Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennessee basketball is in for a loooong season.
    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
    RIP themaninblack

Comment

• The team isn't having the same success as last season, but hopefully taking their lumps early will pay off later.

Also, I have news of the awesomeness variety!

Lane Kiffin and wife give birth to baby boy, named Monte Knox Kiffin!
      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• UT hires Alabama linebackers coach Thompson
        By Drew Edwards (Contact)
        Originally published 01:48 p.m., January 15, 2009
        Updated 04:27 p.m., January 15, 2009

Tennessee added another high-profile recruiter to its staff on Thursday, a source close to the situation confirmed.

Alabama outside linebackers coach Lance Thompson is expected to join UT coach Lane Kiffin's staff, perhaps as linebackers coach.

Thompson, 43, was named Rivals.com's recruiter of the year in 2008 for his efforts in helping the Crimson Tide land the recruiting Website's No. 1-rated class last year.

Thompson recruited primarily in South Alabama and helped the Tide land wide receiver Julio Jones, the SEC's freshman of the year in 2008.

According to Rivals, Thompson recruited 10 of Alabama's 32 signees last year.

"I appreciate this recognition from Rivals, but it should really go to our entire staff and to the University of Alabama," Thompson said at the time through Alabama's media relations office.

UT's plane spent part of Thursday in Tuscaloosa, Ala., and returned to Knoxville early Thursday afternoon.

The Vols have room for at least two more coaches, depending on the status of running backs coach Stan Drayton, the only remaining member of last year's staff.

Thompson has been at Alabama since January 2007, although the Georgia native also coached the defensive line there from 1999-2000.

He was a member of Nick Saban's LSU staff in 2002 and 2003, serving as the Tigers' assistant head coach in charge of recruiting for one year before becoming defensive coordinator at UCF from 2004-06.

Thompson's longest stay was at Georgia Tech, where he was a graduate assistant from 1988-89, a volunteer assistant from 1990-91 and director of football of football operations from 1992-94 before becoming an on-field assistant in 1995.

All told, The Citadel graduate spent 11 years on the staff at Georgia Tech.
        2008 Recruiter of the year, and has brought in a couple of 5-star recruits for Bama this year. Certainly an excellent hire by Kiffin!
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Yeah, next years draft class should be sick.
          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• I'm calling it right now. Next season, we're gonna have the #1 recruiting class in the SEC. Every coach that's been brought in, aside from Monte Kiffin, is an elite coordinator. Lane Kiffin, Ed Ogeron, the Purdue dude, Lance Thompson, and Reeves from South Carolina was one of their top recruiters. I think only the OL coach Kregg that Kiffin brought from Oakland isn't a great recruiter. Heck, I think we're the only school that currently has 2 Recruiter of the Year's.

I admit, I thought Fulmer didn't deserve to be fired. But, I'm STOKED about the future now!
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Damn, I said next years draft class meaning recruiting class. I'm an idiot!
              RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Here's my current Vols depth chart:

QB: Coleman, Crompton, Stephens
                RB: Hardesty, Creer, Poole/Freshman
                WR1: Gerald Jones, Quintin Hancock/Ahmad Paige
                WR2: Denarius Moore, James Green
                Slot: Marsalis Teague, Nuke Richardson
                TE: Branden Warren, Jeff Cottam/Luke Stocker, Aaron Douglas
                LT: Chris Scott, JerQuari Schofield
                LG: Vlad Richardson, Cody Sullins
                C: Josh McNeil, Cody Pope
                RG: Jacques McClendon, Preston Bailey
                RT: Darius Myers, Jarrod Shaw

RE: Ben Martin, Chris Walker
                NT: Dan Williams, Donald Langley
                UT: Andre Mathis, Chase Nelson
                LE: Wes Brown, Gerald Williams
                WLB: Rico McCoy, Savion Frazier
                MLB: Chris Donald, Rod Wilks
                SLB: Jerod Askew, LaMarcus Thompson
                CB1: Dennis Rogan, Marsalous Johnson
                CB2: Brent Vinson, Art Evans/CJ Fleming
                NB: Janzen Jackson, Eric Gordon
                FS: Demetrice Morely, Nyshier Oliver
                SS: Eric Berry, Darren Myles

This is the rough draft, but spring will give us a clearer idea on who'll likely start and who won't. Especially curious to see which freshman redshirt and which don't. Personally, I love Jerod Askew and think he can start at SLB day one. I hope Chris Donald can work his way into the starting MLB role, or at least get playing time this season. I wonder how the OL fits Kiffin's scheme. Vlad Richards should take over LG easily, but RT is up for the best man to take. Janzen Jackson is a huge get for us, and I wouldn't be surprised if he takes over Vinson's starting CB spot.
                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Looks like a pretty solid depth chart. The only thing that might change is at TE. I think Kiffin might tinker with moving Brandon Warren to WR. I've also heard slight rumbling of Aaron Douglas being moved to OT but that just might be someone starting a false rumor.
                  RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Thanks ya kindly!

I've heard the rumor about Douglas moving to OT too, but I've also heard one about him moving to DE. *shrug* I have no clue what Kiffin will decide to do, but thankfully TE recruits can transfer to many different positions easily.

As for Warren, I've heard about him moving to WR, moving to DE, or bulking up and staying at TE. I gots no clue, but I left him at TE for convenience sake - even if he's a slot receiver or something.
                    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Just when the men's basketball team looks like they are starting to get it together, they go and lose to Auburn....

ugh.
                      RIP themaninblack

Comment

• They're a big ******* tease is what they is! Grrrrrrr!!!
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• This is a hilarious read guys - Kiffin's apology to Urban Meyer.

But that's not all, Urbie. Iím coming into your backyard. Iím going after your recruits, and I swear to Pete Carroll that if we are bombing you by 40 and I have all of my timeouts with less than a minute left, I will call all three timeouts while Ed Orgeron power-bombs Albert the Gator and the entire team gets Kiffy with it in the end zone. I have never been more serious about anything in my life.

Anyways, I've got to run. Got a study session on SEC rules and regulations. Nu'Keese and Marsalis send their best.
                          :D

In NBA news, apparently the Grizzlies were wanting to trade for Amare Stoudemire (sp?). The Suns wanted Rudy *** (I love Ruday, but Amare is worth it), Hakim Warrick (Has exploded this season, so him an Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Ruday(!) would be rough), and Mike Conley Jr. (Oh hell to the naw). Basically trade the future of the franchise aside from OJ Mayo for one player. Amare is a beast, but I'm glad they passed.
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• I haven't been following the Grizzlies. How are they dealing having Conley and Mayo at the same time?
                            RIP themaninblack

Comment

• They're managing well for a freakishly young team. They've been playing Conley at PG, Mayo at SG, and Rudy Goulet at SF. Conley actually just earned the starting spot away from Kyle Lowry, so if we did deal Conley, it wouldn't be a big deal.
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• TH! I created a profile over at VN finally. I'd been lurking there for a while. I saw one of your posts and figured I should just go ahead and sign up.
                                RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information