Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Peterson would be interesting. But, with the success of like programs such as BYU and Utah, it's hard to gauge whether his success is relatively over-rated. I would prefer him over BYU's Bronco Mendenhall due to Peterson's prolonged success.

In recruiting news, Tahj Boyd, 4* Dual-Threat QB, has commited to the Vols!

Tennessee currently has the nation's 6th best recruiting class. LSU is the only SEC team better at #4. Bama is #7. Georgia is #8. Auburn #10. Arkansas #13. South Carolina #15. Florida #20. Miss. State #21.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Fulmer is officially announcing today that he will step down as head coach after this season. I have a feeling that recruiting class is going to fall apart.
      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
      RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Recent recruits like David Oku and Tahj Boyd will likely stay comitted, as they made their decision keeping the chance that Fulmer would not be there in mind.

Though, recruits like Jarvis Giles and guys who comitted early will look at other schools and switch if they feel it's in their best interest.

Bottom line is that they need to get their new guy quickly. They can't wait until two weeks before recruiting ends to bring in a guy like they did with Clawson last year.

And the thing is that guys at other programs like Chris Peterson will not want to show interest in the UT job because they have current ranked teams to attend to and won't want to give his the players the feeling that he'll ditch them for a better job. So we'll have to wait til season's end to make that kind of hire official, and recruits will have made their minds up by then.

My candidate is Will Muschamp. He's coaching at Texas, but he's not the HC or even a coordinator. We can bring him in earlier than a head coach from another school. He's a SEC guy who's coached in the conference and knows these offenses and how to stop them. Saban was a defensive mind, and he's done wonders for Alabama. And Titans fans can appreciate a great defense over a great offense. Plus, UT's AD Mike Hamilton took a fiery personality like Bruce Pearl to coach basketball. I don't think Muchamp jumping around on the sidelines will turn him off, and that type of personality will draw recruits in.
        Last edited by TitanHope; 11-03-2008, 05:45 PM.
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• So.... the Vols got beat at homecoming by Wyoming today. Now there will be no bowl game. I didn't get to see the game but for them to lose 13-7 to Wyoming is just pitiful. Looking over the box score just makes my eyes want to bleed. Hopefully they just suck and didn't completely give up on the season.
          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• I didn't even know Wyoming had a football team...

After all, no one remembers that Wyoming's a state except for people who live in Wyoming. You remember when you were in school and labeling a map of the U.S. by memory for Geography class? And there was always like that one state that you're like, "Oh, that's Montana!," but then realize you have Montana labeled? Yeah, that state is Wyoming dude.
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Well, well, well. A UT win today. Eric Berry is still a baller, and our QB situation is still in a shambles, but we still find a way to win. Too bad they couldn't beat Wyoming or they'd still be in bowl contention.
              RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Eric Berry, Malcolm Jenkins, and Taylor Mays are the finalists for the Thorpe Award.

Hope Berry isn't passed over just because he's the underclassmen of the bunch.
                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Eric Berry>Malcolm Jenkins>Taylor Mays

That should be the final order.
                  RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Lane Kiffin is the new head coach at Tennessee. Apparently Monty Kiffin and Ed Orgeron are coming with him on the staff.
                    RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                      Lane Kiffin is the new head coach at Tennessee. Apparently Monty Kiffin and Ed Orgeron are coming with him on the staff.
                      That would be a pretty stout coaching staff with the three of them. Lane calling the offense, Monte and Ed Oregeron controlling the defense.

Comment

• Hard to see Kiffin leave the Pros for NCAA, even with the prospect of coaching with his son. But, it could happen, and UT could pay just as much, if not more, than the Pro teams do.

Ed Ogeron is a tremendous recruiter. Maybe we can finally land some big time DL's with him as DC/DL coach, and hopefully he can use Ben Martin and Dan Williams to their potential.

Nevertheless, Chavis is a damn good DC, and has the Vols DEF ranked in the Top 10 in the NCAA, if I'm not mistaken.
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                          Nevertheless, Chavis is a damn good DC, and has the Vols DEF ranked in the Top 10 in the NCAA, if I'm not mistaken.
                          The announcer just said we are #6 in the nation in total defense. Just think how good they could've been with some semblance of an offense to keep them off the field.
                          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• What team kidnapped the Vols offense and played instead tonight?
                            RIP themaninblack

Comment

• I dunno man, but it sure feels right to send Fulmer out with a win!
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                                I dunno man, but it sure feels right to send Fulmer out with a win!
                                Yeah, I was very happy for Fulmer. I also liked how the players seemed really happy for him too. But hey, I wouldn't care if I got fired from my job if it meant I could be interviewed by Erin Andrews that much. :D
                                RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information