fill me in?
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

My notes from today's game vs. Raiders...

1. VY's passing woes continued today, as he had a phenomenally low 42 total passing yards. I'm all about the Titans winning regardless of stats; however, VY looks really hesitant right now. There were a couple of times where he should've run and he didn't. There were also a couple of mis-snaps between he and Mawae. Our offense isn't looking very good right now and, as much as I love VY, he absolutely has to take some of the blame for our recent low-scoring output.

2. Lendale had a couple of nice long runs -- making that two weeks in a row where he's done that. In fact, if I'm remembering correctly, he had another 25-yd. run that was brought back on a penalty (holding on Mawae, I believe). Chris Henry continues to surprise me, as I was a huge critic of the Titans taking him in the 2nd round. There's not doubt in my mind that Henry should remain the #2 RB even when Brown gets healthy. Unfortunately, it seems almost certain that Fisher (who loves his vets) will choose Brown over Henry. If the combo of Lendale/Henry can continue to make strides, then the Titans might be OK next season at RB.

3. Our DL looked incredible today. KVB and Haynesworth were all over the place (as usual). However, Tony Brown also had a good game and was consistently disrupting running plays in the backfield. And Odom had, in my opinion, his best game of the year. He was absolutely relentless today and had someting like 3 deflections.

4. As TitanHope said, rookie Michael Griffin didn't have any huge plays, but he didn't give up any huge plays either. Overall, a good effort in his first start.

5. One bad thing that I noticed today: our CBs (Finnegan & Harper) were getting out-muscled by the Raiders' WR (Porter & Curry). Both Finnegan & Harper are smaller CBs -- and thus far in the season, teams hadn't taken advantage of that. Fortunately for the Titans, Daunte Culpepper is the Raiders' QB -- otherwise, the Raiders' WRs might have had bigger days.

6. The Raiders had something like 12 penalties today. In many ways, they outplayed the Titans for the majority of the game. If the Raiders hadn't played so sloppy (with all those penalties), they probably would've beaten us today since our offense was really struggling.

Comment

I agree that VY has pretty much stunk this year, but how about a lil help? Ganther bobbled then dropped an easy TD pass, Roydell had one bounce off his chest in the middle of the endzone, and Troupe missed a semi-difficult TD catch. Wasn't a very easy catch, but I've rewatched it a few times and it was definitely catchable had he given max effort for it.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                    Says the man with a Jonathan Stewart signature... ;)

It's great to hear about Griffin doing well. He'll probably be put in for nickelback, which is fine. Special teams and practice are one thing and real game speed is another. I'd prefer for him to get worked in slowly by playing nickelback.

Also, there are rumors about the Titans looking into Grady Jackson after Cory Simon's retirement. He seems to be the top DT available, and we only have 3 DT's currently.
                    wheres the harm in wanting someone who will no doubt be a 1400+ feature back year in year out no problem

combine that wil a runner who could potentially get 1400 year in year out and we have 2800 yards rushing minimum a year, plus VY about 3300 logic is flawless

along with the 4500 season passin we will gain just short of 8000 yards of offense add in some third string runners some WR reverses about 8000 yards rushing

then we have about 1500 return yards and about 500 PR yards

RECORD BREAKING 10000 yard season for the titans, all because we drafted J Stew

and CHisaGOD

Comment

• I have no comeback to that, except that we'll have 3 backs on the roster who could gain 1400 yds a piece, so it would be 4200 yds from the RB's. Other than that it's completely true. JStew FTW!!!
                      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• corrected, a record breaking 14000+ yard season

Comment

• Huge game this weekend. The Colts, Jaguars, and Texans could all lose their games this week, so if we win, we're automatically one game up on everyone in the division. Either way, we can't afford to lose a game with Jax on our tail. Huge game with them next week too.
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• i think we can win against them, how are they going to score?

Comment

• Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
                              i think we can win against them, how are they going to score?
                              steve smith?

better qustion, can we score?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                                steve smith?

better qustion, can we score?
                                Final score will be 3-2.

Originally posted by Halsey
                                I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information