No announcement yet.

2012 Tennessee Titans Discussion!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So that was probably around the time ESPN was in town for the Vanderbilt and Auburn game.
    I wasn't involved if you guys were wondering! :p
    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
    RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Question for the Titans fans,how much confidence do you have in VY as a starter?

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
      like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilNixon View Post
        Question for the Titans fans,how much confidence do you have in VY as a starter?
        Me personally, not a whole lot. But I'm not going to pretend that that is a totally unbiased answer considering I didn't want us drafting Vince since jump street.
        RIP themaninblack

Comment

Question for the Titans fans,how much confidence do you have in VY as a starter?
          If he came off the bench if Kerry got hurt I would not be worried because teams wouldnt be ready for him. If he came in as the starter heading into the game however.....Im just not sure. I want him to do well, we all do, but he has shown us nothing as a starter.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
          I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

A lot more confidence then I have in Kerry Collins at this time. I was one of the minority on this board in drafting VY (I was also a fan of Leinart instead of Cutler, so look at that lol). I would like him to be a starter just because he has shown he could win games when it comes down to the QB making plays. These past couple of games, Collins hasn't shown that. He has actually cost us games versus Houston and New York. In terms of decision making, of course VY is going to be a bit (if not more) worse then Kerry. But in terms of game breaking ability, VY takes that hands down.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
            Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
              A lot more confidence then I have in Kerry Collins at this time. I was one of the minority on this board in drafting VY (I was also a fan of Leinart instead of Cutler, so look at that lol). I would like him to be a starter just because he has shown he could win games when it comes down to the QB making plays. These past couple of games, Collins hasn't shown that. He has actually cost us games versus Houston and New York. In terms of decision making, of course VY is going to be a bit (if not more) worse then Kerry. But in terms of game breaking ability, VY takes that hands down.
              i'm basically in total agreement and was a huge fan of his coming out of texas, but honestly i'm foaming at the mouth about our chances at getting jake locker, if you watch this guy 2 years ago he was VY make 1 read maybe 2 then take off(which he is very good at) but watch him now and he is legit pocket passer but if he tucks it he is a real threat and beast STUD

Comment

• Originally posted by TitansCJftw View Post
                i'm basically in total agreement and was a huge fan of his coming out of texas, but honestly i'm foaming at the mouth about our chances at getting jake locker, if you watch this guy 2 years ago he was VY make 1 read maybe 2 then take off(which he is very good at) but watch him now and he is legit pocket passer but if he tucks it he is a real threat and beast STUD
                Are you talking about Locker?

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• I think VY has progressed as a passer. During his time in preseason, his footwork was much better, he had more zip as a result, and his passes were to spots on the field where the receiver was going to be rather than where they were. Plus, and maybe most importantly, it looked like he had his swagger back and was enjoying himself.

Is he as efficient of a passer as Collins? No, not yet. But consider the talent around Collins compared to Young's 2007 season. Young had no Chris Johnson, no Nate Washington, no Kenny Britt, no Crumpler and Scaife wasn't the player he now is, and the defense was deeper and better in '08 than it was in '07. And the return game and field position that Chris Carr produced was invaluable. Who was the returner in '07? Griffin? Chris Davis? Heck, even Chris Henry returned kicks. The result of that is now a highlight clip for the Colts.

I've never really been a big Collins fan and have always been somewhat of a VY apologist. But, Collins was the QB who was best for the team last season, and I think VY being out a season could have possibly saved his career. I still believe he's the planned QB of the future. He was the guy I wanted the Titans to get, and I saw how special of a player he was when he put Texas on his back and won them a championship. As a rookie, I saw that same player orchestrate one of the most memorable regular seasons I've ever seen the Titans have. I still think he's the same player. The NFL just caught up to him, he wasn't ready and tried to do too much, and things started snowballing for him. After sitting for a season, I think it's been a blessing in disguise and has allowed him to catch back up to this level of competition. Not to mention, he's been able to sit and learn Heimerdinger's system (which I like better than Chow's) and didn't have to learn it on the fly. He needed a year to sit, and he's had that.

If Young were to come in to play, I have confidence in him. I think by him being in there, it raises the level of play of the others around him and raises the intensity of the defense. He knows the system, is a better passer, and has talent around him that is much better than what he used to. I think 2010 is the year of Vince Young, though, and believe that Kenny Britt in his sophomore season will be a big part of it.
                  Last edited by TitanHope; 10-04-2009, 12:18 AM.
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                  Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Good game. i don't get you guys, 0-4 is weird

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen
                    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• It was not a good game. :(

Comment

• I really have no words for this game. Absolutely terrible performance in each and every aspect, and the momentum was in the favor of Jacksonville for the entire game.

Oh, and LenDale White had 2 carries. I know we were down the whole game, but I just wanted to point that out...
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• What we need next year..

DE -KVB and Kearse are no longer good pass rushers

Linebacker - David Thorton looks bad, he is a good guy but he has lost a few steps since last year and has been terrible agianst the pass.

Saftey- Griffin has not been great but Chris Hope gets fooled by every pump fake and bootleg.

CB- Nick Harper is done after this year.

QB- Kerry has lost it.

Oh and we need a Punter and a Punt/Kick returner.

Besides that we are set.

Comment

• Looks like they've packed it in unfortunately.
                            RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Cortland Finnegan, Jason Jones, and Dave Ball being inactive hurt big time. Seems JJ has become a bit injury prone...
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• I still kinda think we should move Jason Jones out to LE. We could use our high pick on a guy like Ndamukong Suh or Gerald McCoy to take his DT spot and I think upgrade two spots with one pick.
                                RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information