Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our starting roster should be

QB-Vince Young-see what you got in him
    RB-Chris Johnson (sexs) Javon Ringer(Lendale carries the ball like a loaf of bread and is hurt)
    FB-Ahmard Hall-still a hammer
    WR-Nate Washington-good
    WR-Kenny Britt-good for a rookie
    WR-Dominique Edison-Cut Gage, dude is a ghost
    TE-Jared Cook-Scaife gets hurt alot and is no franchise player
    O-Line Stays

DE-William Hayes-Good, plays hard, still does not get enough reps
    DT-Jason Jones-WTF is that dude from tampa doing starting? he is a bigger ghost than Gage.
    DT-?????????
    DE-Jacob Ford- KVB :(

OLB-Keith Bulluck-He is a shell of his former self but he is an still an okay player
    MLB-Gerald McRath-Tulluch gets lost and blows assignments way to often.
    OLB-Stanford Kegler-Thorton has blown so many cover assignments its laughable.

CB-Cortland Finnegan- Still good.
    CB-Mouton has been alot better than McCourty IMO,
    FS-Griffin, Has not played great but WTF do you expect when no one is on the same page
    SS-Hope has blown alot of things but we have no depth at saftey so WTF is one to do?

K-Bironas
    P-????? Hodges sucks big wiener and has a noodle for a leg.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
    I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

• Originally posted by DoughBoy View Post
      Only players playing like they are worth a damn

Chris Johnson
      David Stewart
      Ahmard Hall(even though his fumbles and holding penelties piss me off)
      Micheal Roos
      Javon Ringer
      Jason Jones
      William Hayes
      Cortland Finnegan(when healthy)

The rest can GTFO
      My List:
      --Chris Johnson (our best player this season...by far)
      --Ahmard Hall (still one of the best FBs in the game)
      --Kenny Britt (has shown potential to be legit #1 WR)
      --Nate Washington (give him one more year to prove himself)
      --Jared Cook (tons of talent and looked good this preseason)
      --Michael Roos (still a top-flight left-tackle...a tough position to fill)
      --David Stewart (too many penalties...but still a mauler in pass-block)
      --Jason Jones (oft-injured...but talented and effective when healthy)
      --William Hayes (not great...but getting better and better)
      --Cortland Finnegan (fiesty & physical CB...needs additional help)
      --Michael Griffin (don't believe he went from ProBowler to dud in 1 year)
      --Chris Hope (see: Griffin...convinced it's the scheme that's killing him)

Everyone else, I think, can be replaced by someone better.

But, again, the replacements need to start with the coaching staff. If you're not going to get rid of Fisher, you MUST replace Heimerdinger, Cecil, & Lowry -- all of whom have COMPLETELY floundered with the play-calling this season. Heimerdinger's offense is too "clever" for its own good -- not to mention ineffective. With that uber-padded, super-soft zone scheme he loves so much, Cecil's playcalling is even more conservative than Schwartz's was, which is near impossible to believe. Nothing even needs to be said about Lowry's ST -- they're THAT bad.

Comment

• I used to think dinger was an awesome offensive corrdinator but now even I can whats going to happen. 3&1 and 3&2 are playaction passes. 3& 10 on our own 20 and below is a draw to Chris Johnson. All of our passes are curls and slants for the most part or a dump to Chris. Cecil, Im convinced has no feel for playcalling, period. Fisher is still a good coach, but maybe it is time to split ways. Maybe this season will do him some good knowing that he isnt some great mastermind. You need to keep your impact players in house and you need to pick your coaches better. We should have never let Haynesworth go, and we should have found a better DC than Cecil. Promote McGinnes and admit you made a mistake.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoughBoy View Post
          Our starting roster should be

QB-Vince Young-see what you got in him
          RB-Chris Johnson (sexs) Javon Ringer(Lendale carries the ball like a loaf of bread and is hurt)
          FB-Ahmard Hall-still a hammer
          WR-Nate Washington-good
          WR-Kenny Britt-good for a rookie
          WR-Dominique Edison-Cut Gage, dude is a ghost
          TE-Jared Cook-Scaife gets hurt alot and is no franchise player
          O-Line Stays

DE-William Hayes-Good, plays hard, still does not get enough reps
          DT-Jason Jones-WTF is that dude from tampa doing starting? he is a bigger ghost than Gage.
          DT-?????????
          DE-Jacob Ford- KVB :(

OLB-Keith Bulluck-He is a shell of his former self but he is an still an okay player
          MLB-Gerald McRath-Tulluch gets lost and blows assignments way to often.
          OLB-Stanford Kegler-Thorton has blown so many cover assignments its laughable.

