Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DE/OLB Chris Walker signs with the Ravens, and ILB Nick Reveiz signs with the Buccaneers (where I believe both Rico McCoy and the Dennis Rogan [<333] are on the PS for)!

I hate the Ravens, but man is that fortunate for Walker.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48275

Thoughts? I think I'm doin' fairly good for a pro guy in his 1st college fantasy draft. :D

As long as Arky doesn't bomb...
      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• I'm officially anti-Justin Wilcox.

The guy could stop Oregon in back-to-back seasons with the meager talent at Boise St., yet he's getting the best talent he's ever had and is being trampled in the SEC. Say what you want about the lack of talent at Tennessee compared to the rest of the SEC, but this is why Wilcox was seen as such a great hire. He got the most out of the least.

Harry Hiestand absolutely should be gone at season's end. He doesn't have a single commitment to his name in this class, and the OL is a mess. I can stomach Wilcox being given one more year with a year with more experience to prove he's a SEC DC, but not Hiestand. We shoulda seen this coming when we hired the OL Coach from the Bears.
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• I'm down with Hiestand being gone. And one or two more coaches possibly... I just hope we beat Vandy (Sad, I know) so we can get those bowl practices. This young team really needs that extra work.
          Also, I hope we close this recruiting class strong. We could still use a couple of more JUCOs and a playmaking running back.
          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Alright Vol fans. The time has come. Who is our next head coach?

The obvious names will be thrown around for sure. (Gruden, Patterson, Petersen, Strong, Mullen, etc.) But let's hear some other names.

I'm intrigued by Pat Fitzgerald. He's young, has a defensive background, and if you can win at Northwestern you should be able to win at UT.
            RIP themaninblack

Comment

• I was hoping for 8-4 this year, and winning the bowl game to end 9-4. Maybe even get 10 wins. But it looks like it'll be 7-5, and with no major injuries, that is just pathetic. I wouldn't mind losses like tonight if Dooley would EVER win against a team that's projected to win against us. But he doesn't, and he doesn't even consistently beat teams we should win against. Mississippi St. is a team we should have beaten.

I like the sound of Pat Fitzgerald a lot. Gary Patterson would be my #1 guy, and perhaps he'd come if we don't ask him with just weeks before signing day. Gruden and Peterson seem like pipe dreams. I think Baylor's Art Briles should also be on the radar. David Cutcliffe, Dan Mullen, and Charlie Strong are two guys who would jump at the job in a millisecond.

As long as we don't hire a coordinator to become a 1st time HC under us. I don't want to wait while he gets his feet under him.
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                I was hoping for 8-4 this year, and winning the bowl game to end 9-4. Maybe even get 10 wins. But it looks like it'll be 7-5, and with no major injuries, that is just pathetic. I wouldn't mind losses like tonight if Dooley would EVER win against a team that's projected to win against us. But he doesn't, and he doesn't even consistently beat teams we should win against. Mississippi St. is a team we should have beaten.

I like the sound of Pat Fitzgerald a lot. Gary Patterson would be my #1 guy, and perhaps he'd come if we don't ask him with just weeks before signing day. Gruden and Peterson seem like pipe dreams. I think Baylor's Art Briles should also be on the radar. David Cutcliffe, Dan Mullen, and Charlie Strong are two guys who would jump at the job in a millisecond.

As long as we don't hire a coordinator to become a 1st time HC under us. I don't want to wait while he gets his feet under him.
                This is huge for me as well. It's why I detest talk of Kirby Smart. Especially since I believe Saban has his fingers more on that defense than people think.
                I also don't want any more first time coordinators. I think Sal is showing that that matters at the coordinator positions in the SEC as well.
                I hope whomever takes the coaching position strongly considers keeping Graham and Pittman, though.
                RIP themaninblack

Comment

• I'm very much wondering what Hart will decide with Dooley. If we get to 7-5, and then go on to the Liberty Bowl/MCB and win it, then we'll finish 8-5. Perhaps that'll be enough for Dooley to remain, especially if Hart doesn't feel like he can get a coach he wants. I'm not sure I want to fire Dooley just to fire him.

But if he doesn't land some quality DB's and pass-rushers in recruiting, then he deserves to be fired just on principle. We need some defensive playmakers in the worst way. Kameron Miles is a nice start, especially if he can play CB, and Jason Carr looks like a prototypical 5-tech, but hopefully the staff, whoever it may be, finishes strong.
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• **** Derek Dooley. I just felt that needed to be said.

Comment

• I won't feel one ounce of pity for him when he's let go. Not only did the team horrifically underachieve, but this is arguably the worst coaching performance over the course of a season that I've ever witnessed. It's hard for me to fathom how a team can improve in talent and still regress.
                      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information