Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Titans players released and Free Agency signing.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I read that Chris Brown signed with the Buffalo Bills.

Man...the Bills are REALLY trying to kick McGahee out the door. I hope the Titans don't make the mistake of trading picks for McGahee when we have so many holes to fill. As good as McGahee is, I'd rather let LenDale have a shot at the starting gig and maybe bring in Dominic Rhodes to take a few carries.

EDIT TO ADD: Oops...it now seems that the report of Chris Brown signing was premature, and he did NOT sign with the Bills...
    Last edited by MicktheGreat; 03-08-2007, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Being we NEED a WR...what about Jerry Porter, he would be a big target for Vince to throw to, and he wants out of Oakland but no telling what Oakland wants in return...just an idea
      Sig by PitBull

All-hail Bulluck

Comment

He is a punk always complainging and saying he is one of the best WR, IMO we should stay away from him.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
        XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
        Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
        http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

Grant Winstrom was just released from Seattle. I don't know much about him except that he's getting up there in age(though I don't think thats a huge deal for D-Line/O-Line players), he has a huge white boy fro in his picture on Madden, and he used to play for the Rams. Thats it...

What are your thoughts on him and if it would be a smart idea to pursue him if he's not asking for too much(which he probably is)?
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I dunno about Wistrom. He hasn't been terribly productive lately, but who knows.

Adam Schefter is saying that Reuben Droughns will be released. I would love to have him in as the #2 RB, but I dunno how much money he's gonna command, or if he will be content being a backup.
            Last edited by Pit Bull #53; 03-08-2007, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Well...Donte Stallworth signed with the Patriots this morning (something like 6 years for $30+ million). While I wasn't crazy about the prospect of the Titans signing Stallworth, it was clear that the Titans needed to address at least two of their needs in FA (between DE starter, DT starter, S starter, CB starter, WR starter, RB depth, & MLB depth).

They still haven't addressed ANY of those positions.

Now, it seems that the Titans will have to overpay for Kevin Curtis or settle for a lesser players...

Comment

I'm just curious if Antwan Odom is being completely written off. I was under the impression he was still under contract, and if so, talent wise, he's arguably as good as what was on the market this year.

There's still DT talent out there capable of coming in a being a starter for a couple years, so I wouldn't worry too much.

MLB depth can still be found, as can RB depth. S starter can come later in the draft. Even if you sign Kevin Curtis, I still think another WR is needed. CB starter is definitely a draft concern, although Finnegan looked nice last year. I think CB/WR will be at the top of the lists in the first 2 rounds for you guys, depending on the boards, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                  I'm just curious if Antwan Odom is being completely written off. I was under the impression he was still under contract, and if so, talent wise, he's arguably as good as what was on the market this year.

There's still DT talent out there capable of coming in a being a starter for a couple years, so I wouldn't worry too much.

MLB depth can still be found, as can RB depth. S starter can come later in the draft. Even if you sign Kevin Curtis, I still think another WR is needed. CB starter is definitely a draft concern, although Finnegan looked nice last year. I think CB/WR will be at the top of the lists in the first 2 rounds for you guys, depending on the boards, of course.
                  Odom has some talent; but he's never shown the consistency needed to be a legit starting DE in the NFL, in my opinion. Realistically, I think he's a rotation/backup player...

CB is a HUGE need--given Pacman's troubles and Reynaldo's inability as a starter. Finnegan was great last year, but he should stay in his nickel role and not have to worry about maybe being a starter. CB is one of the hardest positions for players to adjust to from college to the pros. That's why I'm REALLY hoping that they bring in at least one vet (someone who has already experienced the learning curb) who can help in the secondary.

While WR is a need, personally, I think it's more-and-more likely that they address it in the mid-rounds, choosing instead to address DE & CB in the first two rounds. Of course, if we sign CB Nick Harper (which we probably won't), then WR might be addressed earlier in the draft.

The point is that the Titans have LOTS of needs; and, despite their huge cap room, they haven't addressed a single one in FA (in fact, they appear to be sort of half-hearted in their attempts this offseason). Hopefully, they'll sign a couple of players soon, have a great draft, and maybe add a couple of June 1st cuts...
                  Last edited by MicktheGreat; 03-11-2007, 12:13 PM.