CB-Cortland Finnegan- Still good.
          CB-Mouton has been alot better than McCourty IMO,
          FS-Griffin, Has not played great but WTF do you expect when no one is on the same page
          SS-Hope has blown alot of things but we have no depth at saftey so WTF is one to do?

K-Bironas
          P-????? Hodges sucks big wiener and has a noodle for a leg.
          QB: Young (he's our QB next year, whether we like it or not)
          RB: C. Johnson (should get 25 touches a game)
          FB: Hall (good FB, who should be more involved in the offense)
          WR: Britt (with more experience, should be a good #1 WR)
          WR: Washington (got the speed...needs more reps on the outside)
          TE: Cook (FAs: Scaife's gone for sure...Crumpler probably)
          OT: Roos (still a franchise-calibur left-tackle)
          OT: Stewart (can be a dominant run-blocker)
          OG: J. Scott (good but not great lineman)
          OG: ??? (FAs: Amano's gone, no doubt)
          C: L. Harris (should be starting over old & ineffective Mawae anyway)

DE: Hayes (getting better with more playing time)
          DE: ??? (FAs: Kearse probably gone...maybe KVB too)
          DT: J. Jones (injury-prone but talented pass-rusher)
          DT: ??? (FAs: Tony Brown probably gone)
          OLB: ??? (FAs: Bulluck definitely gone)
          MLB: ??? (FAs: Tulloch maybe gone)
          OLB: Thornton (starter by default with other projected FA losses)
          CB: Finnegan (physical CB)
          CB: ??? (FAs: Harper's gone. McCourty & Mouton look like backups)
          S: Griffin (no way he's fallen this far...has to be DEF scheme)
          S: Hope (see: Griffin, I hope)

K: Bironas (one of our most consistent players)
          P: ??? (Hodges is meh...so is Trepasso)

As you can see, our DEF is in some MAJOR turmoil this offseason. Reinfeldt better bring in some good (NOT "bargain") vets to fill in a couple of these positions and use the draft to stock up on the others. Otherwise, we could be in for another defense-less Titans team next season...

Comment

• Well atleast we will be picking high this year. The loss of the second hurts even though I like Jared Cook. We need to just put everyone on the trade block except the obvious and get what we can get.

Comment

• Our defensive front 7 is key this offseason. I'm willing to bet Reinfeldt will sign a vet FA to plug opposite Finnegan to complete our starting secondary. I think we should use our top pick on one of the two DTs: Ndamukong Suh or Gerald McCoy. Those guys are beasts and will help us get more push up the middle. Then we could have a starting d-line of....

DE: William Hayes
              DE: Jason Jones (kicks out to end if we draft a DT high)
              DT: Suh or McCoy
              DT: Marks

Very young, but more talented and athletic than our current line. We could still keep Ford, Ball, Haye and Vickerson for depth.

The key then would be linebacker. We'd probably have to sign a vet since we don't have a second rounder. I personally like Derrick Johnson and I do think he'll hit the market because I don't think he fits that 3-4 well.
              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
              RIP themaninblack

Comment

• this is so terrible im not opposed to trading down our top 5 pick for more picks because of the need at so many positions its terrible its...i... no words...

Comment

• Hey guys, I started up a thread so we can move this talk about player movement and personal changes there and keep this threads focus on the current team.

