Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah. I think EVERYONE knew it was over after the 3rd quarter.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
      35-18

But most of their points came at the end against our backups
      Yeah I was at that game and Fulmer pulled most of the starters in the 3rd quarter...It was the biggest domination I have seen in a while. Cal looked like they got ran over by a train, they couldnt handle our size, speed and the atmosphere that day at Neyland

hope it isnt the other way around this year...im scared about the unknown this year
      Sig by PitBull

All-hail Bulluck

Comment

• 45-31... *sigh*

A few things I realized:

1) Our defense definitely declined from last year. They'd miss tackles, and didn't look fast at all. Got little pressure from the front four, and the potential loss of Xavier Mitchell will make that even worse. Every where else looked average at best. If this unit doesn't improve, Tim Tebow is gonna have a field day.

2) Our secondary showed their size. They covered fairly well, especially against those WR's, aside from a pass interference penalty. But, they could not shed a block to save their lives! Add that to their poor tackling skills, and they made Forsett look like a Mack truck. Which leads me to...

3) START ERIC BERRY!!!

4) We have absolutely no play makers at WR. Taylor, Briscoe, and Rogers were ok, but there were no threats when it came to a big play. Just a 10 yard pass, and hopefully a missed tackle for an extra 5 yards. Someone better emerge or its going to be a long season. I mean, the RB was a bigger threat to score when he was receiving out of the backfield. Which also brings me to...

5) When did Ainge become Captain Checkdown?! A Piece of advice for Mr. Ainge: When its 3rd and 12, don't, for the love of everything holy, throw the ball 3 yards to your RB who's got a man covering him! I know you have little to work with when it comes to your receivers, but c'mon! You're down by two TD's! Maybe, and I know this sounds crazy, but maybe throwing the ball to someone who's past the 1st down marker, even if they're covered fairly well, has a better chance of making the 1st down than hoping your 230 pound RB can break a tackle, and then run the extra 9 yards to prolong your drive?

6) It was very unwise to punt it to Desean Jackson. If he even got a relatively good return, the crowd would be pumped up for at least 2 more possessions. Let alone score a TD on it! Way to show your arrogance and challenge him, and then wuss out the rest of the game by pooching it out of bounds.

7) Are Herbstreit and Musberger(sp?) on California's payroll? I mean, they were making the game sound like it was over after Cal's first 2 scores. Not to mention all the "Wow!"s, "What an amazing play!"'s, "The Wizard of Returns!", and any other superlative after almost every other positive play Cal produced. I never really bought into the "West Coast Bias" argument, but after seeing replay after replay of Cal plays, and all the attention paid to their players, I'm a believer.

That was sloppy playing. It was not Tennessee football. But hey, it could be worse. We could be Michigan.
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• EB = BEAST!!! Great game tonight had one hell of a time.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
          XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
          Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
          http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by islandboy843 View Post
            Most of yall live in Tenn right?
            Maryland. Lived here my whole life. When I first started getting into football the Oilers were my best friend's favorite team so I've stuck with them the whole time.

Comment

• New year, same problems. Time for Fulmer and Chavis to go. We need new blood in our coaching staff.

Comment

• Hefney looked lost out there. Mayo had a few TFL, but whiffed on a couple tackles. Ryan Karl didn't do jack ****. Tackling was terrible, and they gashed us on outside runs, especially when they faked the handoff to the FB and pitched to the RB. Bolden and Mapu got owned all night. DE's got no pass rush at all and didn't play contain, though Mitchell had a couple decent plays. We could have used Ben Martin. And yes, Eric Berry needs to be starting immediately.

Special teams are terrible just like they are every since year. Yet we still have no special teams coach after all these terrible seasons. It would have been even worse if Foster hadn't had a couple nice returns. Lincoln has a very weak kickoff leg. Every kickoff was fielded at the 15 or better, then returned to around the 40-45.

