No announcement yet.

Titans 2010 Draft/Offseason Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure how I feel about us pursuing Matt Jones.
    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
    RIP themaninblack

Comment

I was down for it when they brought him in for a workout a few months back, but what do you expect to get from a guy who has been out of football for a year? Still, he is talented and he is gifted at working sideline routes which are some of Vince's favorite throws.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
      I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

Originally posted by DoughBoy View Post
        I was down for it when they brought him in for a workout a few months back, but what do you expect to get from a guy who has been out of football for a year? Still, he is talented and he is gifted at working sideline routes which are some of Vince's favorite throws.
        4.37 40 deep speed doesn't hurt, either.

Comment

I'd rather use a 3rd or 4th on a WR in the draft, but maybe that's just me since I love drafting WRs.
          RIP themaninblack

Comment

looks like matt jones signed with the bengals http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=11979146

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
              I'd rather use a 3rd or 4th on a WR in the draft, but maybe that's just me since I love drafting WRs.
              That's only customary with being a Titans fan. :D
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                With the 46th Overall Pick, the Tennessee Titans select...

Greg Hardy, Defensive End from Ole Miss!

With the 58th Overall pick, the Tennessee Titans select...

Daryl Washington, Linebacker from TCU!

STEAL!!!
                TRADE!

Titans trade LenDale White and 3rd RD pick to the Chargers for Antonio Cromartie and 5th RD pick!

With the 111th Overall Pick, the Tennessee Titans select...

Jacoby Ford, Wide Receiver from Clemson!!!

Was an extremely tough decision to go with Ford over Montario Hardesty. We'll need another RB after trading LenDale, and Hardesty would've been a great value in the 4th. But then again, Ford was a great value too, and solidied PR/KR which is a much, much more pressing need (although Cromartie could help in that departement if need be). Plus, Ford is an explosive player and adding his speed at WR in addition to CJ in the backfield, VY at QB, and the "above the rim" element that Britt, Gage, and Cook give us, and the offense just gets that much more difficult to stop. I have two 5th RD picks, so I can always trade up too.

Voodoo knows another former Vol I'm targeting, and I'm also looking for OL depth and DL depth with my last picks.
                Last edited by TitanHope; 02-13-2010, 06:40 PM.
                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

i like those picks and i think in this years draft there are definitely quality d-line(dt particularly)available in the late rounds

Comment

Seems like every mock I've seen has the Titans going DE. What other directions might they look in the fist round?

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                      Seems like every mock I've seen has the Titans going DE. What other directions might they look in the fist round?
                      Corner. Maybe linebacker depending on value.
                      RIP themaninblack

Comment

Yup, really depends on BPA, but the Titans need a DE since KVB and Kearse are FA's/old, a CB to play opposite Finnegan, and a LB to take over for Bulluck who is a FA (and coming off a torn ACL, if we do bring him back). We're also in desperate need of a PR/KR, and I wouldn't rule out OG pending on if we re-sign Eugene Amano at LG. Contrary to popular belief, I don't think we take a DT early unless we think the value is tremendous, since it's not as big of a need as DE, CB, or OLB.
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I like the draft TH. I don't think Greg Hardy is a good fit for every team, but Washburn will get the most out of him (and we all know Greg's best is pretty good).

Comment

Titans agree to a new 5yr deal with Eugene Amano

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...rms+with+Amano

Good news.

Comment

Originally posted by DoughBoy View Post
                              Titans agree to a new 5yr deal with Eugene Amano

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...rms+with+Amano

Good news.
                              Very good news, IMO.

Amano's not a great lineman. However, he's solid and he provides a lot of versatility on the OL. More importantly, this signing pretty much solidifies the OL for next year. Even if we don't re-sign Kevin Mawae, we've got Leroy Harris waiting in the wings to start.

Now we can turn our attention to re-tooling the DEF.

Comment

Titans talking extension with Tony Brown
                                http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2...with-dt-brown/

Keith and Brown are the two I want to see done the most. Tony is an idiot sometimes but is really one of the better pass rush DT's in the NFL. Can't wait for Jason Jones to be healthy and starting a whole season though.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information