Pacman lost for the season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MicktheGreat View Post
    Given that it's a pretty deep CB class this season, I don't think that should be our 1st round concern. After all, while Harper's not a "elite" CB, he's proven that he's capable of being a team's #1 CB in the NFL.
    Harper is not really a good #1 corner. He has injury problems, and does not do very well in man to man coverage which is what you guys run. He did pretty good in our Cover 2 scheme. I think your best chance to contend with Indy this year is to possibly either trade for Asante Samuel, or take Chris Houston or Aaron Ross after a possible trade down and then get your WR in Anthony Gonzalez in the 2nd round.
    INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - A CHANGE IS COMING!

Comment

Originally posted by indyfan1985 View Post
      Harper is not really a good #1 corner. He has injury problems, and does not do very well in man to man coverage which is what you guys run. He did pretty good in our Cover 2 scheme. I think your best chance to contend with Indy this year is to possibly either trade for Asante Samuel, or take Chris Houston or Aaron Ross after a possible trade down and then get your WR in Anthony Gonzalez in the 2nd round.
      Yeah, he was in a cover 2 scheme, but he said it himself....Colts didn't run alot of cover 2 this year, primarily ran alot of cover 3, and the corners have pretty much man reponsibilities with what's in front of them there. No one is saying Harper is gonna be a shut down corner....I think everyone knows he isn't. But he's a solid player that can be a quality starter for a couple years.

Btw, schmiddog, I like the idea of getting Houston in rd1 and Rice in rd2. Actually I love Rice in rd 2. Not so much in 1, but if he were available for us in 2, I'd jump all over it. Houston is one of my favorite players in the draft, I was on his bandwagon very very early in the year, I just don't know if it's in our best interest to take a CB in rd 1. If he's BPA, do it, but if a good DL falls, i'd take them instead, or possibly a WR if Houston isn't there. Not a big fan of Aaron Ross, I've never understood what people see in him. Love Revis and Houston though. We have alot of flexibility though, we have the ability to wait on corner until about rd 3 for a guy like Jon Wade, Fred Bennett, Josh Wilson, or maybe even DeAndre Jackson early in day 2 and letting them develop while Harper holds down the fort for a couple years.

Comment

You know I have been noticing this alot lately, but Indianapolis fans have always been hating on Nick Harper. He was always performing, well when not injured, (and Bob Sanders was injured almost all year but no one is jumping all over him) He always gave you interceptions, but you always just sat there and told him it wasn't good enough. But he will be an excellent option for Tennessee and should be a great corner while we hope for Pacman to be back.

But back to the Titans in this draft, we shoudl definitly go WR in the first, DE in the second, and CB in the third.

Comment

Sidney Rice will not be there for us in the second round. He will most certainly be snatched up at the beginning of round 2. However, anything is possible since nobody saw Winston Justice or LenDale White falling to round 2 as well

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
          Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information