Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Titans players released and Free Agency signing.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we need to ******* bring in some bigger names we have huge amount of cap room ******* do something

Comment

We signed more talented player last season with less cap.....This sucks right now. Atleast reese signed people and resigned aome of are talented players. On the side note i like the resigning of Kerry Colins.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
      XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
      Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
      http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
        By the way, Kevin Carter just signed with Tampa Bay. I swear to god if we have to start Travis LaBoy at DE next year I'm gonna puke. And don't even get me started on Randy Starks if someone else isn't brought in.
        Well if we don't improve are run defense and pass rush i really don't see how we will be able to win more than five games.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
        XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
        Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
        http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

Guys, there's no need to jump off a cliff right now. The last thing we needed to do was give some ridiculous contracts to ridiculously average players. I was just hoping we'd sign some stop gaps for the DL like Kevin Carter or Dewayne White (who's making $29M by the way, don't want him now lol).

I think we need to sign a #2 RB, maybe some depth on the DL (not much there), and try to go after a WR. I'd make a push for Stallworth, but he reportedly wants $18M guaranteed. I would NOT use all our cap space on this crop of mediocre free agents. I'd sign a couple of guys, then try to lock up some of our young core guys long term, like Roos, Bell, and maybe even Haynesworth, though I'm not entirely sure that will happen.

Comment

Yeah, I'm fine with it too. I just thought that for our first FA signing, it was rather anti-climactic
            I feel ya. This offseason has been pretty uneventful.

The release of Henry and him signing with Denver tells me that the coaching staff believes LenDale can be our starting back. I would like to see a RB rotation on White and Brown, that is, if we re-sign Brown. Add in a 3rd down back, I think our RB's will be just fine.

The way I'm looking at it right now, the Titans are going to have the most cap space than any other team next year. Anybody have a list of the FA's for next year? :)
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Kerry Collins was re-signed today ... YES!!!

just kidding :(

It doesn't really matter who our backup is. If VY goes down, our team is F'd.
              "A lot of people say this and say that about us, but thatís a good thing. We want to keep it low, and we donít want all the hype going with the Tennessee Titans. We want to just keep it low. Yíall just keep talking about us, talking bad about us, so we can just continue to go out there each week and show the whole world what type of football team we are." -- Vince Young

T-minus 1 year until the beginning of the Titans Dynasty!

Comment

Originally posted by TitanAddict View Post
                Kerry Collins was re-signed today ... YES!!!

just kidding :(

It doesn't really matter who our backup is. If VY goes down, our team is F'd.
                This is a GREAT signing for the Titans. I mean, Collins has a big arm and is a proven winner whose taken a team to the SuperBowl...

Oh, wait...I forgot...it's the year 2007 and Collins suxors...

Comment

Bobby Wade signed with Minnesota.

Originally posted by Adam Schefter from NFL.com
                  Minnesota reached an agreement with free agent wide receiver Bobby Wade on a five-year, $15 million deal.
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                  Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

That is mildly disappointing. I really liked Wade and what he brought to the table as a slot receiver. He was consistent as a kickoff returner....consistently average, but consistent nonetheless. I would have liked to have seen him back with us, but I think Roby can fill that role adequately unless we bring someone else in. Roby can definately return kicks, he did it his rookie year, and he has good speed. He'll have to put up slightly better numbers than he did his rookie year though, but I think we can be fine with him. And if we pick someone else up, even better.

We most definately need to add some WR's to this team now though. No doubt about it.

Comment

We most definately need to add some WR's to this team now though. No doubt about it.

What about david givens? Isn't he going to be the number one?

Comment

Well, no one knows when Givens is gonna be back. His knee injury was pretty severe. There's talk that he might not be ready until mid-way through next season. There's also a couple of rumors that he could be ready for training camp. Truth is no one really knows right now, and the FO is being very hush hush about it. he tore his ACL, tore his meniscus, and broke a bone in his knee.

Comment

Well, no one knows when Givens is gonna be back. His knee injury was pretty severe. There's talk that he might not be ready until mid-way through next season. There's also a couple of rumors that he could be ready for training camp. Truth is no one really knows right now, and the FO is being very hush hush about it. he tore his ACL, tore his meniscus, and broke a bone in his knee.
                          Yeah, given the serious nature of Givens' injury, the loss of Bennett/Wade, and uncertainty over whether Roby can be a consistent slot WR, I feel like the Titans need to sign a vet FA (if not now, then after June 1st cuts) AND draft a WR sometime in the 1st day of the draft.

Comment

Still seems so weird that he could screw his knee up that freaking bad without even being contacted. I mean, it didn't even look like anything happened. Just further shows that we are snakebitten when it comes to FA WR's, lol..

Comment

has joe horn been signed? i wouldn't mind bringing him in...

Also i would love to see us trade for Willis McGahee, i think hes a great player...

Donte Stallworth can suck my finger, i really dont want him...

Robert Meachem will be a Titan...

:)

Comment

Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
                                has joe horn been signed? i wouldn't mind bringing him in...

Also i would love to see us trade for Willis McGahee, i think hes a great player...

Donte Stallworth can suck my finger, i really dont want him...

Robert Meachem will be a Titan...

:)
                                I think I read a quote where Reinfeldt said that he thought Horn was a good player but that they weren't actively pursuing him.

I think Willis a great player; but it would probably take a 2nd rounder & a player to get him. And as good as Willis might be, I think we have too many holes to be trading away our draft picks for a position that's not a glaring need (other than a depth need at the position behind LenDale).

I'm not a huge fan of Stallworth, but I wouldn't mind bringing him in at the right price. When he's healthy (which isn't very often), he brings a real speed element that our offense is lacking, IMO. However, I'm sure that his price-tag will be too high. Ultimately, this offseason, I think we need to bring in a vet WR AND a rookie WR.

Meachem would be a great WR to get, but with our needs on the DL and our uncertainty at CB (thanks to Pacman & our inability to get Asante/Bly/Clements), I'm leaning towards waiting a little bit on WR and taking one in the 3rd or 4th round (maybe Jason Hill, Johnnie Lee Higgins, Steve Smith, Jacoby Jones, etc.).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information