Titans Draft Discussion and Draft Room

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HorusKing View Post
    Here are my pics if the Titans don't trade for Over-rated RB turner and if we sign free agent Corey Dillion for 1 or 2 season.

1. DE - Jarvis Moss - Florida( WR - Dwayne Bowe if Moss is gone. )
    2. WR - Sydney Rice - S. Carolina{ DE - Quentin Moses if we go WR in rd. 1}
    3. RB - Antonio Pittman - Ohio St.
    4. CB - Terrell Brown - Texas{ He falls because of off the field issues. }
    4. DT - Kareem Brown -Miami
    I agree that the Titans need a DE; but I think both Jarvis Moss or Quentin Moses would be bad picks for us, as both are weak against the run (and I think we need a good run-stuffing DE, so we can correctly utilize LaBoy's skill-set on 3rd downs).

I like the Pittman pick IF we don't sign Dillon or get Turner. However, if we get Dillon or Turner, I think the RB need gets pushed back to late rounds.

If Terrell Brown's stock is dropping because of "off-the-field" issues, the Titans will probably avoid him like the plague. The last thing they need is another CB with "off-the-field" issues...

Comment

What would be the odds of us trading down with Atlanta?

I've been thinking about trading out of #19, maybe into the second round, but only if we get two 2nd round picks out of the deal. Atlants is the only team with more than one 2nd rounders. So, I did the math, and there's about a 100 point difference on the trade chart, and the Titans get the better deal. So maybe we throw in our 4th rounder this year, a pick next year, or even a player.

But anyway, say Atlanta misses out on Laron Landry. They pick up a DE instead, and it comes to our pick and Reggie Nelson is still on the board (Or any other situation takes place that would intrigue Atlanta into trading up: Okoye falling? They take Landry and Jamaal Anderson is still on the board? Whatever). Do you think it would be a good idea to trade down with them for their 2 second rounders for our 1st round pick and a 4th round pick/future pick/player?

To me, this would probably be the best option. Definitely more so than trading up for a player, but I think both aren't likely. So this is just a pipe dream, but still. Its nice to think. I'd rather have a draft that went:

1st Rounder: Traded
      2nd Rounder(a): Sidney Rice
      2nd Rounder(b): Charles Johnson
      2nd Rounder(c): DeMarcus Tyler
      3rd Rounder: Fred Bennett

Than lets say, as Scott has it currently:

1st Rounder: Robert Meachem
      2nd Rounder: Eric Wright
      3rd Rounder: Antonio Pittman

Anyway, even though its highly unlikely, its nice to come up with dream scenarios...
      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

By the way, I HATE Scott's new mock. Not because of who we are picking, because I actually LOVE all 3 players...but because of who is still on the board at our picks. He has:

1. Meachem - With Jamaal Anderson still on the board. TAKE ANDERSON!!!!
        2. Wright - With Sidney Rice on the board. TAKE ANDERSON AND RICE!!!!
        3. Pittman - Beautiful

Oh my god. I would soil myself if we drafted Anderson, Rice and Pittman. Holy crap. I would run outside and dance in the street.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
          By the way, I HATE Scott's new mock. Not because of who we are picking, because I actually LOVE all 3 players...but because of who is still on the board at our picks. He has:

3. Pittman - Beautiful

Oh my god. I would soil myself if we drafted Anderson, Rice and Pittman. Holy crap. I would run outside and dance in the street.
          I'd actually rather have Meachem & Wright than Anderson & Rice. Something tells me Anderson is going to bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post
            I'd actually rather have Meachem & Wright than Anderson & Rice. Something tells me Anderson is going to bust.
            Well I do love Meachem...he's my favorite player. Guess we just have a difference of opinion of Anderson. Alot of people are trashing him right now, but I've seen him play numerous times and I like the kid. He has all the tools to succeed, plus he actually has a motor, which is one of the most important things for a DL to have in my opinion.

I also love Wright, just very wary on taking another corner with character issues. I think we'll steer clear of players like that.

Comment

Well I do love Meachem...he's my favorite player. Guess we just have a difference of opinion of Anderson. Alot of people are trashing him right now, but I've seen him play numerous times and I like the kid. He has all the tools to succeed, plus he actually has a motor, which is one of the most important things for a DL to have in my opinion.

I also love Wright, just very wary on taking another corner with character issues. I think we'll steer clear of players like that.
              Wright has character issues? I haven't heard that before.

Comment

Yeah, he got dismissed from USC after he was arrested on suspicion of rape. That's why he's playin for UNLV now, he transfered there. Don't think he was ever convicted, but they found something like 150 ecstasy pills in his apartment during the whole ordeal. Maybe he's past it, from the interviews I've seen it sounds like he is, but we've rolled the dice once, I think we may play it safe this time around.

Comment

Yeah, he got dismissed from USC after he was arrested on suspicion of rape. That's why he's playin for UNLV now, he transfered there. Don't think he was ever convicted, but they found something like 150 ecstasy pills in his apartment during the whole ordeal. Maybe he's past it, from the interviews I've seen it sounds like he is, but we've rolled the dice once, I think we may play it safe this time around.
                  Yeah, I don't feel like getting another arrest waiting to happen. Let's hope for Aaron Ross in the second then.

Comment

These are my exact thoughts.

No way will the Titans take a CB with even a hint of character concerns in this year's draft...

Comment

It seems as if 1 out of every 5 players has "Character Concerns." A guy gets busted for jay walking, and he's suddenly a bad egg. I know there's a difference between alleged rape and some random minutia of a mistake, but still. I don't want character to be scrutinized just as much the player's abilities.
                      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                        It seems as if 1 out of every 5 players has "Character Concerns." A guy gets busted for jay walking, and he's suddenly a bad egg. I know there's a difference between alleged rape and some random minutia of a mistake, but still. I don't want character to be scrutinized just as much the player's abilities.
                        I agree that alot of players have minor "character concerns."

However, being accused of rape and police finding 100+ of ecstasy pills in your apartment is more than a minor concern.

Comment

Originally posted by MicktheGreat
                          However, being accused of rape and police finding 100+ of ecstasy pills in your apartment is more than a minor concern.
                          I know that. I just don't want it to get out of hand, and hurt the players with minor violations. I understand this is not the case with Eric Wright.
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

So we all agree we will look at WR, DE, CB and RB most likely for the first 4 picks. What about the rest? I'm thinking S, OG/OT, DT, ILB/OLB and maybe a late round flyer on a QB or even K. We do have 9 picks right?

Comment

We need to add depth at LB, we are pretty thin there, also we have anuff safety on are roster, we could use a future Center in this draft. And draft the replacement for Olson at guard.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                              XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                              Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                              http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

3. Pittman - Beautiful

Can we get a video of that????

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                                XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                                Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                                http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information