No announcement yet.

Titans 2010 Draft/Offseason Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voodoo!!! you want to do the Mock draft thingy? We could put our minds together!

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...98#post2082598

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
    I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

• Did anyone know Tye Hill had a visit today??!?! I miss Jim Wyatt. :(

Comment

• I'm gonna have to pass Doughie. :(

Too many stupid papers and exams coming up.
        Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
        RIP themaninblack

Comment

• http://www.titansradio.com/Article.a...573&spid=27572

sry though Tye Hill was visiting monday but he is tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoughBoy View Post
            http://www.titansradio.com/Article.a...573&spid=27572

sry though Tye Hill was visiting monday but he is tomorrow.
            It'd be interesting if we signed him. He's busted, but he could provide depth and probably has great ST's potential. Playing for a bad team like the Rams may've hindered his development, but fizzling out in Atlanta isn't good. I'd be interested to see what Cecil and Marcus Robertson could do with that talent though.

Probably just updating the files though...

EDIT: After glancing over him real quick, injuries may've had something to do with his struggles. Hill's only played 1 full 16-game season in his entire career. Maybe we can get a good bargain if he stays healthy. Not everyone fits our scheme (is a "Titans DB"), but Cecil/Robertson can coach 'em up. Not to mention, Finny's swagger will be there as a boost.
            Last edited by TitanHope; 03-23-2010, 11:29 PM.
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Jets just got hard knocks and it got me thinking, who on the titans would like to be miked up?

For Me-

Cortland Finnegan- of course
              Tony Brown- funny guy, always talking
              Jared Cook- already very popular guy in the locker room.
              Vince Young- duh.
              Michael Griffin- down to earth, likeable.
              LeRoy Harris-Well spoken guy.
              Mitch King- as the undrafted player looking for a spot on the roster.
              Lil' bit of CJ.
              David Ball as the random guy.

EDIT: Forgot LenDale, he is a must
              Last edited by DoughBoy; 03-24-2010, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• Just Finished watching tape on Kindle and Derrick Morgan.

Morgan is crazy. He is a BEAST against the run and really good at breaking down and making tackles. His penetration is amazing. He also strikes me as a good not great pass rush guy. I can see him with some 10+ sack seasons but he really needs to work on adding some more moves in that department. I like the Justin Smith comparison except I think Derrick Morgan has more upside as a pass rusher.

Sergio Kindle- He is explosive to say the least. I love his pass rush potential but he strikes me as mediocre against the run when he lines up at DE. He looks like has a good punch but when someone gets a hold of him he struggles to disengage. I agree with scott on him being a better 3-4 guy then a 4-3 player( he is much better when he has a chance to blow past the tackle). Also Derrick Morgan seems much better at being able locate the ball carrier and then breaking down to make the tackle.

Edit- I just looked at Scott Wrights evaluation and I agree with all of it except the part about Derrick looking uncomfortable in space. IMO he is he is better than Kindle at bringing ball carriers down 1 vs 1.
                Last edited by DoughBoy; 03-24-2010, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• Carlos Dunlap- Im going to come out and say he strikes me as a DT not a DE. He is a complete mis-match inside and seems to consistently beat gaurds and centers. I also like the love his ability to knock down balls at the LOS and he actually gets pretty good pressure from the DT spot. That being said at DE he looks unimpressive. I saw no pass rush moves besides run head first at the tackle. He doesnt look very strong at all (which may put a hole in my DT plan). I really can't find anything with him against the run, but my guess he is either hot or cold agianst it depending on if he is playing a lesser athlete. His talent is obvious though.

Jerry Hughes- 5 minutes in the tape and I could tell he is the best pass-rusher I have seen thus far. He is quick as a cat and has all the moves. Great at tracking the QB and awesome at exploding off the edge. Reminds me of Freak in some ways. He has nice awareness at being able to tell if the other team is throwing or running. My concern is that he is just okay agianst the run. He stays in position and is by no means a liability, but it just seems it takes him a little longer than usual to make his way through traffic. I think this guy is going to be like Larry English last year in the fact that people are underestimating how low he will be taken in the draft.
                  Last edited by DoughBoy; 03-24-2010, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• Cortland Finnegan should be mic'd up every gameday. :D

Personally, I'd love to hear Chris Hope (duh) and Michael Griffin mic'd up. Just so I can hear the exchanges between the safeties with the rest of the defense - both pre-snap and post-snap. May give some insight on why and how Griffin has such a letdown season, and why the tandem allowed so many deep passes. Tony Brown is a must, and so would VY. LenDale may not see much playing time next season, and no one can understand what the hell CJ is saying. :D I'd like Ahmard Hall though, and maybe even Kenny Britt. SenDerrick Marks is pretty funny too.

And damn Doughie, nice write ups!!! Honestly, I could see any of the 4 being the Titans' pick. I'm scared of Dunlap, but if he can succeed anywhere, it's here. Kindle and Hughes's size don't frighten me since we had Kearse pwn at only 6'4, 250 lbs. - plus, beware the Texas players. ;) Derrick Morgan is fierce!
                    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• I know we've made CB less of a priority than DE going into the draft so far, but what happens if Joe Haden is still available assuming JPP and maybe even Morgan are off the board? Would he for sure be the pick? Trade down?

