No announcement yet.

Titans Draft Discussion and Draft Room

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is taken from the other thread as I think it fits in this topic more.

Here's my realistic wishlist for the draft.

1. Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC
    2. Josh Wilson, CB, Maryland
    3. Ikaika Alama-Francis, DE/DT, Hawaii
    4. Brian Robison, DE, Texas
    4. John Wendling, S, Wyoming
    5. Steve Smith, WR, USC
    6. Chase Johnson, OT, Wyoming
    6. Dan Santucci, OG, Notre Dame
    6. Garrett Wolfe, RB, Northen Illinois
    7. Uche Nwaneri, OG, Purdue
    7. Jared Zabransky, QB, Boise State
    7. Isiah Stanback, QB/WR, Washington

Thoughts?

Comment

Btw, if any of you have read the recent Titansradio blurb, Chow sounds like he's really pushing for a WR. Here are his exact comments:

"We need two more [receivers]," Chow told The Tennessean. ''Whether we get them through free agency or through the draft, that's critical for us.''
      ''I know the Titans maybe had a philosophy where they didn't take them early, take them in the first part of the second day," Chow told The Tennessean. ''We try to make a good evaluation and whoever we take, you need to put him right in; they need to start playing.''

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post
        This is taken from the other thread as I think it fits in this topic more.

Here's my realistic wishlist for the draft.

1. Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC
        2. Josh Wilson, CB, Maryland
        3. Ikaika Alama-Francis, DE/DT, Hawaii
        4. Brian Robison, DE, Texas
        4. John Wendling, S, Wyoming
        5. Steve Smith, WR, USC
        6. Chase Johnson, OT, Wyoming
        6. Dan Santucci, OG, Notre Dame
        6. Garrett Wolfe, RB, Northen Illinois
        7. Uche Nwaneri, OG, Purdue
        7. Jared Zabransky, QB, Boise State
        7. Isiah Stanback, QB/WR, Washington

Thoughts?
        I like the majority of them, only thing is personal differences (not a big Jarrett fan). Love Brian Robison. I think Steve Smith may have moved up with his forty time. I'm a fan of Josh Wilson also. Also think Wolfe could fit well for us, though if we can't get Henry's contract settled, then I think RB jumps up a little on the need chart....unless we resign Chris Brown, which I'm not opposed to.

Comment

What about trading Pacman and our 1st round pick for Detroits 1st rounder, and get Calvin Johnson?

By jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by Titansfan #53 View Post
            What about trading Pacman and our 1st round pick for Detroits 1st rounder, and get Calvin Johnson?
            I think I posted something about this earlier, but to move up from #19 to #2 is really difficult.

Looking at the draft-value-chart (which alot of GMs use in evaluating trades), it would take something like our 1st rounder this year, our 1st rounder next year, PacMan, AND a 2nd or 3rd rounder to move up to #2. I don't have the chart in front of me at the moment, but I'm pretty sure that it's very close to that.

Basically, it would be a pretty pricey move...

Comment

Yeah, you can basically put to rest the trading up for CJ ideas...it's a pipe dream at this point. A team with as many holes as we have can't just be trading away the future for 1 player.

So, back to what I posted earlier, sounds like Chow is really pulling for a WR. My personal preference at #19 is Dwayne Bowe if he's there, like I've been saying all along. I think his skill set would go great with VY, and help alleviate some of his accuracy problems. Bowe dominates the middle of the field, and VY likes throwing there. He's also the most physical receiver in this draft, something we lack, and he can use his big body to shield defenders. I think he would work good against a defense like the Colts, since their coverages guard against deep plays, let him work the underneath routes and the middle of the field, and use his strength to break through tackles. I'd like a receiving group of

WR - Dwayne Bowe
              WR - Brandon Jones
              Slot - Bobby Wade

And then hope that Troupe gets his mind right on the field, with Scaife as another good receiving option.
              Last edited by Pit Bull #53; 02-28-2007, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
                Yeah, you can basically put to rest the trading up for CJ ideas...it's a pipe dream at this point. A team with as many holes as we have can't just be trading away the future for 1 player.

