Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Titans Draft Discussion and Draft Room

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    maybe someone else a little better will be available after june 1st.

    Comment


    • #47
      http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/in...&news_id=55331

      We are bringing in Dwayne Jarrett for a visit. I've been a little lukewarm on him for a little while, I think I had him ranked just behind CJ, Bowe, Meach, and Ginn. I guess I wouldn't be opposed to taking him. He does have amazing hands and is a terror in the red zone....but it would make it alot easier if he ran in the mid - 4.5s

      Comment


      • #48
        I really hope we can get a new deal done with brown, i feel he could have a great year being the back up to White, you have to remeber this is a even better line than the one he ran behinf in the 2004 season.

        Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
        XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
        Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
        http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

        Comment


        • #49
          The Titans should go this route with there first four picks.

          Rd.1- Dewayne Bowe - WR
          Rd.2- Brandon Meriweather - Safety
          Rd.3 - Marcus Thomas - DT
          Rd.4 - Brandon Siler - MLB

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by HorusKing View Post
            The Titans should go this route with there first four picks.

            Rd.1- Dewayne Bowe - WR
            Rd.2- Brandon Meriweather - Safety
            Rd.3 - Marcus Thomas - DT
            Rd.4 - Brandon Siler - MLB
            i dont like dwayne bowe and i never had. as for safety in the 2nd we just signed one so now we have 4 safeties capable of starting. thomas could be great though. he was ranked as one of the top linemen before he got in trouble.

            id like to get jarrett in the 1st round. even though he ran a 4.62 at combine he proved on the field at usc he doesnt need speed to catch for 100+ yards. i have high hopes for brandon jones

            Comment


            • #51
              I'd rather not on Meriweather and Thomas. Regardless of how serious you think their character issues are, I don't think this is a team that can afford to take ANY risk on guys that have questions. We need more guys like VY and Ahmard Hall and less guys like Adam Jones and Albert Haynesworth.

              And I also think we need to take a RB on day 1, unless we sign someone. I'd even package a 3rd and one of our extra 4ths to move up a little and grab Kenny Irons if he falls to the early 3rd. Or maybe just draft Lorenzo Booker

              I'm also loving the talk of Jamaal Anderson and Alan Branch both falling. I don't anticipate either one being available for us, but I would love it if either one were. Assuming neither do, I'd like to go:

              1. Robert Meachem (or Dwayne Bowe, whichever is available)
              2. Tim Crowder (one of my favorite players in this draft)
              3. Kenny Irons (in a possible trade up, or stay put and take Booker)
              4. Best CB available, I don't know who'd be left...Bennett? Jackson?

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
                I'd rather not on Meriweather and Thomas. Regardless of how serious you think their character issues are, I don't think this is a team that can afford to take ANY risk on guys that have questions. We need more guys like VY and Ahmard Hall and less guys like Adam Jones and Albert Haynesworth.

                And I also think we need to take a RB on day 1, unless we sign someone. I'd even package a 3rd and one of our extra 4ths to move up a little and grab Kenny Irons if he falls to the early 3rd. Or maybe just draft Lorenzo Booker

                I'm also loving the talk of Jamaal Anderson and Alan Branch both falling. I don't anticipate either one being available for us, but I would love it if either one were. Assuming neither do, I'd like to go:

                1. Robert Meachem (or Dwayne Bowe, whichever is available)
                2. Tim Crowder (one of my favorite players in this draft)
                3. Kenny Irons (in a possible trade up, or stay put and take Booker)
                4. Best CB available, I don't know who'd be left...Bennett? Jackson?
                I think that would be a good draft for us.

                Personally, I have Bowe ranked slightly ahead of Meachem but not by much. Crowder would give us a run-stuffing DE that we desperately need--my only worry is that Crowder will be picked before our 2nd pick. I'd be happy if we got Crowder/C.Johnson/Abimiri with that 2nd pick (probably in that order of preference). Again, I'd be happy with either Irons or Booker, as I think both have running styles that would be nice compliments to LenDale.

                In what round we pick CB in this draft is a real wild-card, IMO. I could see us picking a CB anywhere from rounds 2-5. The Nick Harper signing gives us some flexibility; and luckily, this draft is VERY deep at CB (with what looks like a number of potential starters to be found in rounds 3-5).

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Pit Bull #53
                  I'm also loving the talk of Jamaal Anderson and Alan Branch both falling. I don't anticipate either one being available for us, but I would love it if either one were. Assuming neither do, I'd like to go:

                  1. Robert Meachem (or Dwayne Bowe, whichever is available)
                  2. Tim Crowder (one of my favorite players in this draft)
                  3. Kenny Irons (in a possible trade up, or stay put and take Booker)
                  4. Best CB available, I don't know who'd be left...Bennett? Jackson?
                  I'm with you on the first two picks. I want WR and DE to be addressed in the first two picks. But in the third round, I'd rather get a CB and then in the fourth address RB. I'd want to go:

                  1. Ted Ginn Jr./Robert Meachem/Dwayne Bowe(Assuming Anderson or Carriker aren't there)
                  2. Tim Crowder/Victor Abiamiri
                  3. Daymeion Hughes/Fred Bennett
                  4. Best RB available(Lorenzo Booker? Dwayne Wright? Chris Henry?)
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                  [@TDWinstead]
                  Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Timed speed isnt everything....Dwayne Jarrett is a monster look at this




                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Yeah, Jarrett has big arms. They won't do any good if the ball doesn't make it to him though. I'm very worried about his ability to separate in the NFL. I'm not opposed to dropping down and taking him (and definitely in the second if he falls to us there), but I don't like taking him at 19. I just don't see the value.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Bobertchin View Post
                        Yeah, Jarrett has big arms. They won't do any good if the ball doesn't make it to him though. I'm very worried about his ability to separate in the NFL. I'm not opposed to dropping down and taking him (and definitely in the second if he falls to us there), but I don't like taking him at 19. I just don't see the value.
                        I agree, there's no question in my mind that he can play and possibly dominate vs. zone coverage and off man coverage. My question with Jarrett is whether or not he can separate vs. press man when he's got a CB on his hip pocket.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          It hasn't been said much, but what about Reggie Nelson? I could see him replacing Lamont Thompson.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Yeah, I love Nelson...I just get the impression from the comments Fisher has made that they like who they have at FS (and I'm hoping that means Calvin Lowry or Vince Fuller and NOT LaMiss Thompson). There was a rumor posted a while back that Calvin Lowry is gonna get the job. Not sure how reliable it is, but it's the only thing that's been out there.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Personally I would like to see the draft go something like this;

                              1. Meachem (or maybe Bowe if Meachem's not available)
                              2. Crowder (but assuming he's not there Abiamiri would fit to)
                              3. Lorenzo Booker (Irons if he's avaiable but I have the feeling he will be gone)
                              4. Josh Wilson (Johnathon Wade or Fred Bennet would be alright as well, maybe even BAin from Hampton cause I think he's gonna be a very good corner)

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Here are my pics if the Titans don't trade for Over-rated RB turner and if we sign free agent Corey Dillion for 1 or 2 season.

                                1. DE - Jarvis Moss - Florida( WR - Dwayne Bowe if Moss is gone. )
                                2. WR - Sydney Rice - S. Carolina{ DE - Quentin Moses if we go WR in rd. 1}
                                3. RB - Antonio Pittman - Ohio St.
                                4. CB - Terrell Brown - Texas{ He falls because of off the field issues. }
                                4. DT - Kareem Brown -Miami

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information