No announcement yet.

2008 draft thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm of the opinion that we need more speed at WR. Our offense as a whole is pretty slow with the exception of QB.

Comment

I think it will be determined on how fast he runs at the combine. If he runs slow, combined with the injury and missed time, I think he'd be available in the 2nd. Plus, you have to factor in the WR class this year. If few junior WR's declare, then Sweed will be seen as the 3rd of 4th best WR. And if thats the case, a team may decide to take him before we can.
      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Speaking of TE's....another guy I like is Jermichael Finley from Texas. But he's only a sophomore right now and looks like he's about 235. He looks like a big WR. Could be a big prospect in the future.

Also, just for the record...I don't see us using our 1st on a WR. Unless Chow really gets in Fishers ear about it.

Comment

Honestly, I think the only way we don't use our 1st RD pick on a WR is if Paul Williams starts showing glimpses during practice. If not, then I think it'd be a foolish move, unless someone of epic value falls. We passed on Dwayne Bowe, a WR who fit our offense perfectly, last year for Griff. And now we have an offense that can only run the ball. I know our history and that with our offense, the WR's role isn't vital. But seriously, the situation we have now blows.

Malcolm Kelly in the 1st and Martin Rucker in the 2nd would setup our offense for... *drools*...Ahem, sorry. It would setup our offense for a while. I'm hoping Chow does speak up.
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I am saying watch out for a dark horse pick on an ILB. Lots of serious prospects with Laurinatis and Mauluagua and Connor. Only way we go WR would be DeSean Jackson or Malcolm Kelly, unless Early Doucet absolutely impresses at the combine

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
            Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

if my madden game predicts the future, THEN what we have is
              griffin in the 2010 pro bowl
              cortland in the 2010 pro bowl
              harper in the 2010 pro bowl
              bulluck in the 2010 pro bowl
              ray lewis at OLB in the 2010 pro bowl
              courtney brown in the 2010 pro bowl
              john henderson in the 2010 pro bowl
              bo scaife in the 2010 pro bowl
              chris henry in the 2010 pro bowl
              looks hopefuly for the 09/10 season guys

but in all serious, jonathan stewart...he da bomb a TE in round 2 and we are rolling to the SB in 2010

Comment

Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
                if my madden game predicts the future, THEN what we have is
                griffin in the 2010 pro bowl
                cortland in the 2010 pro bowl
                harper in the 2010 pro bowl
                bulluck in the 2010 pro bowl
                ray lewis at OLB in the 2010 pro bowl
                courtney brown in the 2010 pro bowl
                john henderson in the 2010 pro bowl
                bo scaife in the 2010 pro bowl
                chris henry in the 2010 pro bowl
                looks hopefuly for the 09/10 season guys

but in all serious, jonathan stewart...he da bomb a TE in round 2 and we are rolling to the SB in 2010
                What about Vince? By 2010, I had Vince a multiple time MVP and back to back superbowls

Comment

What do you guys think about the latest mock update???

Scott has us picking WR Limas Sweed at about pick #25 (or so) -- which means apparently Scott thinks we're going to have a good year.

Personally, I don't mind the Sweed pick; but I don't think it will happen. The Titans seem to be one of those teams (like the Eagles) that just don't believe in taking WRs early.

Since we don't have any GLARING needs, I kinda hope that we trade back a little and accumulate some more picks...

Comment

I love where we're picking, but not so much the pick. Sweed is the 2nd WR taken overall, and I don't think he's that good. He had the chemistry with Vince, but who's to say that will carry to the Pro level? But out of all the senior WR's, he's my preferred pick. I just hope Malcolm Kelly declares.
                    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
                      What about Vince? By 2010, I had Vince a multiple time MVP and back to back superbowls
                      i hate vince on 08, i find him too stressful to play with lol, so i have carson palmer

Comment

That's blasphemy Stephenson!
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                          That's blasphemy Stephenson!
                          woah woah, if a QB cant throw on the move on madden he is no use to me

Comment

Maybe you're not that good? ;)

Ok, after today, I'm seriously hoping that we persue Michael Turner during FA this offseason. Turner and LenWhale would be great, and that way we don't need to use a draft pick on the position.
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Anyone else tired of seeing us take a WR in every mock that is made? Pretty much every single one has us with either Sweed, Bowman, or Doucet.

Just like last year every one had us with either Meach, Bowe, or Ginn.

I can see us going with a WR if the board is stacked right (I like Kelly and Bowman FWIW), but it is pretty clear that Fisher seems to undervalue that position.

I could EASILY see us going after a DE, DT, S, or even a TE depending on how things go.

I dont know it's just kinda boring opening up every mock draft and seeing Early Doucet.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
                                Anyone else tired of seeing us take a WR in every mock that is made? Pretty much every single one has us with either Sweed, Bowman, or Doucet.

Just like last year every one had us with either Meach, Bowe, or Ginn.

I can see us going with a WR if the board is stacked right (I like Kelly and Bowman FWIW), but it is pretty clear that Fisher seems to undervalue that position.

I could EASILY see us going after a DE, DT, S, or even a TE depending on how things go.

I dont know it's just kinda boring opening up every mock draft and seeing Early Doucet.
                                Well everyone thinks that is our top need right now, and everyone believes that in order to make Vince Young better we must upgrade the people around him. Basically, what occurred to Mike Vick in Atlanta, in which everyone wanted a first round WR every year is now happening with Young. I definitely think its possible for us to take a WR such as Kelly or Doucet, but I also think it is as likely to take a TE, ILB and S

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information