Comment

After years of cap issues, showing some financial discipline isn't bad. This team isn't looking short term, it's looking long term, as Vince Young is going to go through a lot more ups and downs.

Here's the issue I have with drafting WR later, and not the first two rounds. You've done that with a lot of guys (Jones, Orr, Williams, Roby), and while there always exists the potential that you will finally hit gold, you'd ideally like to provide a weapon for Vince Young who has higher upside. Givens is hurt as well, and Bennett is gone, with the TE play being inconsistent. That's not a lot of help, especially when you factor in Lendale White taking over at RB.

I don't think Odom is anything special, but I think he's about as good as the guys on the market.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                      After years of cap issues, showing some financial discipline isn't bad. This team isn't looking short term, it's looking long term, as Vince Young is going to go through a lot more ups and downs.

Here's the issue I have with drafting WR later, and not the first two rounds. You've done that with a lot of guys (Jones, Orr, Williams, Roby), and while there always exists the potential that you will finally hit gold, you'd ideally like to provide a weapon for Vince Young who has higher upside. Givens is hurt as well, and Bennett is gone, with the TE play being inconsistent. That's not a lot of help, especially when you factor in Lendale White taking over at RB.

I don't think Odom is anything special, but I think he's about as good as the guys on the market.
                      I agree that the Titans do NOT want to get in the cap hell that they were in for a couple of seasons. But, again, they haven't brought in ANYBODY. There's a fine line between being frugal with your money and being stingy--right now, I'm worried that the Titans may be protecting their pockets a little too miserly.

As far as drafting a WR in the mid-rounds, this draft is much deeper at the WR position than the Jones/Roby/Williams draft a few years ago. Plus, the reason we took 3 WRs that year is because ex-GM Floyd Reese had a draft-strategy in which he would invest several picks in 1-2 positions (i.e. he did the same thing with DEs...LaBoy/Odom/Schobel). I could definitely see a decent WR with upside being available in the 3rd round this year. Hopefully, however, the Titans will sign a vet CB--which would make all of this moot and allow them to draft a WR in either round 1 or 2.

Comment

If Chow gets his way, WR will be addressed early. I wouldn't mind getting one in round 1 to be honest if the value is there.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
                          If Chow gets his way, WR will be addressed early. I wouldn't mind getting one in round 1 to be honest if the value is there.
                          meachem, i want him so badly

Comment

My 2 favorites that could be available at our pick are Bowe and Meachem, but I also like Ginn as well.

I think we will go after a WR in one of the first two rounds. I mean, Chow publicly said that we need 2 more WR's...and we didn't re-sign either Bennett or Wade. I've been thinking about this alot recently. The way I see it is, and I've said this is another thread earlier in this forum, that this teams long term future is brighter than the short term. So with that said, I'm thinking we may need to get a top flight WR to let VY grow with while he develops as a passer.

The biggest weakness on the team is defense, but I'd argue that the most important is Vince's development, and I think we need to do everything we can to get some playmakers with him. I'm kind of torn on it...I wouldn't mind if we went DL, CB, or WR early to be honest.

Comment

I'm not big on Ginn in our offense, though Young can hurl the ball, and Ginn would certainly be able to run over it. I suppose he would be good for loosening the defense. But I honestly prefer Meachem, who is almost as fast but bigger. He's not very physical though, so if we draft Bowe instead, who is a beast, I wouldn't be upset. In fact, his blocking would help us beyond his WR stats. He could be another Hines Ward type.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobertchin View Post
                                I'm not big on Ginn in our offense, though Young can hurl the ball, and Ginn would certainly be able to run over it. I suppose he would be good for loosening the defense. But I honestly prefer Meachem, who is almost as fast but bigger. He's not very physical though, so if we draft Bowe instead, who is a beast, I wouldn't be upset. In fact, his blocking would help us beyond his WR stats. He could be another Hines Ward type.
                                my wish list for reciever goes
                                meachem
                                bowe
                                ginn
                                jarrett

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information