No announcement yet.

2012 Tennessee Titans Discussion!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's no way that we afford both Albert Haynesworth AND Nnamdi Asomugha this offseason.

So...

If given the choice, would you rather re-sign Haynesworth OR sign Asomugha???

Personally, I think I'd rather re-sign Haynesworth because he's the anchor of our defense and makes everyone else better. As tough as it is to find a shut-down CB, I think it's probably even harder to find a true game-changing DT like Haynesworth.

Comment

• Oh yeah, I'd most definitely rather keep Haynesworth and the continuity that comes with him. But if for some reason we lost him in FA and Aso was out there I'd want us to push hard for him.
      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
      RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Honestly, I don't think Haynesworth is make or break for this team as a whole. But with that said, I think losing AH would take this team from the best DL in the league to above-average.

Fortunately, next year's DT class looks to be great. So no matter what happens, we shouldn't be up the creek without a paddle.
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Jason Jones Sack Machine Haha

Comment

• Well, if we lost Fat Al it would hurt more then people think, but if it occurs, make that big push for Aso

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
            Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• Sorry for the dissappointing loss guys... my sympathies
              There is always next year.
              As a Colt fan I have become used to losing in the playoffs.

Sig by BoneKrusher
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

• Guys, I really get the feeling Jason Jones was brought in because of the Haynesworth situation. At first, I thought he'd replace Tony Brown eventually at UT. But, Tony Brown has signed an extension, is young, and has played lights out. Unless they're pulling a Griffin and playing him at DT until they wanna switch him to DE, then I think JJ is AH's replacement.

That's theory #1.

Theory #2 is that after we lost 3 in a row the previous season when AH went down with injury, the FO and coaches thought it would be best to be 3-deep at the DT rotation. Jason Jones is not only depth, but also a backup plan incase AH elects to leave. But why use a 2nd RD pick on depth?

Either way, the 2010 is super bad. Marvin Austin, Gerald McCoy, Vince Oghabaase (Who is like AH jr), and more.

And thanks for the kind words, RCAChainGang. Was bittersweet to see Dungy retire. Personally, I admire him as a coach and person, and have the utmost respect for him. But, as a fan of a rival team, I sure am glad to see a great coach leave the division. :)
                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• I've got dirt on OzTitan!!!

Scratch that! The man is a creative genius!!! :D
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                    I've got dirt on OzTitan!!!

Scratch that! The man is a creative genius!!! :D
                    FWOOOSSSHHH!!!!!

That's the sound of that post going completely over my head.
                    RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Lol! I was looking through TitansCentral to see if they had any CJ .gif's, and was looking through the Sig and Banner forum. Well, I came across a thread started by OzTitan, and he had this up. In his defenze, Oz said this was done while he was bored and that he was just experimenting with his animation software on his computer. Nevertheless, I thought it was amazing and am contemplating using it here as long as I get his permission! :D

You post on TitansCentral, VDM?
                      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Lol! I was looking through TitansCentral to see if they had any CJ .gif's, and was looking through the Sig and Banner forum. Well, I came across a thread started by OzTitan, and he had this up. In his defenze, Oz said this was done while he was bored and that he was just experimenting with his animation software on his computer. Nevertheless, I thought it was amazing and am contemplating using it here as long as I get his permission! :D

You post on TitansCentral, VDM?
                        Nah, to be honest this is the only forum I post on. I occasionally lurk over at volnation but I never post. Those forums are crazy. What's your handle over at VN so I can keep a look out for some intelligent posts over there?
                        RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by VDM
                          Nah, to be honest this is the only forum I post on. I occasionally lurk over at volnation but I never post. Those forums are crazy. What's your handle over at VN so I can keep a look out for some intelligent posts over there?
                          My handle is TitanHope on VolNation and TitansCentral. I post most often on TC (260 posts), and I'm with you on the mostly reading part on VN (27 posts). I only post on VolNation when I have to - Like when some homer starts a thread saying he wants a DT like Mt. Cody for our new "Tennessee 2" Defense. Then I can't resist! :D
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

My handle is TitanHope on VolNation and TitansCentral. I post most often on TC (260 posts), and I'm with you on the mostly reading part on VN (27 posts). I only post on VolNation when I have to - Like when some homer starts a thread saying he wants a DT like Mt. Cody for our new "Tennessee 2" Defense. Then I can't resist! :D
                            Yeah, it can be a real negative when you have a forum dedicated to one team. So many homers and out there characters. There's some good info sometimes though.
                            RIP themaninblack

Comment

• I prefer our forums here at SWDC. It forces you take have a different mentality compared to a team only forum. You have to be positive and supportive of your team's players so that you can defend them from criticism from other fans. We also handle things better. Yeah, in the Titans forum we're rah-rah about our team, but that's not all we can talk about on this site. We also get told an outsider's opinion on our team. At TitansCentral, they don't get outsider input, and if they do, it's by a troll. So while they're going rah-rah, no one is keeping them in check. So when something bad does happen, they panic cause no one around saw this coming. We can rationalize things because of our mentality and because we've been warned by opposing fans that something can happen. On TC, they assume that since no one saw this coming, that it is unprecedented and that an equal act must be done to counteract the bad event (ie. Firing Jeff Fisher because we lost this past Sunday). If you're strictly positive on TC, then you're an apologist. If you're strictly negative, then you're a hater. If you're inbetween, then you're not as big of a fan as the other two groups.

I also think we're more knowledgeable on this site. As I said before, we just have so many perspectives to see things from. We're not friends with just Titans fans. We're fans with Colts, Jags, and Texans fans - something that'd never occur on a team only board. We're experts on our own team's weaknesses and strengths because we have to defend and argue them daily, but we also have to become used to the other teams in the NFL and their pros and cons. That puts us on another plane than the Titans fans on TC. Add in the fact that this site is a NFL Draft based site, and we also have a base knowledge of college players and teams, and the NFL Draft and it's processes. To enhance that knowledge, we must become accustomed to types of schemes, the teams that run those schemes, and how certain players fit into those schemes. We're two different types of fans, with us being more objective and them being more subjective.

I'm not meaning to brag or demean the knowledge of the fans at TC - many there know a lot about the team. I enjoy going over there because of that, and it's my #1 place for Titans related news. The Kerry Collins contract thing that I posted just today in the Draft/Offseason thread came from a thread there. But, I have no doubt that I get more quality information, knowledge, and opinion in 1,000-posts worth of interaction here than I would in 10,000-posts worth of interaction on TitansCentral.
                              Last edited by TitanHope; 01-13-2009, 07:16 PM.
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• You sir receive an A+ for your SWDC dissertation.
                                RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information