The Question Thread????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Question Thread????

In here we can ask a question and find out more about each other etc.

My first Q is. Over the years who has been the most surprising, disappointing and excited about draft picks????

Ive been following the Titans since 03 and watching the draft since the 04 draft so that is what I am going off.

Surprising:- This has to go to both Michael Griffin and Chris Johnson. In 07 I thought we were going to go with either Jon Beason or Dwayne Bowe, we had a need at both positions and I hadnt heard a whisper of us going for Griff. In 08 I thought we were going to go with a WR be it anyone but Johnson has proved to be amazing. Mention also has to go out Kenny Britt, didn't think we were going to go WR lol.

Disappointing:- Chris Henry, he was a total reach and I did not think we needed a RB at all. Mention also has to go out to this years selection of Sen'Derrick Marks because I think we could of picked up better players of need but I'm open to him changing my view.

Exciting:- For me it was a mind blowing draft when we both got Vince Young and LenDale White. I fell in love with both of them in the Rose Bowl and was overjoyed when we got them...amazingly I want them both gone now haha. Also mention has to go to Adam Jones lol.

Basically who ever surprises me will go to the pro bowl and who im excited about will flop :D

Been paying attention to the Draft since about the '05 Draft when we took PacMan. Been a Titans fan since they moved to Tennessee.

Surprising: Gotta go with Griffin too, but I was pleasantly surprised. I had a big mancrush on Griff at Texas, but was almost sure that we'd pick a WR. Both Robert Meachem and Dwayne Bowe were available, and I was hoping for Meachem. I think my post right after the pick was, "Goodbye Lamont!!!" or something, lol. I was also surprised that we traded a 2010 2nd RD'er for Jared Cook. I completely ruled out TE when Bo Scaife was franchised.

Disappointing: Chris Henry. Friggin' Sherman Smith falling in love with this guy, and then bolting for Washington after Henry's rookie season and leaving us with him. I wasn't happy with Chris Johnson, but boy was I wrong. I thought RB was a bit of a luxury pick, but I would have been ok with JStew or Mendenhall. I was afraid CJ would be another workout warrior like Chris Henry.

Exciting: Vince Young and Griff. VY was the QB I was wanting, but after his magical rookie season, he hasn't been the same player. I kinda fell in love with both players after Texas beat USC in the Rose Bowl.

My question: How did ya'll guys get into the NFL Draft and end up on DraftCountdown?

I did it through playing Madden. I loved playing the Franchise mode as the Titans, but eventually, I was enjoying the offseason part more than the actual season and playing the game. I loved signing FA's and drafting rookies for some reason. Eventually, I'd just simulate the entire season just so I could play GM. After researching the actual Draft and trying to find info on the possible Titans pick, I stumbled on NFLDC and have stuck around since.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

To answer Steph's questions:

I have been following the draft since 2002 when we took Haynesworth. And since then, I have to be honest, I've hated most of the Titans first round picks. lol

(Haynesworth, 2002)- I was just getting in to the draft at this point but since I'm a Vols fan I was really excited about the Haynesworth pick and I was kind of surprised he was still available to us.
      (Woolfolk, 2003)- I was pretty "meh" on this pick since we already had our starters and I didn't really know who Woolfolk was. Bustville!
      (Troupe, 2004)- I'm not even going to lie, I was really excited about this pick. I thought there was a chance Troupe could end up better than Kellen Winslow. And after his second season it looked like that was going to become reality. But then Troupe just got miserable from that point on. :(
      (Pacman, 2005)- This was the second most I've ever been surprised by a Titans pick. I was certain we were going with Antrel Rolle or Mike Williams. But when I heard Pacman was the pick I thought it was a reach. Then I heard his interview pretty soon after he was drafted and I knew he was a thug. I was really angry and never supported this pick.
      (VY, 2006)- I wasn't happy with this pick even though I knew it was coming. I'm not going to lie though, I really wanted Matt Leinart who hasn't exactly proven himself yet either.
      (Griffin, 2007)- This pick surprised me the most. Safety wasn't exactly on my priority list for the Titans and I really wanted a WR. At first I was convinced the Titans selected him as part of a trading chip for getting Michael Turner from the Chargers since they needed a safety, but then once I knew that wasn't going to happen I took solace in the fact that at least there would be no more Lamont Thompson.
      (CJ, 2008)- Total shock and disappointment again. I'm not gonna lie at how wrong I was. So, so happy I was wrong! :)
      (Britt, 2009)- Total joy, he was my second favorite WR in this draft after Crabs. I just hope me being happy about the pick isn't a bad sign. lol

To answer TitanHope's question:

I honestly don't remember anything too specific that got me into the draft. I remember hearing the 2002 draft on the radio and hearing the excitement of all the fans and realizing how many people watched it on TV. I figured I should give it a chance and start watching. Once I was really in to the draft, I started looking up mock drafts online and eventually found this site through Google. It took me a couple of years before I even realized there was a forum. :D
      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
      RIP themaninblack

Comment

I will have to go:

Surprising: Chris Johnson
        Out of all the picks, this one fit right into last year's second round pick. Another workout warrior with speed to burn but uncertain of everything else. Unlike Henry, he wound up producing with the Titans, made the Pro Bowl and is our most dynamic player. If we can start getting him to catch some receptions, it is just untold what he can do.

