If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Okay, I got some questions about recruiting since I'm relatively new to following it....
1) What happens if a school over signs?
2) WTF is the difference between a soft and hard commit?
3) Out of those guys you posted Voodoo, who has the best chance to sign?
1) They can either let kids out of their scholarship to attend a school elsewhere(I know LSU did this with a recruit last year). They can greyshirt a kid which basically means the player pays his own way for the first semester of school and then picks up a scholarship after that. Or they can place some kids in JUCO or prep school.
2) A soft commit is usually given to a player that is wavering in their commitment or is taking visits to other schools. A hard commit is basically a player that people have a good idea on in terms of them not backing out or wavering on their commitment.