Titans 2010 Draft/Offseason Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
    Dunno. I haven't kept up with him, but I'd rather draft a big guy than bring in Warren. Oakland's run defense last year was trash too.
    Probably going to slip into the later rounds with beastly size/play and a great combine :D

Comment

• Here's my guy:

The Big O!
      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Titans get visit from safety Sean Jones

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...ety+Sean+Jones

By Bryan Mullen • THE TENNESSEAN • March 15, 2010

Looking to add depth in the secondary, the Titans had Eagles free agent safety Sean Jones in for a visit and tryout.

The 28-year-old former University of Georgia standout played his first four seasons with the Browns before spending last year with the Eagles.

He started nine games last season and played in 15. In his best game last season, a win over the Giants on Dec. 13, Jones had a team-leading 14 tackles and recovered a fumble by New York quarterback Eli Manning.

Jones is known as a hard hitter who has a knack for the ball. He has 16 interceptions in 53 career starts. Since 2006, only three safeties have more interceptions than Jones — Ed Reed (24), Oshiomogho Atogwe (18) and Darren Sharper (18).

Jones is also considering Tampa Bay, where he visited last week. The Buccaneers have more openings at safety than the Titans, who have Chris Hope and Michael Griffin.

Jones’ agent Brian Mackler did not return messages seeking comment.

With depth lacking behind Hope and Griffin, Jones could be a good fit for the Titans.

Hope started all 16 games and had 81 tackles last season, tied for third on the team. Griffin started 15 games and had 77 tackles.

Vincent Fuller primarily plays nickelback and Donnie Nickey is more of a contributor on special teams. Last month the Titans re-signed Nickey to a one-year contract. Kevin Kaesviharn is a free agent.

Kicker added: In a move to add some depth, the Titans agreed to terms Monday with free agent punter/kicker Ricky Schmitt. Terms were not disclosed.

Schmitt, 24, made his NFL debut with the 49ers on Dec. 27 against the Lions, connecting on 2 of 3 field goal attempts, converting two extra point attempts and kicking off five times. He went on injured reserve the final week of the season after suffering a hamstring injury.

Schmitt previously spent time with the Cardinals, Steelers and Raiders. He attended Shepherd University in Shepherdstown, W.Va.
        Sig by PitBull

All-hail Bulluck

Comment

• Officially physically sick of all the talk of Carlos Dunlap. We don't have the depth to take risks on a guy like him at the position. If Derrick Morgan is not there then I only want Brandon Graham at the DE position. If neither of those are there then I want us to go DT with Dan Williams and shift JJ to a DE/DT rotation role on one side with Jacob Ford and play William Hayes as an every down DE.

I either want our opening day line to be.

RE - Derrick Morgan
          DT - Tony Brown
          DT - JJ
          LE - William Hayes

or

RE - William Hayes
          UT - Tony Brown
          NT - Dan Williams
          LE - JJ/Jacob Ford

If Dan Williams is not available then I would like us to look at trading back and picking up some picks.

Comment

• Looks like we're signing Jason Babin to a one year, one million dollar offer sheet. Eagles have a week to match.

Per Adam Schefter tweet.
            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
            RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
              Looks like we're signing Jason Babin to a one year, one million dollar offer sheet. Eagles have a week to match.

Per Adam Schefter tweet.
              I wonder if the eagles are match it no one wants to lose a player like Jason Babin....

Comment

• Originally posted by Complex View Post
                I wonder if the eagles are match it no one wants a player like Jason Babin....
                fixed that one

Comment

• dudes just benn looking up babin, kid should of been epic in the pros, great college career and great measurables....bombed

Comment

• Washburn's worked magic with guys like Babin before. It wouldn't be a bad signing in my opinion. We'd still more than likely use our first on an end so he would just come off the bench during the rotation.
                    RIP themaninblack

Comment

• anybody new sounds aight to me, all i really know is the D needs to get shook up and bringing some new people in for basically nothing cant hurt

Comment

• Babin is officially a Titan, Fisher said "he has knack for getting to the QB"
                        HAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

• What do you think homies...

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                          I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

• I gave Levi Brown Justin Gage's number. facepalm.

Comment

• Okay the picks above are just gut feelings, these are some picks I made doing a little bit of research and stuff from meetings and junk.

First round- Derrick Morgan

I am hearing the Titans are very high on JPP but I doubt he makes it out of the top 10. I think if Derrick gets taken before this Sergio will be the pick, unless Joe Haden falls.

3rd round- Jordan Shipley-

Titans are bringing him in for a privite workout along with Dexter McCluster. I dont think Dexter makes it past the 2nd round and with Jordans bad 40 time I think he would be avaliable. He is a good steady return guy, would replace Justin Gage when his contract is up. Also plays for Texas which gives us about a 99.9 percent chance of picking him.

3rd round-Koa Misi-

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense. I havent felt this strong about the Titans picking a guy in the mid rounds since Hawk and LeRoy Harris. Workout warrior, fast, hawaiian, and plays defense! Oh and the Titans visited with him a the combine!

4th Round- Corey Peters DT Kentucky-

Another guy that makes alot of sense (Titans Radio reporting he is visiting). He is athletic and reminds me of a poor mans SenDerrick Marks. Me thinks coach Wash is going to have his hands full this offseason.

5th round- Levi Brown QB Troy-

The Titans have visited with him along with several other late round Qbs. Methinks that Kerry is gone after this year and that Jeff and Co are looking for a young back-up for Vince Young. He also went to my high school, but I am no homer, this guy has legit skills and reminds me of another SunBelt QB in Kelly Holcomb (Who was a great back-up/ emergency starter).

6th round- Dennis Rogan

We all know he is a good player, but his workouts sucked. He of course, is another guy that has visited with the Titans. He may not fall this far and he may fall even further than this pick. IDK

6th round- Ted Larsen-

IDK who he is but he is one of the O-lineman we are visiting with and he plays a position we need depth at in Center.

7th round- Patrick Stoudamire CB-

He is a athletic CB that goes to a small school. What else need be said?

7th round-David Reed Utah WR-

I have seen him play twice and came away impressed. He is not big, or fast, or strong, but he gets open. Reminds me of Roydell Williams coming out.

Only 1 CB taken and it was in the late rounds. It wouldnt be the first time we passed on a major need though.

Comment

• (McLovin voice)

Championship!
                                RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information