No announcement yet.

Short List of 1st round possibilities

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When do we take DE though? If we go WR in the first, which is likely, then do we grab a DE in the second or third? I view Tarnard Jackson as a steal in the second round, he has height and speed and good coverage skills. The dropoff in DE talent falls after the second round though. Also, if Lorenzo Booker is available in the third, would it be hard to not draft him to be a complimentary back?

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
    Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

My top draft targets, rounds 1-3:

Round 1:

a. Jamaal Anderson
      b. Chris Houston
      c. Dwayne Jarrett
      d. Robert Meachem
      e. Ted Ginn
      f. Dwayne Bowe

Round 2:

a. Sidney Rice
      b. Marcus McCauley
      c. Charles Johnson
      d. Anthony Gonzalez
      e. Craig Davis

Round 3:

a. Quintin Moses
      b. Victor Abiamiri
      c. Daymeion Hughes
      d. Michael Bush

Other rounds:

a. Garrett Wolf
      b. Garrett Wolf
      c. Garrett Wolf (this guy's going to be AWESOME!!!)
      "A lot of people say this and say that about us, but thatís a good thing. We want to keep it low, and we donít want all the hype going with the Tennessee Titans. We want to just keep it low. Yíall just keep talking about us, talking bad about us, so we can just continue to go out there each week and show the whole world what type of football team we are." -- Vince Young

T-minus 1 year until the beginning of the Titans Dynasty!

Comment

How would you guys feel about a draft that looked like this, assuming we get Michael Turner pre-draft ...

1. Chris Houston (CB)
        2. Sidney Rice (WR)
        3. Victor Abiamiri (DE)
        4. Manuel Ramirez (OG)
        4. Doug Free (OT)
        5. Earl Everett (OLB)
        6. Garrett Wolfe (RB)
        6. Marquice Cole (CB)
        6. Derek Schouman (TE)
        7. Nick Jones (C)
        "A lot of people say this and say that about us, but thatís a good thing. We want to keep it low, and we donít want all the hype going with the Tennessee Titans. We want to just keep it low. Yíall just keep talking about us, talking bad about us, so we can just continue to go out there each week and show the whole world what type of football team we are." -- Vince Young

Comment

How exactly do you plan to get Turner and not give up any draft picks?

Comment

Originally posted by ChiFan24 View Post
            How exactly do you plan to get Turner and not give up any draft picks?
            Yeah, we'd have to give up 1. We'd probably flip flop first rounders and then give up a 3rd or so. Or maybe a future pick.

Comment

Ooh, good point.

I'm wondering what A.J. Smith is going to want. I think that he thinks that he is too hot to trot. You know what I mean? I would be willing to trade first and thirds, or simply give him our second in 2008. Both scenarios would benefit the Chargers, as LaDainian is durable and they could afford to have a "lesser" backup such as Antonio Pittman or Michael Bush. However, I think A.J. will be too stubborn for his own good. The question is whether the Titans (or Bills or another team) are willing to pay the price.

Hmmm ... If we swapped first and thirds ... I guess it would be realistic to shoot for Dwayne Jarrett in round one and Charles Johnson in round two. I could live with that.

Comment

bring me meachem to the #1 spot and i dont care about anything else

Comment

1. Robert Meachem (WR) - best WR behind Johnson IMHO, and a position of need

seeing how pacman is not banned for life, i dont think the titans will go all out to replace pacman. he will be back next year and seeing how he has little to no trade value - due to his off the field behavior - the titans are better off trying to hope he reforms.

lynch has character issues so i think the titans will stay clear.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information