Disappointing: Tie between Chris Henry and LenDale White
        Amusing to say the least that the RB's we anticipated becoming something with our team haven't done so. LenDale is definitely worth much more then Henry, but still, I expected a back who can break those tackles, go right up the middle and gain a solid 4 yards each touch. Instead, he gets swallowed up by defenders and winds up falling foward for 2 yards. Henry hasn't done anything to show he was worth the second round pick he was made. He skyrocketed up the draft boards as a workout warrior and that was that. Has certainly not lived up to the billing of a possible all around back.

Exciting: Vince Young
        After that spectacular Rose Bowl performance, where he single handedly won the game against the highly favored Trojans, I was on the bandwagon and was eagerly anticipating him being the QB for the Titans. I went so far as to attend the draft in person just to see him hold up that Titans jersey with Young #10 on it. He has fallen on some rough times however, after an impressive rookie campaign. I am still not yet willing to write him off, as he has finally realized he no longer has to try and carry the team on his back. Sitting, learning and watching will help him, but barring an injury to Collins, he is riding the pine for now. But still, I believe he can be productive as a Titans player, because Collins ain't getting any younger. I hope to see him play this upcoming season.

I can't say for certain how I wound up on this draft board, just don't remember. But the 06 draft was one that I was following very closely, and listening to everyone's opinion (even stephenson who feel LenDale is a total waste and VY is done, some stuff I am still opposed to even with my post lol). Its been great I must say, and I am definitely happy to have gotten on here
        Last edited by aNYtitan; 05-09-2009, 02:11 PM.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
        Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

i used to go on the main site and i noticed the forum button, rest is history lol

if you could replace two guys on O and two on D who would you replace and who with, then what would your lineup be?

Comment

Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
            if you could replace two guys on O and two on D who would you replace and who with, then what would your lineup be?
            They have to be starters?

If so, I'll say Nick Harper for Nnamdi Asomugha and Tony Brown for Darnell Dockett on Defense, and Kerry Collins for Matt Ryan and Kevin Mawae for Nick Mangold on Offense.

Nnamdi and Ryan are obvious. I love Dockett, and Kevin Williams would be awesome as well. Mangold is the best young Center in the NFL, and would be like having Mawae for another decade.

I left out Fat Al on purpose. :(
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I want a stud quarterback damn't.
              RIP themaninblack

Comment

Most surprising: that definitely goes to the pics of Griffin and Johnson, both years I was thinking we would end up with a receiver. I liked the pick of Griffin more then we got Johnson, I thought we were crazy to pick Chris because we already had Lenwhale in the backfield, but once I saw more about him and knew of his speed I immediately began to love this pick.

Disappointing: Hands down goes to Vince Young. Being from Nashville and a life long Vanderbilt fan, I wanted Cutler so bad. I knew that Jay was going to be a stud in the league for many years. I also knew that Vince's running abilities would be really hampered in the league because of the overall speed of the linebackers in the NFL, plus he couldn't throw worth ****, and we all know what type of arm Cutler has.

Exciting: Lendale White, thats right I said it, I was so happy when we got Lendale that far down in the draft, I knew the Titans were on their way back up when they got the two best players from the National championship months earlier(even though I wanted Cutler).

The way I fond this board was when I was doing some research about Cutler going into the draft and just happened to find this site and never turned back since then.
                Sig by PitBull

All-hail Bulluck

Comment

Most surprising: For me, it was Chris Johnson. I was big on DeSean Jackson in the 08 Draft. I was hoping we would snatch him up. And I saw Chris Johnson, my jaw dropped. I could not believe we would pass up a much needed Wide Receiver. But when I watched Chris, I knew the pick was right. =)

Disappointing: Definately Vince Young. I knew we would go QB in the 06 Draft. And I graduated from Texas =X. But out of the 3, I was hoping to trade down and grab Cutler. But obviously that did not happen.

Excited: Kenny Britt! Definately! I admit when I saw the big screen and they were showing Chris Wells, I was thinking "Please no! Please get us Britt!" And done! I think Britt will be the big impact receiver the Titans been craving for.

I dont know really what got me into the draft, but I've been watch since I was 8 years old. 1993 Draft was my first one. I watched it with my dad. My dad would explain about the players. But as I got older, I discovered and learned to research the players myself. So the draft is just another way for my dad and I to spend time together. Now it's something I rather enjoy watching. All 7 rounds baby! But this year was special. I got to watch it live with my dad.

If I could change 2 players on each side of the ball, I'd like the following:
                  Offense: I'd love to have Peyton Manning at the helm. Who wouldn't xD!?!
                  Offense: Larry Fitzgerald! For sure. 2 reasons. A he'd be a great target for any QB. Also, I think Britt would develop alot with Fitzgerald.

