Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TitansCJftw View Post
    i would sell my soul to have suh on the titans :p
    I was just about to say, would anyone on this board be really upset if the Titans pulled a Ditka-Williams type deal for Suh? I wouldn't see a problem trading an entire draft day for this one guy cause I can't honestly recall seeing a college defensive lineman being as disruptive as he has been this season. You plug him into an NT spot and you have your defensive cornerstone for the next decade or so.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
    Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

I'd give up our whole draft and even a few players for Suh, yes.
      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
      RIP themaninblack

Comment

I would give up a first and 3rd to get rid of Harper. I dont think I could give up a whole draft for a player unless it was a once in a lifetime QB though.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
        I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

Hey dudes. Who in the Titans org is responsible for personnel decisions? Does Jeff Fisher control that for the most part? I know with the Colts Bill Polian is the guy and Caldwell (and Dungy before him) just focused on coaching and provided input when needed. But I don't know of a similar figure on the Titans staff.

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
            Hey dudes. Who in the Titans org is responsible for personnel decisions? Does Jeff Fisher control that for the most part? I know with the Colts Bill Polian is the guy and Caldwell (and Dungy before him) just focused on coaching and provided input when needed. But I don't know of a similar figure on the Titans staff.
            Mike Reinfeldt.
            RIP themaninblack

Comment

I'd trade up for either Suh or Gerald McCoy. Our 1st, 4th, and RFA Tony Brown would be proper ammo to do so too.

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
              Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
              Mike Reinfeldt.
              Yup, it'd probably go Mike Reinfeldt #1 and then Jeff Fisher #2. Reinfeldt is Executive VP and General Manager, and Fisher is Executive VP and Head Coach. They both work together to make decisions, but Reinfeldt has final say since he's in charge of the cap, contracts, etc.

Some assistant coaches have some say as well, such as Mike Munchak. Munch has so much respect within the organization that they allow him to hand pick his OL's in the Draft. When asked about the Troy Kropog pick, Fisher stated that it was a Mike (Munchak) pick.

The coaching staff evaluates players with Reinfeldt, and from there they decide of what they do. Many times throughout the season, Reinfeldt will bring in the occasional FA to workout. Titans fans call it "Updating the files." That way if they need to bring somebody in, they have recent info on guys who are available. In the Draft, they work together to fill out a Draft Board. If the trade up for a player, it's usually on recommendation by the coaching staff. If they trade down, that's usually Reinfeldt - he'll see how many spots he has to move down and compare it to how many players they like that are available. If they have to move down 6 spots and 6 players they want are available, then Reinfeldt will pull the trigger.

Then, there are the huge decisions such as the VY pick and giving Haynesworth a historic contract. In those cases, Bud Adams will get involved. It's common knowledge that VY was Bud Adams's guy in the Draft, and I think as an organization, Fisher, Reinfeldt, and Adams decided they would not give AH that massive contract.
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I want a punt returner or kick returner so bad in this draft. If we are picking anywhere in the 17-32 range I would not be upset at all if we took Golden Tate. I know it isnt sexy or likely, but damn our ST suxs.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

Resign:
                  Keith Bulluck
                  BO Scaife
                  Tony Brown
                  Rod Hood
                  Veteran QB

All 4 are great players and we should keep them

Release:
                  Nick Harper
                  Jevon Kearse

Harper is horrible and Kearse is gettin' old

Draft Picks:
                  Maybe a lineman Mawae is getting old maybe Mike Iupati of Idaho he is pretty but might not be able to play center so maybe just get a center or 1 more wide reciever , Golden Tate because washington might not stay so long

Comment

HOORAY NEW TITANS FAN!!!

Originally posted by brandonswjr View Post
                    Resign:
                    Keith Bulluck
                    BO Scaife
                    Tony Brown
                    Rod Hood
                    Veteran QB

All 4 are great players and we should keep them

Release:
                    Nick Harper
                    Jevon Kearse

Harper is horrible and Kearse is gettin' old

Draft Picks:
                    Maybe a lineman Mawae is getting old maybe Mike Iupati of Idaho he is pretty but might not be able to play center so maybe just get a center or 1 more wide reciever , Golden Tate because washington might not stay so long
                    I totally agree with your re-signings. Fortunately, no CBA will make Scaife and Brown RFA's, so we don't have to re-sign them and just tender them instead. Harper and Kearse are FA's, so we don't have to release them.

