Michael Turner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Turner

I think giving up a fair bit in a trade but not our first would be worth it, i think the kid is special and could really create another dimension in our offense

If we do a "Schaub like deal," for him, I will be ticked. Swap first rounders, and maybe trade our third too. Thats it. We'd get Turner, and whichever WR fell to us at 30. They'd move up to 19, and get Reggie Nelson/whoever they'd be wanting to trade up to get. That would put a smile on my face.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
      If we do a "Schaub like deal," for him, I will be ticked. Swap first rounders, and maybe trade our third too. Thats it. We'd get Turner, and whichever WR fell to us at 30. They'd move up to 19, and get Reggie Nelson/whoever they'd be wanting to trade up to get. That would put a smile on my face.
      I agree.

If we straight-up trade our 1st & 3rd for Turner (which is what his current tender is), I too will be disappointed. From what we've seen, Turner looks like a good RB; however, you can never be certain how a backup RB will respond to becoming the full-time RB (see Troy Hambrick, Kevan Barlow, etc.--good backups that ended up sucking when given the starting gig)...

Here's what I'm thinking as a possible scenario:
      TITANS get:
      RB Michael Turner
      1st Round Pick (#30)

CHARGERS get:
      1st Round Pick (#16)
      3rd Round Pick
      Conditional pick next year if Turner meets certain on-field accomplishments (i.e. gets X amount of carries or yards or whatever).

Comment

Originally posted by MicktheGreat
        TITANS get:
        RB Michael Turner
        1st Round Pick (#30)

CHARGERS get:
        1st Round Pick (#16)
        3rd Round Pick
        Conditional pick next year if Turner meets certain on-field accomplishments (i.e. gets X amount of carries or yards or whatever).
        That would work, except we have the #19 pick.

If the trade goes:

Titans Get:
        -RB Michael Turner
        -Pick #30

Chargers Get:
        -Pick #19
        -Pick #83

That would value Turner at a mid-second round pick(47th overall, to be exact). Thats about how I would value him.
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I want him.

Comment

Originally posted by MicktheGreat View Post
            I agree.

If we straight-up trade our 1st & 3rd for Turner (which is what his current tender is), I too will be disappointed. From what we've seen, Turner looks like a good RB; however, you can never be certain how a backup RB will respond to becoming the full-time RB (see Troy Hambrick, Kevan Barlow, etc.--good backups that ended up sucking when given the starting gig)...

TITANS get:
            RB Michael Turner
            1st Round Pick (#30)

CHARGERS get:
            1st Round Pick (#16)
            3rd Round Pick
            Charger fan here, I would like this trade too (with the #19 pick) and think it would work well for both teams, what kind of conditional pick would you be considering giving up though (how high or how low)

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
              Charger fan here, I would like this trade too (with the #19 pick) and think it would work well for both teams, what kind of conditional pick would you be considering giving up though (how high or how low)
              I was thinking 3rd rounder with the potential of becoming a 2nd rounder if he hits certain requirements...

Thus, best-case scenario for the Chargers (in this hypothetical deal) would be that they receive a 1st rounder (actually...they would be moving up in that round by exchanging 1st round picks), 2nd rounder (next year), and a 3rd rounder.
              Last edited by MicktheGreat; 04-03-2007, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MicktheGreat View Post
                I was thinking 3rd rounder with the potential of becoming a 2nd rounder if he hits certain requirements...

Thus, best-case scenario for the Chargers (in this hypothetical deal) would be that they receive a 1st rounder (actually...they would be moving up in that round by exchanging 1st round picks), 2nd rounder (next year), and a 3rd rounder.
                If I was AJ Smith I would hop all over that...I would still even like it if it was just a 3rd or 4th conditional pick, but I think with a 2nd round possibility like that, especially for a guy like Turner, who Chargers fans have no doubt could hit the incentives....I think that would be very hard for SD to turn down. If only we were the GMs...haha.

Comment

Ypu guys can have him!!! :)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

this would be a great idea for us. our two most needed 1st positions are the most depth positions in the draft (DE and WR). id like to get Jarrett and with the way his stock is dropping it might be possible to get him at 30, or sydney rice, although he might be available for our 2nd round pick.

as for turner, i think he could be a top 10 back in the league. 6 yards per carry?! if we get him and a good reciever we are set on offense. then can focus on the defense for this years and next years draft.

Comment

How aboout this trade?

Titans recieve:
                      Michael Turner
                      2nd round pick(#60)

Chargers recieve:
                      2nd round pick(#48 i believe)
                      2008 2nd round pick
                      and another pick i'm not sure a third rounder is right though

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                      Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

swap firsts, give them a 3rd and a conditional next year. To some it may be alot, but im sorry when you get a 5' 10" back at 237 who can run the way he does you do not miss that opportunity. He can be a workhorse, he has little ware on his tyres, he will instantly make our offense one of the better in the league.

I really am that high on the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
                          swap firsts, give them a 3rd and a conditional next year. To some it may be alot, but im sorry when you get a 5' 10" back at 237 who can run the way he does you do not miss that opportunity. He can be a workhorse, he has little ware on his tyres, he will instantly make our offense one of the better in the league.

I really am that high on the guy.
                          Haha, its nice to see fans of other teams actaully high on the same RB we are...most fans think people who like Turner are on crack.

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
                            Haha, its nice to see fans of other teams actaully high on the same RB we are...most fans think people who like Turner are on crack.
                            Yup...I love Turner as well. I mean come one, the kid is a 5'10" 237 lb bull that actually has speed. He runs hard, breaks tackles, rarely goes down on first contact, and then runs away from people. I wish LenDale ran with authority like that. I think Turner would be perfect for what Fisher wants to do.

Comment

The value of the picks involved comes more down to what competition is out there for Turner's services than anything else. I think as low as a single 2nd could land him as SD would surely agree getting anything for him is better than nothing when he's a FA after 2007. If they wait until after the draft they're risking the teams in need of a HB finding one in the draft lowing the demand. Not to mention a pick for this upcoming draft sure beats a pick for the 08 draft should they wait until the season is closer.

As far as I see it, if the Chargers want something for Turner, they have 23 days to get something sorted. I see the Titans' interest in Dillon as half bluff to convince SD they have other options and half serious should Buffalo or another team go overboard on the trade offer or even actually give up a 1st and 3rd on the RFA tender.

At first, I was a little skeptical that White was really overweight as I try to believe as little info between Feb and the draft as possible, but if it's true, going after Turner would also hopefully send a message to the team once again that relaxing thinking you have a job secured is ill advised.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information