This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, Erin... <3

Oh, and did anyone catch the Kiffin interview on the ESPN CFB show? He said he was on the phone recruiting last night, and that after the interview he'd be on a plane to Memphis to watch a basketball game.

Gotta think he was referring to 5* WR Marlon Brown who's a two-sport star in football and basketball. Word is that Brown very much wants to play both in college.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
      Ah, Erin... <3

Oh, and did anyone catch the Kiffin interview on the ESPN CFB show? He said he was on the phone recruiting last night, and that after the interview he'd be on a plane to Memphis to watch a basketball game.

Gotta think he was referring to 5* WR Marlon Brown who's a two-sport star in football and basketball. Word is that Brown very much wants to play both in college.
      Definitely. He's getting started on building that "fence around Tennessee" that he was talking about in his presser.
      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
      RIP themaninblack

Comment

• I missed the presser, unfortunately. Hoping to catch it on YouTube when someone gets it up.

But, I did see part of it on ESPN where Kiff ripped Al Davis, lol! Priceless!
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Alright since I don't live in the Music City I don't really know what the opinions are but would like to know. What do you guys think about the Vols signing of Lane Kiffin? Good move? Bad move? If he brings his pops to run the defense?

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
          Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
            Alright since I don't live in the Music City I don't really know what the opinions are but would like to know. What do you guys think about the Vols signing of Lane Kiffin? Good move? Bad move? If he brings his pops to run the defense?
            I'm iffy. I know his recruiting abilities are top notch and so is the staff that he's putting together. I only question his gameday coaching abilities, but I will give him his fair shot before I judge him on that. I also question whether or not he's here for the long haul. I kinda think this is more of a stepping stone in his journey as opposed to where he wants to be long-term like Fulmer did. Most people around here seem to like the hire.
            RIP themaninblack

Comment

• It's a popular pick here in Chattanooga too.

I reflect VDM's caution about Kiffin's long-term desires. He's young, and from what I gather, ambitious. He's not an alumnus, so there's no sentimental attachment. If he has the success like Nick Saban has at Bama, will he return to the NFL? He was fired by Al Davis, and didn't leave voluntarily like Saban and Petrino did. Though, that type of experience may have given him perspective, and he may have decided that college is best for him. Especially now that he's making more money than he did at Oakland. Even if he does leave after a couple of seasons, at least he'll have recruited top talent for his replacement.

Kiffin was my 2nd choice. My rank went Will Muschamp, Kiffin, and then Mike Leach. I think he has good character, is a great recruiter, and will be surrounded by an amazing coaching staff. He'll be fine.

The real question is - Will he be an improvement over Fulmer?
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Poor Eric... He deserved that award.
                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• The fact that Mauluga won best defensive player proves the awards are a joke. Eric Berry was unfairly penalized for the rest of his teams play.
                  RIP themaninblack

Comment

• The Vols ranked 4th in the nation in total defense, so it's not like he was an amazing player on a horrendous DEF. He was the leader of one of the best defenses in the nation.

On the other hand, these awards are highly advantageous towards upperclassmen. As a sophomore, Berry was at a big disadvantage going up against Jenkins who's been a stalwart on OSU's DEF for four years.
                    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Goin to the Vandy/Boston College bowl game in Nashville today! Whoo! It may not be a Titans game, but it'll feel good to be in LP Coliseum!
                      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Nice. I need BC to win for my bowl pick 'em so you know who I'll be rooting for! ;)
                        RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Lol, I have a feelin' you may have a safe pick there. Oh, and if you guys hear a lot of screaming for DJ Moore, that's me so don't talk bad about me, mkay? :D
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• As long as you convince him to tell every team not named the Titans to pass on him during the draft.
                            RIP themaninblack

Comment

• How was it TH? Did you hear D.J. Moore declared in a post-game interview with ESPN? Boston College may have screwed me out of some money.
                              RIP themaninblack

Comment

• DJisaGOD!

I heard rumors of that as I was leaving the stadium, but no one knew if it was true or not. Stoked to learn that it's true! I thought he had an excellent game. Which brings me to...

I nearly had a ******* heart attack when he injured his ankle on that INT play. It was an unbelievable play though! DJ was in a deep zone and the BC receiver ran a slant route. So the receiver was in front of him, and I thought he was gonna be out of position. The BC QB passed to the receiver, and all of the sudden DJ was on him, deflected the ball towards one of his teammates, and the ball was INT. It was crazy! The Vandy fans went crazy, but I kinda just sat and clapped after seeing a good play. But, I was the first and maybe only one who was paying attention to the players leaving the field, and I saw DJ hoping on one leg to the sideline. So while all the Vandy fans were celebrating and high-fiving each other, I was the one guy screaming, "DEEEEE JAYYYYYzzz!!! NoesZZzZz!!!"

Needless to say, I was hella relieved to see DJ come back into the game for a few more plays, but he was eventually taken out around the mid-3rd QTR. Boy is this kid good. He's not a Titans CB though, but that isn't necessarily a knock on him. I'm just saying he's not a Finnegan, Harper, or a King and possesses that physicality that those guys have. But, PacMan wasn't that kind of CB either, and that's who DJ reminds me of. Not the most physical guy, but is lockdown in coverage and will come up and make the tackle when he needs to. DJ is a better tackler than PacMan too. We all know how good PacMan would have been if he wasn't a headcase, and if DJ is that caliber of player in the NFL, then we'd have a stud.

The game itself was a lot of fun. BJ Raji really impressed, and though I've heard a lot of this Herzlich LB from BC, he was invisible for most of the game - at least until he was called for two consecutive personal fouls that put Vandy in position to kick their GW field goal.

But God was it cold...
                                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information