So, back to what I posted earlier, sounds like Chow is really pulling for a WR. My personal preference at #19 is Dwayne Bowe if he's there, like I've been saying all along. I think his skill set would go great with VY, and help alleviate some of his accuracy problems. Bowe dominates the middle of the field, and VY likes throwing there. He's also the most physical receiver in this draft, something we lack, and he can use his big body to shield defenders. I think he would work good against a defense like the Colts, since their coverages guard against deep plays, let him work the underneath routes and the middle of the field, and use his strength to break through tackles. I'd like a receiving group of

WR - Dwayne Bowe
                WR - Brandon Jones
                Slot - Bobby Wade

And then hope that Troupe gets his mind right on the field, with Scaife as another good receiving option.
                I think that could be a pretty solid WR core--especially if Troupe shows ANYTHING at all this season.

One question:
                Have you heard anything about Jonathan Orr???

I was pretty high on him when the Titans drafted him last season; and I thought that he'd get a chance to show off his speed last season but I never heard anything regarding him. With our need for a deep-threat, I wonder if he could get a chance this season in that deep-threat role...

If not, then I wouldn't mind the Titans taking a WR in the 1st or 2nd round and then a speedster late in the draft--just somebody who can stretch DEFs vertically...

Comment

Hey guys, i'm new here and just thought i'd give my two cents. I think that wr and de are the titans biggest needs, pretty sire most will agree with that. What do you guys think of the possibility of the titans using there 19 pick on one of those and then possibly packaging some picks to move back up into the end of round one to take the position of the two that they didnt take with the 19 pick. i know f.reese was conservative about trading up but do you guys think reinfeldt might be more aggressive?

Comment

This offseason, I would like to see us make a push for nate clements, with our shocking 2nd corner and a possibility of no Pacman next year it would be good to pick up his ability and experience

Also I would love for us to make a push at trading for Jared Allen, signing patrick Kerney, or spending a packet on bringing in dwight freeney. We have alot of cap room and someone of his age and his ability would be an incredible pick up, i dont care how much of a push it is.

In the first round i really want us to push for Amobi Okoye or quinn Pitcock in the second.

The above two should really solidify a very pourus line, and with the keith bulluck playing off dwight freeneys ass, i dont see alot of teams having fun.

if we go for a DT in the first i would like to see us go for Sidney Rice or if he drops to us Steve smith. If we go reciever in the first then i really dont like the look of Jarrett and would prefer Meachem.

BUT the ultimate thing i would love to see is if he is there at 50, we go for michael bush, i think that would be an incredibly good pick up for us, he is an incredible talent and a steal at 50. But i would only really like to see this if we lose henry and chris brown doesnt hang about.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
                      This offseason, I would like to see us make a push for nate clements, with our shocking 2nd corner and a possibility of no Pacman next year it would be good to pick up his ability and experience

Also I would love for us to make a push at trading for Jared Allen, signing patrick Kerney, or spending a packet on bringing in dwight freeney. We have alot of cap room and someone of his age and his ability would be an incredible pick up, i dont care how much of a push it is.

In the first round i really want us to push for Amobi Okoye or quinn Pitcock in the second.

The above two should really solidify a very pourus line, and with the keith bulluck playing off dwight freeneys ass, i dont see alot of teams having fun.

if we go for a DT in the first i would like to see us go for Sidney Rice or if he drops to us Steve smith. If we go reciever in the first then i really dont like the look of Jarrett and would prefer Meachem.

BUT the ultimate thing i would love to see is if he is there at 50, we go for michael bush, i think that would be an incredibly good pick up for us, he is an incredible talent and a steal at 50. But i would only really like to see this if we lose henry and chris brown doesnt hang about.
                      He has returned

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                      XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                      Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                      http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

Originally posted by smittyjs View Post
                        He has returned
                        ive been busy

Comment

Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
                          ive been busy
                          About time Stevenson, welcome back, we have missed your knowledge
                          Sig by PitBull

All-hail Bulluck

Comment

for the draft im praying we go bowe first round....the kid is a beast!

Comment

We're gonna need to get a DT if Robaire doesn't re-sign with us. Randy Starks hasn't done a damn thing since his rookie year, and it shows that we tendered him at a lower level than Eugene Amano. We're gonna need to bring someone in if Robaire isn't back.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
                                We're gonna need to get a DT if Robaire doesn't re-sign with us. Randy Starks hasn't done a damn thing since his rookie year, and it shows that we tendered him at a lower level than Eugene Amano. We're gonna need to bring someone in if Robaire isn't back.

Insert Ian Scott here....I can see us picking him up.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information