The only issue on offense appears to be crappy wide receivers. Lucas Taylor was alright, but he's not gonna command special attention. The older WR's are all average and best, and that is being kind. We DESPERATELY need the young WR's to get their asses in gear. O'Neal, Vinson, GJones, and Paige all have 10x the talent that Rogers, Taylor and Briscoe have. I thought the OL and RB's looked fine. Run blocking could have been slightly better, but it wasn't bad. Pass blocking was great.

Pro scouts will be very impressed with Ainge's command of this offense. He ran the no huddle flawlessly. No delay of game penalties, no wasted timeouts that I can remember. He was in total control and seemed mentally sharp. He was very accurate on his throws as well. He needs to work on throwing on the move. Would like to see him go deep a few more times, but I don't see the talent at WR to get deep separation consistently. We don't have a Robert Meachem. We don't even have a Jayson Swain. Not yet anyway. Chris Brown did look solid last night though. That's all I got.

Comment

• The red-zone offense was bad. No more "Wild Cat"-esque formations involving Lucas Taylor; I'd like to see Eric Berry in his role.

The reason Fulmer has kept his job thing long is because of his recruiting abilities. I think Chavis and Cutcliffe are excellent coordinators. No one should be fired after this. It'd sad that the posters on Volnation are calling for Fulmer's head. It was poor execution by our inexperienced players, and none of our experienced players stepped up. The coaching was poor at times, but I'm putting the blame on the player's shoulders.
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• No one is calling for his head after this game that wasn't doing the exact same thing after the 05 season. What good is great recruiting if the players aren't being developed? Where has this great recruiting gotten us the past handful of years? How many SEC titles have we won?

Comment

• You're right. We heven't won a SEC Championship since '98, which is when we won the National Championship. But its not like we haven't been successful. Not to mention we have Georgia and Florida to contend with, just to win the East! And I think the players are being developed pretty well. We send player after player into the NFL. I don't think development is an issue. If not winning the SEC every year is blamed on under-development, then that must mean most coaches suck. Because lets face it. Tennessee, Georgia, and Florida think they'll win the East every year, and the same with LSU, Alabama, and Auburn in the West. Not to mention the other teams on national scene. But, obviously, one team will win it and the others don't. You win some and you lose some. We beat Cal last year, and they beat us this year. That's football. The only issue I have with Fulmer is his motivation skills. He just doesn't seem to get the players motivated. That's the biggest factor in why we lose the big games, in my opinion. When Joe Paterno is leading a pep rally for Penn St., what is Fulmer doin? Leading his spirited speeches of, "We gotta go beat the heck out of that team!" or "Lets go play Tennessee football!"

I like Fulmer, Cutcliffe, and Chavis. We tried new blood, and it led to a 5-6 season. I just don't see any obvious upgrades to our coaching staff that could be available next year. Who would you like to hire to replace what we already have, Pit Bull?
                      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Jarrod Parrish and JT Mapu have been benched.

Dan Williams will be taking Mapu's place at DT next to Bolden, and taking Parrish's spot at SS will be......................

Eric Berry :)

Comment

• ...can't say that I'm ecstatic about him being the SS, but at least he's on the field. I just hope he improves the defense.

I don't know nuttin' about Dan Williams...
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Berry played safety in high school. That's where he primarily played against Cal the other night. We always have our DBs learn multiple positions. Jason Allen did it. Hefney did it.

As long as he's on the field, it's a good thing.

Comment

• Can't argue about any of that. I actually think M. Johnson played well. Coverage didn't bother me. Tackling did. But Berry seemed like he was in on almost every tackle, so hopefully he'll bolster the defense...Man, we have a small secondary...
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• I listened to the Vols game over the radio. Well, I had something to go to so I missed the 2nd Qtr and part of the 3rd. We started out slow, then dominated in the 2nd half. Not unusaul I guess. I can't wait to watch a re-airing of it.
                                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information