Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree they go hand in hand but the problem tonight was the coverage. Our linebackers are useless when they drop back. Look at how many throws went to the middle of the field, then look how WIDE OPEN the middle was. Jerod Mayo looked like a damn fool on that 4th down play in the end zone. It was a blatant pass interference and we are lucky it wasn't called. He never even knew where the ball was.

And onto our corners. Big problems there. We play them 10 yards off very frequently and Blake Mitchell saw that and attacked it. Then on the occasion that we do put them up on the line in press, they get whipped. Look at the Willingham forced fumble that we recovered. The receiver ran a slant, Willingham tried to jam him and completely whiffed. Luckily he didn't give up on the play.

Another thing I noticed with our corners is that when we play them up, they bail on routes immediately. They don't even go into their backpedal. As soon as the receiver starts his route, they would turn and run which is great if the WR is running a deep route, but there is NO WAY you can stop underneath routes if you turn your hips and bail on it that quickly.

We were very lucky that our secondary wasn't exposed more than it was. Mitchell misfired on alot of throws to open WR's downfield.

Comment

• By the way all of those issues that I talked about are technique related. I'll let you figure out where that comes from.

Comment

• Yeah, Chavis isn't making himself look good at all out there. I wish he was more passionate. When Auburn beat Florida, their DC was all over the sideline yelling and clapping. Whenever a positive play happened, he jump up and down and pump the defense up. Meanwhile, The Chief is relaxing on the sideline and hoping they'll be ok.
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Larry Slade is terrible also.

Don't you get a lil tired of Cutcliffe's Horizontal Offense, too? I mean, he has improved Ainge since he got here, but the offensive playcalling seems awful conservative. We have to run the safest routes in the country. Everything is a 5 yard out, or a comeback, or a swing route by the HB, or even a drag route. We throw 1 fade to Lucas Taylor per game it seems.

Every aspect of our team just seems so conservative and soft it drives me insane. Conservative on offense, conservative on defense, ****** on special teams (except tonight), soft on both lines of scrimmage.

Quote of the day from Fulmer - "There won't be a letdown in this game"

Ok Phil whatever you say. I think the sign of bad coaching is that we are terrible after halftime when the other teams have a chance to adjust.

Comment

• I also thought it was hilarious when after the game Phil said "The defense kept us in the game"

What the hell was he watching?

Comment

• Phil's one liners are great. I remember the comback at LSU. It was the first game back for LSU after Katrina, and the place was crazy. Ainge was cracking, so Rick Clausen was put in and he led us to a comeback. Then after the game, Fulmer was interviewed and said the Clausen leading the comback against his former team was the top story in football right now. Afterwards, commentators everywhere trashed him for not mentioning Katrina, LSU's character, or anything. Fulmer lives in his own world.

Who is Larry Slade? The DB coach? The playcalling in conservative, but it has to be. Lucas Taylor seems to be our only quality receiver, and everyone else are average at best. I don't understand why we don't hammer the ball when we have 3 quality backs. But, it's an improvement over Randy Sanders so I'm ok with it. Besides, we've put up a lot of points this year with less than stellar offensive talent. If only our defense would prevent the other team from putting up 40+.

Also, if Arian Foster fumbles on one more crucial point in a game, I'ma go crazy.
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• good lord, the vols have no place being anywhere near the SEC championship...

Comment

• Montario Hardesty needs more carries. But he may have gotten injured last night cause I remember him limping off.

Comment

• Eric Berry is our best defensive player as a freshman. just think when he's a junior or senior.

Comment

• lamarcus coker was dismissed from the team. apparently he failed his FOURTH DRUG TEST...

Comment

• Yeah, Coker's gone. I don't know if he failed another drug test, but he did miss his drug counseling/rehab meeting. It may have been a combo of both though.

It looks like Hardesty and Creer will get more carries. I love the way Hardesty runs, and I think Creer can be the big play back that Coker was.

As for the win this past Saturday, it was a good ego booster and stat padder. Arkansas will be a different story though, and frankly, I'm not looking forward to seeing our defense falling over itself while attempting to tackle Darren McFadden and Felix Jones...
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• we need to put 9 in the box against arkansas, because frankly casey dick throwing the ball doesnt scare me. anyone know if monk is back and 100%? he dominated us last year.

Comment

• i put a mock up in the mock forum. check it out if youre curious.

Comment

• God I can't wait for the college basketball regular season to start. If we don't do extremely well this year it's gonna be a huge disappointment.

Comment

• Memphis and Tennessee both in the Top 10...Gotta love it!
                                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information