As for the Draft, Mawae is a FA and Leroy Harris is our future at Center, so it's LG we have to worry about with Eugene Amano a FA as well - so Iupati would definitely work at LG. He would be a reach where we pick, and I think Golden Tate would be too. Personally, I like DE for our pick. Preferrably Derrick Morgan, but there are lots of talented pass-rushers in this crop like Jerry Hughes and Jason Pierre-Loius.

Welcome to the SWDC Brandon! :D
                    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Ok, so last year, me and several of ya'll were vocal against a DT in the 1st RD. Haynesworth was headed to Washington, and everyone outside looking in saw replacing AH as the #1 priority. We spoke against it, and sure enough, we pass for Kenny Britt.

I know Voodoo and I drooled over this year's DT class, and that was a big thing in us wanting to pass in favor of picking one this year. But then we took SenDerrick Marks in the 2nd RD, has Jason Jones already, and will likely retain Tony Brown as a RFA.

Well, we're heading back into pre-Draft mode, and I'm seeing a lot of Dan Williams and Brian Price picks. Do some of ya'll think those would be good choices, or do you think a DE, CB, OLB, or RS would be better ones?
                      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

i really want a good #2 corner to compliment finny i know we selected a few bums in the later rounds last year i want us to step up and select one in round 1 or 2, this is a pretty solid class for d-line im sure that we are gonna get some solid players for the d-line wherever they are chosen

Comment

My head would freaking explode if Rolando McClain somehow fell to us.
                          RIP themaninblack

Comment

Hey what up guys! As u can see im new here.. I to feel that the titans need to address their defence in the 1st round.. Specifically dt or cb, But at 16,or 17 will there be a dt worth taking? I mean, suh will be long gone an mccoy as well.

I say shift to cb then depending on who's available.. if florida's joe hadden is on the board he's worth a gd look. 218 tackles 8 pics in three seasons, Also started as a true fresh..

I know this gonna sound crazy but hear me out lol.. If hadden's gone I think u take the best player available.. If c.j spiller is sitting there do u take a look? This guy is a weapon an can do it all.. Kick return, punt return, line up at wideout, an of course he's a great running back. Kinda reminds of cj2k a little bit lol.. cj's work load increased big time this year, an could possibly increase next year but im shocked that he walked away this season with no major injuries.. Outside of v.y legs he's the only playmaker we have untill someone else steps up. Do u resign lendale? If not ur left with javon ringer who isn't proven

Tony brown should be resigned if possible. I know reindfelt will be looking at drafting a dt but what other free agent can u bring in to start.

tag bulluck

look at bringing kvb back.. With consistent pressure from the dt's he's a beast on pass situations. His work ethic seems contagious an young players can use that

I think they will let scaife go tho

Comment

Originally posted by titan tony View Post
                              Hey what up guys! As u can see im new here.. I to feel that the titans need to address their defence in the 1st round.. Specifically dt or cb, But at 16,or 17 will there be a dt worth taking? I mean, suh will be long gone an mccoy as well.

I say shift to cb then depending on who's available.. if florida's joe hadden is on the board he's worth a gd look. 218 tackles 8 pics in three seasons, Also started as a true fresh..

I know this gonna sound crazy but hear me out lol.. If hadden's gone I think u take the best player available.. If c.j spiller is sitting there do u take a look? This guy is a weapon an can do it all.. Kick return, punt return, line up at wideout, an of course he's a great running back. Kinda reminds of cj2k a little bit lol.. cj's work load increased big time this year, an could possibly increase next year but im shocked that he walked away this season with no major injuries.. Outside of v.y legs he's the only playmaker we have untill someone else steps up. Do u resign lendale? If not ur left with javon ringer who isn't proven

Tony brown should be resigned if possible. I know reindfelt will be looking at drafting a dt but what other free agent can u bring in to start.

tag bulluck

look at bringing kvb back.. With consistent pressure from the dt's he's a beast on pass situations. His work ethic seems contagious an young players can use that

I think they will let scaife go tho
                              Welcome aboard! Always happy to see more Titans fans around who know their stuff! :D
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                                My head would freaking explode if Rolando McClain somehow fell to us.
                                I think I've watched every game that McClain has played in college. That dude is a STUD on defense. Really smart player, athletic, a tackling machine. I think we should address DL or CB in the 1st round (depending on our FA moves). HOWEVER, if McClain somehow falls to the middle of Round 1, I think we should forgo the other DEF positions and draft him. Outside of Suh & McCoy, I think he's the surest DEF player in this year's draft.

Also...I know that some (including myself) were advocating that the Titans put the franchise tag on Keith Bulluck. However, after thinking about it, I doubt that happens now because of his knee injury and uncertainty about how long it'll take him to recover.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information