2012 Tennessee Titans Discussion!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CutlerChris View Post
    Good showing out there today, I really thought Pitt would beat you without a healthy Haynesworth.
    I did too.
    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
    RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Thank ya, Chris!

I've been stating it all season long, and am relieved that the team backed me up. This defense has taken the next step ahead of the '07 defense. Haynesworth is no longer make or break. The secondary has become among the best in the league (especially with Griffin being the starter at FS this season), and the rest of the DL has improved - those two reasons combined are why this year's defense is much better.

I was anticipating Tony Brown to step it up at DT with Jason Jones as support, but I was mistaken as Jones exploded. I thought Dave Ball and Jacob Ford could cancel out KVB's absence, but rookie DE William Hayes made plays too. Kearse has been rock steady as well.

Certainly not a 1-man unit anymore.
      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Pathetic showing all around by the Steelers. They looked lost and outmatched all day long. Even our defense had a bad day.

Atleast the chances of me having to suffer through another home AFC Championship got worse.

Great win for the Titans. They looked dominant on the lines with a good running game, efficiant QB play, and great defense. Thats the recipe for a superbowl.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• The thing that surprised me the most today (pleasantly) is that our defensive line didn't seem to wear down at all. Without Haynesworth and Vickerson we pretty much had just our two starters at DT. The lack of running on the Steelers part may have helped out but I won't complain.
          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• You guys won this game the way we usually do - solid D, solid running game, and efficient QB play. No doubt you were the better team today.

Just one thing though - Fatdale White better watch out - stomping on the Terrible Towel is not only extremely disrespectful (it's not just our banner but also a tribute to a Pittsburgh icon who recently passed away) but that's just baaaad baaaad Karma!!!! Can't wait till our team sees the film of that!! He'd better hope we don't see you guys again or he's gonna be a target of some very PO'd individuals!

Outside of that it was a good game for you guys - but that was just ugly.

Comment

• Thank you CDub, and while I respect what the Terrible Towel means to Pittsburgh fans and I in no way condone what LenWhale did, I'll restate that Steelers fans should in no way, shape, nor form insinuate a rematch between the two teams after today's game - let alone reveal that it takes a towel getting dirty in order for your team to compete with the Titans.

I don't mean to be rude, but I'm currently in another discussion on this matter and my tolerance is a bit short. This has nothing to do with you or your team, as I have great respect for the Pittsburgh Steelers organization.
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• My biggest problem with the terrible towel issue is that the money from the terrible towels goes to charity. Disrespecting anything the supports charity like that is classless to me.

And I desperately want a rematch. The Steelers are alot better than they played today. Anything can happen come playoff season.

Plus, a rematch means we didn't lose our first playoff game.

Comment

• As I said in the Week 16 Discussion thread, the profits from the Terrible Towel purchases going to a charity is not well-known public knowledge. I didn't know, and I bet many Titans players didn't know either.

Besides, it's proceeds going towards charity is irrelevant. It is not seen as the image of the charity - it's not like tearing up a pink ribbon or a LiveStrong wristband. The Terrible Towel is seen as a signature prop used by Steelers fans.

To me, it was like seeing LenDale stomp on a giant, foam finger with "Steelers #1" on it. All I know about it is that it's a trademark that Steelers fans use, most notably at Heinz Field. That's what comes to mind when I think of it. It's also fine for the Pitt fans to have brought their towels to the game in Nashville, but I do have a problem with Pitt fans getting all up in arms about this situation when it's in this context. The Titans won a huge game that they weren't expect to win at home. They were celebrating on their sideline, and roughed up a Terrible Towel in an effort to get Titans fans going. Had this game been in Pittsburgh, then yes, them ruining a Terrible Towel would have been out of line. But, since it was in our house and ya'll brought it in, then ya'll shouldn't be making as big of a deal of it as ya'll are.
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• To clarify any confusion, Bo Scaife was the one who stomped on the TT with Lendale at the end of the game. Not VY or Keith Bulluck as previously believed.
                    In other news. Snoop Dogg was at the game today.
                    RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Steelers fans should leave the towel stuff for home games anyway. Even though I believe the towel used wasn't a proper one, I think it representing a real one is good enough to get the point across - this is the Titans house, and we don't want this in here.

Really though, it's just a form of trash talk, it's not like a flag or anything. It's a sport/game, not war. I like gimmicks like this in sport but that's all it is, a gimmick. One that is kinda asking for attention really, even if it does go towards a good cause. Steelers fans should really feel more frustrated about the loss.

Comment

• I wasn't mentioning the act to bring up the charity $, what the towel represents across the country to other teams fans, or as a reflection on the Titans organization or it's fans - the reason I brought it up was because of what it means to the players and the reaction that they will have to him stomping on it. The players are very much aware of the history of the towel and take great pride in representing it. The players will desperately want a rematch so that they can have the chance to show him the error of his ways.

I deperately want a rematch because I too feel that the Steelers are a better team (especially defensively) than what they showed today. And because it will mean we didn't lose our first game.... ;)

Comment

• I don't have a huge problem with it. It pisses me off to no end, but its fair game as a symbol.

And I get that most people, most likely White, have no idea the history of the towel itself. It seems very disrespectful to be stomping on it when you know what purpose it serves, and that its creator is a legend in Pittsburgh that recently passed away.

I'd see it as alot worse if I thought white new this, but really its just a heat of the moment kind of thing. The players had to hate seeing those towels in huge numbers in their house.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                            Steelers fans should leave the towel stuff for home games anyway. Even though I believe the towel used wasn't a proper one, I think it representing a real one is good enough to get the point across - this is the Titans house, and we don't want this in here.

Really though, it's just a form of trash talk, it's not like a flag or anything. It's a sport/game, not war. I like gimmicks like this in sport but that's all it is, a gimmick. One that is kinda asking for attention really, even if it does go towards a good cause. Steelers fans should really feel more frustrated about the loss.
                            If you don't want it in your house then get your fans to buy more tickets so we can't.;) But then again Steelers fans are nation wide and are usually willing to overpay to go to games and support their team.

Comment

• I by no means meant no disrespect on my comments about White, or Bulluck. I honestly love Keith Bulluck, but what I saw was classless. In the heat of battle or not, you dont do that to something with such a rich history, and the creator is dead. I know it is fair game, but there is some things that you can prevent from doing.

I give you guys real props. You guys gave us the old school asswhopping that we havent had since the Eagle game. You guys are the best team in the AFC and you proved it. Maybe if end up playing again it will be a different story, but I sure know it will be a great game.

But great job on your victory and I meant no disrespect on my comments about White. I was just pissed that he had to be a classless winner. That was my only problem with the whole game. You guys beat us fair and square and I give you all the props in the world.

Comment

• Hines, you can keep your hate for White but you should give Bulluck another chance. He just held the towel up to the camera and said some unaudible words. You should be more mad at Bo Scaife if anybody.
                                RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information