This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
    Lol, I was surprised no one picked Pinder before me. That was a strict BPA pick. :D

Oh, and guess who's in the NFLDC Ultimate Fantasy Football League Championship?
    Nice! Me too. It's myself, the sixth seed in a six team playoff, and my friend who had the fifth seed.

I guess bye weeks and home field advantage don't matter in FF! ;)
    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
    RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
      Nice! Me too. It's myself, the sixth seed in a six team playoff, and my friend who had the fifth seed.

I guess bye weeks and home field advantage don't matter in FF! ;)
      Pssh, speak for yourself. I was a 2 Seed! :D

Oh, and does anyone else laugh when Cigaro posts in the "Vols under investigation, yadda yadda" thread he created with another link to ESPN where they just mention possible punishment for Lane Kiffin and the Vols? It's as if to say, "It's still not completely dead! There's still HOPE everybody! I have a boner just thinking about it!!!"
      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Pssh, speak for yourself. I was a 2 Seed! :D

Oh, and does anyone else laugh when Cigaro posts in the "Vols under investigation, yadda yadda" thread he created with another link to ESPN where they just mention possible punishment for Lane Kiffin and the Vols? It's as if to say, "It's still not completely dead! There's still HOPE everybody! I have a boner just thinking about it!!!"
        I think the fact that we've heard basically zilch since the whole thing started speaks volumes.
        RIP themaninblack

Comment

I think the fact that we've heard basically zilch since the whole thing started speaks volumes.
          I think some people think the NCAA is some all-powerful power who send out investigators in black suits and ties who wear sunglasses to do their bidding. When in fact, the range of their ability stops at bullying a college athlete and suspending him for a year. They can't force credit card companies to pony up a customer's charge history, or get a hotel or gas station to fork over any records (And that's if there's even a paper trail, which I doubt. If Kiffin sent them, he'd have given them cash and not involved credit cards). They'll have to get someone to talk, whether it's a coach, one of the hostesses, or a recruit or the recruit's family.

The only shot for a major violation would be bullying a recruit into cracking, which I doubt will happen since no one wants their name tied to this thing - especially if something scandalous went down. They don't wanna be known at their next college for being the buy who got with that hostess (Or maybe they do? I dunno). This screams "Impermissible Contact," which is a secondary violation. Of course, that's just a Vol fan using logic, which is blatant homersim outside of this thread.

And in actuality, the biggest punishment is this story coming out during the recruiting "Dead Period," where coaches can't contact recruits. So while Kiffin and the university is being slandered, they're not able to defend themselves to the recruits. Now Willis is supposedly wavering, Markeith Ambles is rumored to be looking around, and improving our standering with non-committed recruits is hampered. Plus, we've lost guys too, although that may have to do with coaching losses more than this. The effect on recruiting is worse than any secondary violation this may be.

Also...

ALL-PRO!!!
          Last edited by TitanHope; 12-23-2009, 08:11 PM.
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Well, thanks to the butt whooping we took last night from Sproles and Gates, I'm beating thebow 48.00-0. Tully got me 8.50 filling in for Bulluck, and KVB got me 2.00.

How your team doin' Voodoo?
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Congrats on your SWDC fantasy championship TH! You must be so proud.

I'm ahead in my match up by 35.14 points. No players left. He has AD left tomorrow night. I'm nervous, don't know if I'll make it 24 more hours. lol
              RIP themaninblack

Comment

Congrats on your SWDC fantasy championship TH! You must be so proud.

I'm ahead in my match up by 35.14 points. No players left. He has AD left tomorrow night. I'm nervous, don't know if I'll make it 24 more hours. lol
                Thank ya! I really had no business winning this thing. I missed the draft, lost my 1st RD pick Michael Turner for a good chunk of the season and replaced him with Justin Fargas, and then won the championship with guys like Aaron Brown at RB and Josh Cribbs at W/R, lol. I'm proud of doin' it though! Especially against guys on this site who all know their stuff.

And I think ya got yours wrapped up Drew, lol.
                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Yes, I am also champion of my league!

It really was a Cinderella season. After starting the season 0-3 and claiming the very last playoff spot in my league due to controversial tie-breaker, team Touchdownmypants aka the 6th seeded slayers ran through the gauntlet and won every playoff game as the decided underdog.

Awesome. Can't wait to defend my championship next year.
                  RIP themaninblack

Comment

Yes, I am also champion of my league!

It really was a Cinderella season. After starting the season 0-3 and claiming the very last playoff spot in my league due to controversial tie-breaker, team Touchdownmypants aka the 6th seeded slayers ran through the gauntlet and won every playoff game as the decided underdog.

Awesome. Can't wait to defend my championship next year.
                    Congrats dude!

Oh, and I GOT MAH REP BOOST!!! Rep all around!
                    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• This would be a big win if we could get it. Go Big Orange!
                      RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Damn, we got our ass TOOK last night. It became hard to watch in the 4th QTR. :(
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Kiffin to U$C.

**** on a God damn dick our recruiting class will probably be royally ****** now with 2 weeks til signing day.
                          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Still can't get on Volnation, but I'm not sure if I want to. Probably just a bunch of people freaking out.

Oh well, what goes around comes around. I think we dogged Fulmer, and now we get dogged by Kiffin and Co. Lets hope Hamilton does it right this time, recruiting class be damned.
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Still can't get on Volnation, but I'm not sure if I want to. Probably just a bunch of people freaking out.

Oh well, what goes around comes around. I think we dogged Fulmer, and now we get dogged by Kiffin and Co. Lets hope Hamilton does it right this time, recruiting class be damned.
                              If you were AD, who would be your first 5 calls?
                              RIP themaninblack

Comment

If you were AD, who would be your first 5 calls?
                                1. Phillip Fulmer - If he's not got a coaching job lined up, then ask him to come on in some administrative capacity to help find a new guy.

2. Will Muschamp - You gotta make the calls, even if the shot isn't as good. 'Champ may be the future, but who knows when Mack Brown retires? The resources at Tennessee and the SEC stage rivals what Texas and the Big 12 provide. It's just recruiting at Texas is sooo much easier, since the in-state talent funnels in there.

3. Jim Harbaugh - Another call ya gotta make. He's the hottest name in coaching, so offer him whatever it takes. UT will have a lot of USC money to throw at the next coach, so money isn't an issue. I don't see Stanford being able to keep up with USC, Oregon, Washington, and UCLA long term. We'll give him a bathroom on every hallway on every floor if he wants.

4. John Gruden - He's got UT ties, and I think would do good in college. Gotta buy out his ESPN contract, which wouldn't be an issue, and he's a big name who could help save the class. His intensity would help in recruiting too.

5. Gary Patterson/Chris Peterson/Skip Holtz - All have done well at their non-BCS schools, and have shown the ability to build winning programs.

How 'bout you Voodoo?
                                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information