No announcement yet.

2012 Tennessee Titans Discussion!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude couldn't cover his sandwich with foil.

Comment

• Ouch, shows how well I've paid attention to the Titans lately. Thanks for the replies.

Comment

• Mike Heimerdinger is undergoing chemo for cancer.
        Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
        RIP themaninblack

Comment

• This week can't get much worse.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
          I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

• Figured I'd share this here too!

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
            While i really really hope that he recovers, what is the titan fans take on this from a football stand of view?
            Dowell Loggains...could be a disaster. Here's his coaching experience, per TitansOnline:

Dowell Loggains Coaching Ledger
            2010: Quarterbacks/Passing Game, Tennessee Titans
            2008-09: Offensive Quality Control Coach, Tennessee Titans
            Ugh... The guy was Matt Jones's backup at Arkansas (if anyone remembers, the 5'5 midget backup they had that was the butt of a few jokes). Before he was here, he was just an assistant on the Cowboys that sat with the players when they went over film.

So basically, what I'm saying is that this could very well...

Not that it wasn't heading that direction without VY, but still. Yikes.

The good news is that Fisher will probably keep closely involved in the offense and have final say in crucial situations. But, Fisher isn't an offensive guy, so he's not exactly a guru. But he does have a **** ton of experience, so he's certainly capable.

The thing I personally am excited about is Mike Munchak's having a bigger part in the offense. He's one of the best OL coaches in the league, and was a HoF'er for the Oilers. If he's gonna be controlling the running game, then I'm pumped to see what he can do, how he helps CJ, and if he makes some changes along the line.
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• I want us to bomb the rest of the season and draft Cameron Newton...better version of Vince Young...I'll take it.

Comment

• Actually Mike Heimerdinger will be calling plays this Sunday and start treatment on Monday.
                RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Football wise, that's great.

Health wise, I hope he's not putting it off just because this is a big game. I knew a girl who needed to have her arm amputated, but she refused to have it done until prom. She wanted her prom pictures to be of her with both arms. She died before the prom was even held.

Hopefully, this is a sign that they caught it early and can afford to wait a few days. If he was really sick, they'd probably start him immediately on chemo, radiation, and/or surgery. I wish I just knew a little bit more, cause I'd probably be able to give info that few others could.
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Someone started a thread for the most important position for a defense and I didn't want to take it over, but for the titans it would probably be...

DT- I think we spend the most high draft picks on the this position- Albert Haynesworth, Randy Starks, Jason Jones, Sen'Derrick Marks, John Thornton. We are also pretty good at finding no name players and them becoming awesome ( Robaire Smith, Tony Brown, Joe Salave'a..... also there was some other guy in the late 90s that had one really great year (Albert Haynesworth like),but I think he got into trouble or got really fat and was never heard of again...refresh my memory if you know who i am talking about)

DE- another position we have a lot of High draft picks on- Jevon Kearse, Laboy, Odom, Bo Schobel, Byron Frisch, Kenny Holmes,Bryan Mix, Henry Ford, Derrick Morgan. And some good finds in Free agency and through trades (Kevin Carter, KVB, Jason Babin, David Ball)

Safety- Maybe y'all wont agree, but we were at our best when we had two elite safeties in Blaine Bishop and Marcus Robinson. Griffin and Hope had 2 good years together and we were awesome, but now Chris Hope sucks and Griffin is inconsistent (sometimes amazing, sometimes a JAG).

CB- Its really important in our defense, but lately our best corners have come from the late rounds ( Jason McCourty 6th, Cortland Finnegan 7th, ATV 4th ,Vinny Fuller 4th) This is probably the position we are worst at drafting at with alot of busts in the high and middle rounds (Andre Woolfolk, Ryan Mouton, PacMan Jones, Rich Gardner, Michael Waddell,Tony Beckham, Mike Echols). We had some good high picks too in Samari Rolle (great) Andre Dyson(good number 2) and Denard Walker (some thought he was the best nickle in the league for a while).

OLB- Just been average at this position (never really vested any draft picks in upgrading it) but , some good players have come and gone. Keith Bulluck and Eddie Robinson were the only constants we have ever had at the position. David Thorton and Peter Sirmon had a couple of great years.

MLB- See OLB. We used some mid round picks as stop gaps, but that's all we ever had. Randall Godfrey was a beast when he played here, I remember there was even a period of about 2 years were there was a debate about him being just as good as Ray Lewis. Stupidest FA loss of all-time including Derrick Mason and Lorenzo Neil.
                    Last edited by DoughBoy; 12-04-2010, 04:09 PM.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                    I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

• Looks like a pretty good list to me.
                      RIP themaninblack

Comment

• In agreement, I think in this draft, I would not be opposed to letting Tully go in FA, sliding Witherspoon inside and drafting a stud OLB.

Comment

• Man, we need to go into the offseason with the mind set to upgrade three spots on both sides of the ball.
                          Firstly, Chuck Cecil needs to go. He's an idiot and his defenses are too undisciplined and never adjust during the game.
                          As for the positions that need to be upgraded......
                          Defense: SS, OLB, DE
                          Offense: QB, TE, OG

Strong Safety: Chris Hope is done. He gets abused constantly in coverage and his tackling is sub-par. He's the weak link of what I feel could otherwise be a solid secondary.

Outside Linebacker: Witherspoon was playing well at the beginning of the season, but he's also part of the problem the Titans have covering tight ends. He does blitz well, but he's too one-dimensional. Plus he's not getting any younger.

Defensive End: Babin and Ball started fast but have hit a wall. I'm also not sure their run defense is as good as their pass rushing. William Hayes has done zilch and Jacob Ford is a liability in run.

Quarterback: Regardless of the Vince Young situation Kerry Collins is done. Rusty Smith has proven he's not ready to be a number 2 anytime soon. Could see the Titans signing a vet in Free Agency as well as spending an early pick here.

Tight End: Bo Scaife is slow and limited in route running that doesn't involve a two yard crossing route. Jared Cook hasn't done jack. That could be on the coaches for limiting him or he could also be Ben Troupe 2.0.
                          I could see the Titans using their early second rounder on Kyle Rudolph. He'd be a major upgrade.

Offensive Guard: Huge drop off in production here. Amano needs to be switched back to left guard if he's going to stay and Harris needs to go back to center if he's going to stay. Jake Scott hasn't made a good block all year from what I've seen. The Titans need to sign a big time vet here in FA. Luckily guys like Carl Nicks and Logan Mankins should be available.
                          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Jacob ford is a liability in EVERYTHING. One of the worst DE's I've ever seen.

Comment

• What would you guys think about Fairly in the 1st if all 3 QB's are gone, Bowers is gone, and no Peterson or Amukamara (basically, if he's BPA)? Tony Brown is solid but unspectacular, Jason Jones is made of glass, Sen'Derrick Marks is taking his time developing, and the rest aren't even worth mention.

Cause Fairley's a freaking stud. 6'5, 300 lbs., and collapses the pocket like no other DT in this class.
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• I'd be for it if that was the circumstances on draft day. Although seeing as how we're going to be losing out and picking 6th or 7th at best, I doubt that to be the case.
                                RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information