I need answers!
                      RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                        I know we've made CB less of a priority than DE going into the draft so far, but what happens if Joe Haden is still available assuming JPP and maybe even Morgan are off the board? Would he for sure be the pick? Trade down?

I need answers!
                        Originally posted by DoughBoy View Post
                        I was listening to Titans radio with Jonathan Hutton and he said from what he has gathered from talks with Jeff Fisher and Mike Reinfeldt that our draft board looks like this.....

Player the Titans are most interested in...

Rolando McClain (Jonathan said the Titans identified him as a their "Blue Chip" player.)

DE is the number 1 priority if he is not available and the three guys he named were

1. JPP
                        2.Derrick Morgan
                        3.Sergio Kindle
                        Note: He said the Titans are not very high on Griffen (but it could just be a cover up)

He then said that if Jpp, Derrick or Kindle were not available priority number 2 would be Corner. and the titans were interested in...

1.Joe Haden
                        2.Earl Thomas
                        3.Kyle Wilson

LB outside of Rolando is priority number 3 ( I cant remember who he put as 2 and 3 but I know they are VERY high on Darryl Washington, maybe even more than Spoon.)
                        This is what Jonathan Hutton said the day before the combine after he talked with Fisher (they are good friends). Things have changed and I doubt Rolando is still the number 1 guy with the signing of Spoon. The way I see it If Derrick Morgan or JPP is on the board they are going to take one of them over of Haden. They may even take Kindle over Haden knowing the titans...

Comment

• I agree with Hutton. If both Morgan and JPP are gone, then it's extremely tight with Haden and the other DE's. That is, if Haden is still there. There's a good chance he's gone by then, but sometimes CB's fall.

If the coaching staff thinks Haden can start from day one at LCB, then I'd approve of the pick. Improved secondary will help the pass-rush, and getting a guy who could handle the side opposite side of Finnegan, who won't be thrown at as much with him and Griffin back there, would definitely improve the team.

The only issue I have is numbers. We're short on DE's (William Hayes, Jacob Ford, Dave Ball, and Jason Babin), and bountiful on CB's (Finnegan, Fuller, Hood, Mouton, McCourty, and possibly another vet like Tye Hill or Ken Lucas). We're going into next season without a single NFL established starting DE on the roster. At least at CB we have a #1 in Finny, an average #2 in Hood, and stud #3 in Fuller, and youth with Mouton and McCourty. We didn't draft a DE last year either, but we drafted 2 CB's. DE is just screaming to me right now.

Oh, and Doughie-Wan Kenobi, you still need a partner for that mock draft you're wanting to do? I can team up with ya in place of Mace Voodoo. I don't have a Star Wars nickname though. Lemme know if ya gots probs with that.
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• I have problems with you not having a star wars nickname. That will change soon.

A New TitanHope?
                            RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                              I agree with Hutton. If both Morgan and JPP are gone, then it's extremely tight with Haden and the other DE's. That is, if Haden is still there. There's a good chance he's gone by then, but sometimes CB's fall.

If the coaching staff thinks Haden can start from day one at LCB, then I'd approve of the pick. Improved secondary will help the pass-rush, and getting a guy who could handle the side opposite side of Finnegan, who won't be thrown at as much with him and Griffin back there, would definitely improve the team.

The only issue I have is numbers. We're short on DE's (William Hayes, Jacob Ford, Dave Ball, and Jason Babin), and bountiful on CB's (Finnegan, Fuller, Hood, Mouton, McCourty, and possibly another vet like Tye Hill or Ken Lucas). We're going into next season without a single NFL established starting DE on the roster. At least at CB we have a #1 in Finny, an average #2 in Hood, and stud #3 in Fuller, and youth with Mouton and McCourty. We didn't draft a DE last year either, but we drafted 2 CB's. DE is just screaming to me right now.

Oh, and Doughie-Wan Kenobi, you still need a partner for that mock draft you're wanting to do? I can team up with ya in place of Mace Voodoo. I don't have a Star Wars nickname though. Lemme know if ya gots probs with that.
                              Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!!!!!

We will have the most awesome draft of all time!

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                                I have problems with you not having a star wars nickname. That will change soon.

A New TitanHope?
                                Hmmm, lets see...

Titanakin Hopewalker? (Anakin Skywalker)
                                'Tan Hopo? (Han Solo)
                                Rancor? (Rancor)

Ya'lls were just automatic. I've been looking through the Jedi database to find a match for me.

Originally posted by DoughBoy View Post
                                Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!!!!!

We will have the most awesome draft of all time!
                                It's on!

Pfft, I had a brain fart. Thought you were talking about tag-teaming our own Mock Draft to post in the Mock Forum. Super psyched it's the Forum Mock instead! We got this! Replying to your PM's right now!
                                Last edited by TitanHope; 03-25-2010, 10:31 PM.
                                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information