2012 Tennessee Titans Discussion!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    Great job on the win guys. We got the ass-whooping of the season.

But yeah, White, Scaife, and Kearse (who blew his nose on the towel) have no idea of what they just did. Last time someone disrespected the towel (Houshmandzadeh cleaning his shoe with one) we went to Cincy in the first round of the playoffs, beat them, played an extremely physical game, accidentally tore two of Carson Palmer's ligaments, and then won three more games as visitors before becoming champions.

Most of the starters are still there, other than Joey Porter. James Harrison, however, has a mean temper, and Woodley is better than Haggans. If we play each other again, those guys are going to be extremely fired up. It'd be a great game to watch.

But for the moment, enjoy the win. You guys simply outplayed us.
    You're playing with fire if you try to pull something on the Titans - just ask the Chargers fans.

We're not like the Bengals. You won't see Chad Johnson, Carson Palmer, or any hyped skill players on our sidelines. If you hit us, we hit you back and won't be intimidated.

Harrison and Woodley are great LB's, and they're a force. But be careful what you wish for. Shawne Merriman bumped Vince Young late during a play last year. The next play, Ben Hartsock laid Merriman on his ass after blocking him from his blindside. The play after that, Kevin Mawae and David Stewart double teamed Merriman and drove him into the ground, causing I believe the leg injury that put him out for this season.

We don't play.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• i love the fact we are such a physical team bordering on psycopathic sometimes i think absolutely love it

as for michael griffin and jason jones....wow

Comment

• I'm a little confused by the "what happened last time" posts regarding the towel thing. Is this some sort of suggestion of a curse or something? Or just a way of saying the Steelers will bring it extra hard? If it's the latter, I don't agree at all and I think you'll find the reason the Steelers beat the Bengals that time was because they out played them like they probably would have regardless. The fact Carson went down in a freak fashion didn't hurt the Steelers chances either. Anyway, a physical defensive team often wins playoff games against finesse style offensive teams, so it wasn't a huge surprise at the time.

I suspect the media will try and milk this as much as possible to build up for a potential rematch, and I have no doubts what the angle is going to be ("watch out for the Steelers, they're pissed! grrwaaaww!!"), but I suspect that's fine and dandy with the Titans players. Like the Pats of recent years, they enjoy the lack of hype and something like this will probably just make them underdogs at home again against the media appointed better team.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
          I'm a little confused by the "what happened last time" posts regarding the towel thing.
          Apparently T.J. Houshmazilly cleaned/polished his cleats with the TT during a regular season game where the bengals beat the Steelers. Then when they had the rematch in the post season the Steelers were magically made superior because it really angers grown men when you disrespect a hand towel.
          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Ok. Well, fair enough, but I personally reckon it angers grown men more when they beat a team convincingly, and all anyone can talk about is how classless and unworthy they are afterwards.

The towel thing was a brilliant move really, it almost assures the Titans will remain the least favorite media team heading into the playoffs and that's the Titans' comfort zone.

Comment

• we love to be hated and hate to be loved

Comment

• Merry Christmas fellas!
                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Merry Christmas and happy holidays if you celebrate a different holiday! The Titans already gave us a great present this year! :D
                  RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Man as a Titan fan living in NY (and being a Yankee fan) I think I have gotten what I wanted for x-mas from my sports teams. The Titans as a #1 seed in the playoffs (though I'm not going to be able to see it because I'm going to be out in Death Valley, California with no TV :v( ) and the Yanks basically trying to put the best possible team out on the field. Its been a good x-mas season

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                    Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• If you have Internet we'll keep ya updated.
                      RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Most definitely. If I had to choose between the two, I'd almost rather have internet than TV. I'd go crazy if I couldn't rant with you guys. :D
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• i really hope we can kick indy in the mouth on sunday so we can have the mental advantage over them

Comment

• Yeah, there's definitely a few reasons it would be great to win this game even though it's technically a "meaningless" game.
                            RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                              If you have Internet we'll keep ya updated.
                              I'll see what I can do, I think I might but only on certain nights and at certain hours. Thanks guys i don't know what would happen if I couldn't keep in contact with you guys

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                              Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• 23-0. Talk about packing it in early.
                                RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information