2012 Tennessee Titans Discussion!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MicktheGreat View Post
    From reading everyone's comments, it sounds like you guys are comfortable with Chris Carr starting.

I must've been watching a different game.

I'll admit that Carr made a GREAT play on that INT catch in order to keep his feet inbounds (though Tony Brown also played a big role on that play to hit Garrard's arm as he threw, making the ball just float up in the air).

Other than that INT play, I wasn't very impressed with Carr. He was giving his WR a huge, HUUUUUUUGE cushion -- like 10-15 yards. That may have worked against the Jags, who don't scare anyone with their passing game; but against a better pass offense, I think Carr would get absolutely abused for that cushion.

There's a reason that Carr is #4 on the depth chart, IMO. I don't want him anywhere near the starting lineup for an extended period of time.

Just my $0.02...
    Eh, I'm not annointing Carr or anything, but he's young and was being targeted on pretty much every play. He didn't really give up any big plays. I just think he'll get better with time. Cortland Finnegan was burned a couple of times his first start against the Jaguars last season.
    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
    RIP themaninblack

Comment

From reading everyone's comments, it sounds like you guys are comfortable with Chris Carr starting.

I'll admit that Carr made a GREAT play on that INT catch in order to keep his feet inbounds (though Tony Brown also played a big role on that play to hit Garrard's arm as he threw, making the ball just float up in the air).

Other than that INT play, I wasn't very impressed with Carr. He was giving his WR a huge, HUUUUUUUGE cushion -- like 10-15 yards. That may have worked against the Jags, who don't scare anyone with their passing game; but against a better pass offense, I think Carr would get absolutely abused for that cushion.

There's a reason that Carr is #4 on the depth chart, IMO. I don't want him anywhere near the starting lineup for an extended period of time.

Just my $0.02...
      Well we don't face any "indimidating" pass offenses until the end of the season, against Pittsburgh and Indianapolis. Other then that, the Jets, Lions, Browns and Texans don't scare me through the air.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
      Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• Originally posted by MicktheGreat

Just my $0.02...
        The cushion was situational. I doubt the coaches wanted him to be aggressive until he was comfortable, and we'll give up the underneath stuff all day. Plus, compared to Finny, everyone of our CB's give a nice cushion.

What Carr did was right. He had little playing time, so he kept everything in front of him. It's better than playing too close, and getting burned after being unable to recover quickly enough like Rey Hill.

But you're right. Against better pass offenses, he'll be targeted solely because his side of the field is opposite Finny - let alone because he's 10-yards off the receiver. Hopefully he'll get more aggressive, but until then, I'm glad we have Harper back.
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Just my $0.02...
          Yeah i made a comment on carr, during the week 11 game thread and said the say thing as you lol

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
          XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
          Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
          http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

• My boss is going to the game this week :( and i have to work till like 2 o clock, any chance the games gets moved up to 3:15??

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
            XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
            Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
            http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

• Everyone needs to plus rep smitty when they get a chance! He needs way more rep for being such a respected poster!
              RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Eric King ( :( ) to IR, along with Reynaldo Hill.

FA Tyrone Poole signed to replace depth, and Tuff Harris was brought up from PS.

Link
                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• At least they put Reynaldo Hill on IR. We'd be better off letting the WR run free than having Reynaldo Hill cover anyone.
                  RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Damn that hurts our depth, hopefully Poole and Harris are able to play adequately in those nickel situations, given that the Jets like to spread the field. Sucks about King, he was breaking out this season and then this happens.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                    Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• We gettin' owned, brotha'....
                      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                        We gettin' owned, brotha'....
                        Time to change the thread title..... :(
                        RIP themaninblack

Comment

• When you get offsides on a kickoff, you know you're executing terribly...
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Fail...

Time to circle the wagons. Thread title changed... *busts into tears* :(
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                              Fail...

Time to circle the wagons. Thread title changed... *busts into tears* :(
                              It's ok. We have the Lions on Thursday and then we can change the title to the 11-1 Titans.
                              RIP themaninblack

Comment

• I've thought about it a little bit and even though I wish we'd won the game obviously, this loss could be a blessing in disguise. There's no more pressure with the undefeated talk so now the Titans can focus on the main goal of the Super Bowl. We've got 3 very winnable games in a row coming up which should be able to get us to 13-1. By then we might have the #1 seed in the AFC locked up. This loss also showed us that we have some things we need to work on when it comes to defense still. The quick pass has kind of been our achilles heel on defense so far this year. It almost got us beat against Green Bay as well. On offense we need to get back to establishing our running game and controlling the clock. We've gotten away from that these past few weeks. Besides, it's better to get the loss out now than in the playoffs.
                                RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information