No announcement yet.

2008 draft thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if you remember whe the jets QB comes in and shouts at adam sandler in Mr Deeds and he b**** slaps him down and then his dad phones up later....exactly what would happen

Comment

• Hahahahahaha! Thats awesome. I love that movie too.

Deeds: Its no problem sir. He just needs to watch the language in front of the ladies.

QB's Dad: Oh, I see. Well, I'll remind him where he comes from. Thank you.

QB's Dad: *unfastens belt* You used foul language in front of a lady?!

QB: No daddy, NO!!!

Deeds: *hears screaming coming through the phone and gives it a funny look that only Adam Sandler can create*
      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Whoo! Draft Day! Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! I feel like a kid on Christmas...and it's still 12+ hours away!

Well, I may as well post my final ideal Titans draft:

1) Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois
        2) Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma
        3) Traded to move up in 1st for Mendenhall
        4a) Kendall Langdord, DE/DT, Hampton
        4b) Jonathan Goff, MLB, Vanderbilt
        4c) Eric Young, OL, Tennessee
        5) Corey Lynch, D, App. State
        6) f/ Bryce Fisher, DE, Seattle
        7) Mr. Irrelevant...I dunno, cuz I'm tired. Probably a CB.

I dunno if it's realistic, but it's my Draft so hah! I think Mendenhall could be our playmaking RB and a beast of a RB. Malcolm Kelly may be slow on the track, but he's perdy dang good on the field. I've liked Langford for months, and he has the frame to put on more pounds and play UT - similar to Kevin Carter. Goff is a stud SEC MLB, and I think he could challenge Fowler/Tulloch for playing time. Eric Young could add depth at all OL with his talent and versatility.

Corey Lynch is a badass motha' trucka', and he'll be a beast on special teams! I've seen him play in person twice - One of which was the championship game against Joe Flacco and Delaware -, and each time he's been dominant. Complete ball hawk who can cover as well as stop the run. I truly think he can start in the NFL, but he'll in the least add depth and special teamer. Needless to say, I'm a fan...

Night all. For the Draft cometh in the morn...
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• id cum in my pants if we got mendenhall

is it eastern today because if it is i will get coverage at 8 so i will miss pick 1 2 and maybe 3...but who cares, i hate the earlier picks....more predicatble i think

Comment

• I'm at Prom, which is an all day thing. I'm gonna miss our picks, but my buddy, a Saints fan (Katrina refugee), is gonna keep me updated. :)
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• ha shame, i missed the first 3 picks but im here till like 4am to watch it

Comment

• Starting to really like are 1st round pick, but this also mean they really don't have much faith in Henry. Someone to share time at DE with kearse was a must, but i really don't know much about this guy from emu. Maybe we can get Earl in the third. But johnson i like because of his ability to be a recevier to. and he was also my third favorite back in the draft.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

• Some thoughts...

I'm not a big fan of our 1st Round Pick...RB Chris Johnson. He's definitely a speedster. However, after spending high picks on RB the past couple of years, I was really hoping that we'd address some other need positions. Johnson seems like a situational RB at best; and though he has skills at KR/PR, we just signed Chris Carr to handle those duties. Ultimately, while Johnson could pan out just fine, I think DE, WR, CB, & DT were all bigger needs...and there were still great players left at many of those positions. I wish we would've taken DE Philip Merling or CB Mike Jenkins here.

I like the Jason Jones pick. He'll play DE for us; but if he could bulk up a little, he could fill-in a little at DT too (which is what he played in college). Depending on whether we address DT in the draft, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jones or Tony Brown playing DE on early downs, allowing Javon Kearse to come in on passing situations.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information