Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Tennessee Titans Discussion!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
    ESPN reports that the Browns and Lions have scheduled interviews with Titans defensive coordinator Jim Schawartz. I really hope he doesn't go an take what is a titanic fixer upper with the Lions. If anything, I think the Browns would be a good job to take given you bring in a proven offensive coordinator and let Jim just worry about fixing that atrocious defense. It definitely would be sad to see him leave, given with the way our defense has played this season.
    I won't be disappointed is Scwartz leaves. We have plenty of talented coaches that could take his place (Washburn, McGinnis) and great personnel.

    Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
    If he was disappointed, he would have hoped for a better performance by himself, not called the process of picking the OROTY a joke. But whatever.

    And there was some tiny sarcasm in the punk statement. I dont have anything against him or anything lol.
    Sorry, I'm bad with E-sarcasm.
    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
    RIP themaninblack

    Comment


    • Yeah. I didn't expect you to get it. I should have realized that as I was posting.

      "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

      Comment


      • New Sig!

        Bring Fat Al back!


        Originally posted by bearsfan_51
        Show me your Wang, if you will.

        Comment


        • Deangelo, from now on, use a :P face or something when you make a sarcastic post. I couldn't perceive any sarcasm from your post. Had I gotten here first, I would have reported you for trolling.
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

          [@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

          Comment


          • Sweet sig aNYtitan.
            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
            RIP themaninblack

            Comment


            • Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
              ESPN reports that the Browns and Lions have scheduled interviews with Titans defensive coordinator Jim Schawartz. I really hope he doesn't go an take what is a titanic fixer upper with the Lions. If anything, I think the Browns would be a good job to take given you bring in a proven offensive coordinator and let Jim just worry about fixing that atrocious defense. It definitely would be sad to see him leave, given with the way our defense has played this season.
              I won't be sad at all to see Schwartz leave.

              The defense has been consistently good this season. However, I'm not sure to what extent Schwartz is the reason for that -- rather, I think it has more to do with the continued progression of Cortland Finnegan, Michael Griffin, and Albert Haynesworth (over the past 2 seasons).

              While I think Schwartz is a decent defensive coordinator, I personally don't think he's that great, as his schemes are about as vanilla as you could possibly imagine and he NEVER makes any type of adjustment as the game goes on. Personally, as I watch a Titans game, I can guess about 90% of the time EXACTLY what defense the Titans are going to run and even what kind of pressure they're going to bring (on the rare occasion that they bring the blitz). To me, that points to some awfully predictable defensive play-calling. Luckily for us this year, our defensive players have been good enough to excel even in a bland defensive scheme.

              If Schwartz leaves, I'd like to see us bring in a defensive coordinator (or promote one) who takes more risks and believes in bringing extra pressure on the QB, aside from just the DL.

              Comment


              • we need more blitzing from the backers and that wont happen if we keep schwartz

                Comment


                • I think we'd definitely promote from within with either Washburn, Mcginnis or Cecil (Not my idea, but a lot of people are high on him).
                  Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                  RIP themaninblack

                  Comment


                  • i want to see tully hitting the LOS more going after the QB

                    Comment


                    • Hey just seeing if anyone would like to join the new Forum Mock.
                      Right now one person has signed up to be the GM of the Titans and there is also an expansion team in this forum mock. So go check it out. Signups are scheduled to end Sunday night.

                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=28445



                      Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                      Comment


                      • Well, we're officially playing either San Diego or Baltimore next week. Gotta say I'm relieved that the Chargers took Manning and Co. out of the playoffs, as I saw the Colts as a bigger contender than the Chargers.

                        Personally, I want to play the Chargers. After losing to them twice last season in those two unforgettable games, I want revenge. Plus, them coming all the way from the west coast bodes well for any team out east. Though, beating the crap outta the Ravens would be sweet as well, naturally.

                        Also, I had a dream last night that we won the Super Bowl. We beat the Giants...handily. Forced two turnovers - a FF and INT. The INT was returned to the house by Griffin. Ah, the best dream of my life...and I've dreamt about boobies before. :D
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                        [@TDWinstead]
                        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                          Well, we're officially playing either San Diego or Baltimore next week. Gotta say I'm relieved that the Chargers took Manning and Co. out of the playoffs, as I saw the Colts as a bigger contender than the Chargers.

                          Personally, I want to play the Chargers. After losing to them twice last season in those two unforgettable games, I want revenge. Plus, them coming all the way from the west coast bodes well for any team out east. Though, beating the crap outta the Ravens would be sweet as well, naturally.

                          Also, I had a dream last night that we won the Super Bowl. We beat the Giants...handily. Forced two turnovers - a FF and INT. The INT was returned to the house by Griffin. Ah, the best dream of my life...and I've dreamt about boobies before. :D
                          I would actually rather face the Ravens. Classic rivalry, with no love lost between the two teams. Not to mention they set up as a weaker opponent IMO, even though they have a stout defense. Offensively, if you can rattle Flacco, it throws their entire gameplan out the window. I also feel that SD is a much more dangerous team and are setting up to be the dark horse to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl


                          Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                          Show me your Wang, if you will.

                          Comment


                          • The Chargers team who played last night is not a Super Bowl team. Many people made the mistake of falling in love with the Colts despite them not having a running game or defense. They assumed Manning would carry the team because he's the MVP, and that the team's momentum would carry them through. Fact of the matter is that this Indy team is the same type of team they were before they won a Super Bowl - except they could run the ball back then.

                            The Chargers did what I thought a team had to do to beat Indy, and they still struggled at home. They've won a few games straight, but they weren't playoff caliber teams aside from the Colts. They haven't faced a team with the run game of the Titans and the defense of the Titans. I'm confident against any AFC team.
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                            [@TDWinstead]
                            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                              The Chargers team who played last night is not a Super Bowl team. Many people made the mistake of falling in love with the Colts despite them not having a running game or defense. They assumed Manning would carry the team because he's the MVP, and that the team's momentum would carry them through. Fact of the matter is that this Indy team is the same type of team they were before they won a Super Bowl - except they could run the ball back then.

                              The Chargers did what I thought a team had to do to beat Indy, and they still struggled at home. They've won a few games straight, but they weren't playoff caliber teams aside from the Colts. They haven't faced a team with the run game of the Titans and the defense of the Titans. I'm confident against any AFC team.
                              After dominating the Steelers, I also agree that the Titans can take the best bunch from any team and return it


                              Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                              Show me your Wang, if you will.

                              Comment


                              • The Colts were definitely the team that worried me the most in the AFC field so I'm happy they're outta here. Now I'd like to play the Chargers in the next round and then the Dolphins in the AFC championship, just because we haven't played those teams yet this season.
                                Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                                RIP themaninblack

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information