And in regards to our current team, I think this grainy horrendously taped SC clip tells the story

I'm really at a loss for words right now. I really knew something like this was bound to happen against the Pats, but its just awful out there. Even during the turnover years after we cut all of our aging veterans and replaced them on the field with youngsters, they showed some heart. The older veterans we have now just seem to really have a lack of interest in the team completely. Not to mention the play calling on both sides of the ball has been just absolutely awful. Changes need to be made, sooner rather then later imo cause the equation we have right now just isn't cutting it at all. Collins is done, is showing what happens when a team needs to rely on a game manager to win. Our defense looks like a bunch of wanderers in the secondary with our front four just getting constantly beat up cause they are the only rushers. At least we can say that there really is no place to go but up after this shellacking, and we really have bottomed out. I'm hoping that with the bye week upcoming, we can see a fresh start from our team.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                  Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• Its hard watching Jeff's press confrence this afternoon. He is a good coach and I'm not looking foward to him leaving Nashville, he has been a fixture here for what seems like forever. Im not saying I wouldn't welcome a change, just that it will suck to see him go.

Wish we could Get rid of Climer,Biddle, and Cecil instead. It would soften the blow.
                    Last edited by DoughBoy; 10-19-2009, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• *hangs myself*

CJ for OPOTY

Comment

• In my opinion Jeff Fisher needs to go. I know I've been somewhat vocal in that I think he's just not a good head coach, but hear me out. The Titans have lost the last eight games they've played in. They were bounced from the playoffs in the first round last year with the best record in the league. In fact, Jeff Fisher hasn't won a playoff game since 2003. He has five playoff wins in 16 years, including three in one season. In the last nine years, the Titans have four winning records, four losing records, and an 8-8 year. Coaches have been fired for less. Look at Marty Schottenheimer, Mike Martz, Brian Billick, Mike Shanahan, John Gruden, etc. There came a time for the teams that fired those guys when they just didn't see those guys as coaches who could lead a team to the Super Bowl.

You don't coach to go 9-7 every year. You coach for the Super Bowl. If there's a hump that your team hasn't gotten over (and Jeff Fisher doesn't have any rings), it's time to make a change. This is like dating a girl who's only a 7/10. She's not bad, but if you have any dignity you'll try and do better for yourself. Sometimes you need to take a risk in order to do well. Besides, it's not like Fisher seems like he's really rallying the guys. On the opposite, yesterday it looked like the players completely quit on him, and I can't really see him getting back to the point where he's got the whole team under his command. Jeff Fisher seems like an okay guy and a pretty decent coach. He can take a talented team and get them to play pretty well most of the time. I'm sure he'd make a nice coach for, say, Dallas after this season. But I'm not convinced he's the guy in Tennessee.

It's a shame that Jim Schwartz already got hired, because I think he'd be a good guy for Tennessee. Ever since he left, he's won more games than Jeff Fisher, and when you look at the talent level of the Titans vs. the talent level of the Lions, the Titans have a huge edge. I remember going into this season, everyone on here was talking about how even despite losing Schwartz and Haynesworth, there were a lot of good players on this team and about how the Titans should still make a playoff run. I still believe there are a lot of talented players on the team. The only explanation is that Jeff Fisher isn't doing his job as a coach of getting the team to rally behind him. He's not putting guys in a position to win. Look at some of the other teams who had coaches lead them to pretty decent records and that moved on. The Ravens moved on from Billick - they're a pretty good club. Look at McDaniels on the Broncos. If Shanahan and Billick can be replaced, Fisher sure as hell can, too. It just needs to happen before the Titans lose all of their talent.

Comment

• Thats a really good point bringing up Shanahan, as he was another of those long time tenured head coaches that many thought would retire then get fired. It really does seem like Fisher's time is running up now, given how both the offense and defense is performing. But a change in the midst of the season? There really is no suitable replacement for him at this moment. We will just have to ride it out for now. Sadly I'm having trouble trying to come up with some coordinators that should get their shot. We definitely should hire someone a bit more defensive based though.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                          Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• Schottenheimer would be a good hire

Call me crazy but the marriage will work - Marty Schottenheimer coaching the Titans. A fiery passionate coach who gives it all. He will get the Titans playing consistently well in the regular season, inside and outside the division. His teams may not have done well in the playoffs but I do not think all of it is his fault. If the Titans need a change that they will respond to, Schottenheimer could definitely be it.

Comment

• How do you guys feel about this?

http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/200...-the-rocketown

Does it piss you off or do you even care? I'm not trying to troll, I'm just thinking if the Colts were 0-6 and Caldwell showed up somewhere in a Brady jersey I wouldn't find it funny.

Comment

• I dont care, It was meant to be taken as being funny. If we were 6-0 I might care but we are 0-6.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information