Defense: I would love to have a figurehead for the Defensive ship, and the first I think is Middle Linebacker. First to my mind is Ray Lewis. Enough said!
                  Defense: Darnell Dockett would be nice to have on the D-Line. He's a beast!

My question: How did you become a Titans fan?

My answer- As a kid I was an Eagles fan because my elementary school mascot were the eagles. My cousins would make fun of me and tell, me "You are from Texas, you have to pick a Texas team!" So I picked the Oilers (Of course my cousins got angry for me not choosing the cowboys). So I followed the Oilers through its running in Tennesee, to them changing to the Titans. And here I am, still a fan.

Comment

I became a Titans fan once they moved here to Nashville. Before they moved here I was a Cowboys fan, and I must admit that they are still my second favorite team. :D

But I love my Titans and have supported them since they've been here, and I'll always love them.
                    RIP themaninblack

Comment

I was a cancer patient at St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital, and one day the Titans Caravan visited the kids at the hospital. I got to meet and take pictures with Kevin Carter, Chris Sanders, and T-Rac. I wasn't a big football fan then, but they definitely became my favorite team that day. After that, I followed them as closely as a preteen kid with a short attention span could. It wasn't until I started high school that I really started following the team indepthly, and I haven't looked back since.
                      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I became a Titans fan during their magical run to the Super Bowl. I had just really become interested in football, but didn't have a team to root for, didn't think the Giants were all that great. After the Music City Miracle, I knew this team was destined for great things and I just have stuck with them since

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                        Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

My mate gave me a list of 4 teams (Titans, Falcons, Eagles, Bills) and i liked the titans logo hahahaha

what is you starting lineup for the season?

QB - Collins
                          RB - Johnson
                          FB - Hall
                          WR - Gage
                          WR - Britt
                          TE - Cook
                          LT - Roos
                          LG - Harris
                          C - Mawae
                          RG - Scott
                          RT - Stewart

LE - Jones
                          DT - Haye
                          DT - Brown
                          RE - KVB
                          ROLB - Bulluck
                          MLB - Tulloch
                          LOLB - Thornton
                          CB - Harper
                          CB - Finnegan
                          FS - Griffin
                          SS - Hope

K - Bironas
                          P - Hentrich

KR - Mouton
                          PR - Mouton

Comment

Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post

My mate gave me a list of 4 teams (Titans, Falcons, Eagles, Bills) and i liked the titans logo hahahaha

what is you starting lineup for the season?

QB - Collins
                            RB - Johnson
                            FB - Hall
                            WR - Gage
                            WR - Britt
                            TE - Cook
                            LT - Roos
                            LG - Harris
                            C - Mawae
                            RG - Scott
                            RT - Stewart

LE - Jones
                            DT - Haye
                            DT - Brown
                            RE - KVB
                            ROLB - Bulluck
                            MLB - Tulloch
                            LOLB - Thornton
                            CB - Harper
                            CB - Finnegan
                            FS - Griffin
                            SS - Hope

K - Bironas
                            P - Hentrich

KR - Mouton
                            PR - Mouton
                            QB- Kerry Collins
                            HB- Chris Johnson
                            FB- Ahmard Hall
                            WR- Nate Washington
                            WR- Justin Gage
                            TE- Bo Scaife
                            LT- Michael Roos
                            LG- Eugene Amano
                            C- Kevin Mawae
                            RG- Jake Scott
                            RT- David Stewart

LE- Jevon Kearse
                            LT- Tony Brown
                            RT- Jason Jones
                            RE- Kyle Vanden Bosch
                            LOLB- David Thornton
                            MLB- Stephen Tulloch
                            ROLB- Keith Bulluck
                            LCB- Nick Harper
                            RCB- Cortland Finnegan
                            NB- Vince Fuller
                            SS- Chris Hope
                            FS- Michael Griffin

K- Rob Bironas
                            P- Craig Hentrich

KR- Ryan Mouton
                            PR- Ryan Mouton

I'm gonna do a full depth chart soon.
                            RIP themaninblack

Comment

QB: Kerry Collins
                              RB: Chris Johnson
                              FB: Ahmard Hall
                              WR1: Justin Gage
                              WR2: Nate Washington
                              TE: Bo Scaife
                              LT: Michael Roos
                              LG: Eugene Amano
                              C: Kevin Mawae
                              RG: Jake Scott
                              RT: David Stewart

RE: Kyle Vanden Bosch
                              NT: Tony Brown
                              UT: Jason Jones
                              LE: Jevon Kearse
                              SLB: Keith Bulluck
                              MIKE: Stephen Tulloch
                              WLB: David Thornton
                              CB1: Cortland Finnegan
                              CB2: Nick Harper
                              FS: Michael Griffin
                              SS: Chris Hope

KR/PR: Mark Jones
                              P: Craig Hentrich
                              K: Rob Bironas
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information