No announcement yet.

Michael Turner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would rather have the pick of the litter of WR's at #19 then dropping down to #30 and getting whats left over. Meachem and Ginn would create a dynamic offense and one of them will be available at 19. They would give Young a go-to guy for many, many years and give us a recieving core that wouldn be one of the best. I really do like Turner, he is everything you want in a RB, but to go down to the end of first and lose a third is not great value. Hopefully we can sucker San Diego into just a second rounder plus another pick, then all this becomes moot point

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
    Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
      I would rather have the pick of the litter of WR's at #19 then dropping down to #30 and getting whats left over. Meachem and Ginn would create a dynamic offense and one of them will be available at 19. They would give Young a go-to guy for many, many years and give us a recieving core that wouldn be one of the best. I really do like Turner, he is everything you want in a RB, but to go down to the end of first and lose a third is not great value. Hopefully we can sucker San Diego into just a second rounder plus another pick, then all this becomes moot point
      I agree. I think Turner's going to be a great starter, but I don't want to trade back to a position where we may miss out on a playmaking wide receiver. A second rounder and maybe a conditional pick next year.

Comment

I dont know why this dude gets so much hype. He goes in when team are usually tired and hes a change of pace guy for LT. The last change of pace back they had was Jeeie chatman who averaged 6 yards a carry behind LT. Dont forget they have an all pro Line too. I think hes worth a late third early 4th nothing more IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Tha rizzock View Post
          I dont know why this dude gets so much hype. He goes in when team are usually tired and hes a change of pace guy for LT. The last change of pace back they had was Jeeie chatman who averaged 6 yards a carry behind LT. Dont forget they have an all pro Line too. I think hes worth a late third early 4th nothing more IMO.
          I think he's basically where Lamont Jordan was a few years ago when the Raiders got him only with slightly better ability.

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
            I think he's basically where Lamont Jordan was a few years ago when the Raiders got him only with slightly better ability.

I dont, lamont didnt have an all pro line other then kevin mauwae. Turner cant catch and he doesnt have nearly as many carries lamont had.

Comment

Personally I don't think turner is worth more than what the Ravens gave up for Willis Mcgahee. I think the Titans moving back in the first round and giving up a 3rd rounder is way to much compensation for a career back up player who was always fresh coming off the bench to relieve LT. I would give a 3rd this year and maybe a 2nd rounder next yer because the Titnas has to many holes to fill.

The titans still need a Pass Rushing DE, #1 WR & a replacement Corner for Pacman Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by HorusKing View Post
                Personally I don't think turner is worth more than what the Ravens gave up for Willis Mcgahee. I think the Titans moving back in the first round and giving up a 3rd rounder is way to much compensation for a career back up player who was always fresh coming off the bench to relieve LT. I would give a 3rd this year and maybe a 2nd rounder next yer because the Titnas has to many holes to fill.

The titans still need a Pass Rushing DE, #1 WR & a replacement Corner for Pacman Jones.
                I dont think cornerback is still the most pressing need. We have Nick Harper at #1, sadly Reynaldo Hill at #2 and Cortland Finnegan at the slot, who I think will surprise many people. We won't need to replace Pacman because no matter what, he won't be cut from the team, just to see him go to another team that would gamble with All-pro talent.

Comment

Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
                  I dont think cornerback is still the most pressing need. We have Nick Harper at #1, sadly Reynaldo Hill at #2 and Cortland Finnegan at the slot, who I think will surprise many people. We won't need to replace Pacman because no matter what, he won't be cut from the team, just to see him go to another team that would gamble with All-pro talent.
                  Ok with that said who will the Titans go after and do they need to overpay for RB -Turner? Willis Mcgahee is a way better talent than a career backup and the ravens only gave up two 3rd rounders to get him. I think that the Titans have to address the defense that was dead last in the NFL and they are going to lose pacman for at half the season or maybe more. Here is my mock up what they should do in the first four rounds.

1. DE- Jarvis Moss - Florida
                  2. CB - Marcus McCauley - Fresno St.
                  3rd rounder sent SD for RB. Mike Turner.
                  4. MLB - Brandon Siler - Florida
                  4. DT - Kareem Brown - Miami

Comment

I agree with you, the defense must be improved in this draft, but I believe the top defensive ends will already be gone by our pick, and Moss I think will be nothing more then a decent, if not solid starter. With that said, it is possible to gamble in the second and pick up Quentin Moses or Lamar Woodley, who should be able to gain some muscle and be a good fit for the 4-3. I say this is how the draft should go(no trade for Turner)

1.Robert Meachem/Ted Ginn Jr.
                    2.Quentin Moses
                    3.Lorenzo Booker
                    4.John Wendling
                    4.Samson Satele

Comment

I dont, lamont didnt have an all pro line other then kevin mauwae. Turner cant catch and he doesnt have nearly as many carries lamont had.
                      Turner's line consists of two pro-bowlers, not an all-pro line just a good one. And where is this proof that he can't catch?

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
                        Turner's line consists of two pro-bowlers, not an all-pro line just a good one. And where is this proof that he can't catch?

Look at his games and you will see your proff and not only that he had mcniel,hardiwck,dielmen and goff who were all pro bowlers.

Comment

Look at his games and you will see your proff and not only that he had mcniel,hardiwck,dielmen and goff who were all pro bowlers.
                          Excuse me, I've watched every Charger game over the past three years, I know his line is good but hardly all-pro. Dielmen was not a pro-bowler, nor was Goff. And tell me how he isn't a good reciever out the backfield?

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
                            Excuse me, I've watched every Charger game over the past three years, I know his line is good but hardly all-pro. Dielmen was not a pro-bowler, nor was Goff. And tell me how he isn't a good reciever out the backfield?

goff or kris were alternates becuse you guys had a load of O-line in the pro bowl. They dont throw to turner for a reason dude your either a homer charger fan trying to overate turner or your blind and neglect the fact he never gets passes out the backfield.

Comment

goff or kris were alternates becuse you guys had a load of O-line in the pro bowl. They dont throw to turner for a reason dude your either a homer charger fan trying to overate turner or your blind and neglect the fact he never gets passes out the backfield.
                              Okay, I'm a Charger fan....

"He never gets passed out of the backfield"
                              .....he is still a backup you know. We have this guy LT who goes in for most of the games, raiders fans should be familiar with him. When Turner goes in it is usually to run the ball, but just because they don't throw it to him does not mean he can't catch like you said. I think it's a little less likely right now that I am being a blind homer, but you feel it necessary to downgrade Turner because he is a division rival.

Just because someone hasn't done something in the past does not mean they cannot, that is just pure speculation on your part with no real evidence. Calvin Johnson has not caught a pass in the NFL either, does that mean he can't do it? You should use facts rather than blindly throwing out false information to make an argument.

Edit: By the way, your reasoning that Turner is worse than Lamont in '04 (prior to becoming a Raider) because he couldn't catch is extremely flawed. Lamont had 15 catches in 04. That is better than Turner but Lamont hardly established he was a recieving threat with <1 rec. per game in 04. Plus Lamont was used in more games, and in much more of a platoon role than Turner has been so he was given many more opportunities to recieve the ball.
                              Last edited by JK17; 04-05-2007, 06:05 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't trade nothing more than a 3rd for turner, he has yet to prove anything other than the fact that he ran well against are suck ass run Defense and he ran well after LT wore down the defense of the opposite team. I wopuld rather sign CB back, atleast he has proven more.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                                XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                                Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                                http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information